New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
alandbess
Bronze Member
Drives: Scirocco

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by alandbess »

Nora wrote:Mike, the subscription theory would only work with cars bought on lease deals, those bought outright for cash would be free from those ties.

I spoke to my dealer at the weekend who stated the obvious, dealers are having a nightmare with Gti’s ordered, they confirmed that despite the initial estimate of delivery by the end of June, I’m unlikely to see it in June or July, I expressed my concerns about delays. And that I’m considering cancelling the order, and said I’ve got the 4yr service coming up at the end of July on my current 2010 6R tdi (major service + cambelt), their response was to say “speak to us closer to the date and we’ll look after it.
From the conversation with the dealer they appear to know less that I do about the manufacturing delays and spec changes.
I totally agree with you about the retailers lack of information. Even VWUK (Ive spoken to them on the phone and emailed Alison Jones (CEO)) seem to be very much in the dark.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

I'd guess that it is called the "official line" - remember for us folk in UK, the importer of these cars is completely owned by VW AG.

I like the idea of "hiring" the use of some extra facilities included as standard in the "future unified build" - especially comparing it with Sky sat extra services, luckily for me I have Free Sat so unless I'm very fussy, I don't need to pay to use extra services.
Leif
Silver Member
Drives: SE 95 PS

Post by Leif »

Nora wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 7:56 am Mike, the subscription theory would only work with cars bought on lease deals, those bought outright for cash would be free from those ties.

I spoke to my dealer at the weekend who stated the obvious, dealers are having a nightmare with Gti’s ordered, they confirmed that despite the initial estimate of delivery by the end of June, I’m unlikely to see it in June or July, I expressed my concerns about delays. And that I’m considering cancelling the order, and said I’ve got the 4yr service coming up at the end of July on my current 2010 6R tdi (major service + cambelt), their response was to say “speak to us closer to the date and we’ll look after it.
From the conversation with the dealer they appear to know less that I do about the manufacturing delays and spec changes.
I suppose they might provide a loaner car so you can part exchange your current car, assuming that is your plan. When I bought my Up, they gave me a loaner Polo for 6 weeks until they were able to release the car. It was a showroom model, and they needed it to remain on display until they got a replacement. This whole delivery debacle is not exactly reassuring!
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

Nora wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 7:56 am Mike, the subscription theory would only work with cars bought on lease deals, those bought outright for cash would be free from those ties.

Yes you hit the nail on the head with your opening sentence. It infers that your either purchase the base car and lease the options or you can only lease cars. It also infers that in the fullness only one engine will be available which I assume will be electric. he did say to me this was an industry vison on where it thought it was going in the next 10-15 years. I think we all have seen the real possibility that in 10 - 15 years if not sooner we will have driverless cars available for the public. he also shared a vision of your local VW dealer would in fact open up in every town and have thousands of driverless cars in stock waiting to VW subscribers to order the use of a pool car for a day or week or two. You would order it on your on line account and the car (driverless of course) would drive to your home address for your leave time. once you get to your destination the car will drop you off then leave for the nearest VW yard, where it will recharge and be available for the next order. and nO we were not smoking anything special, he was not joking, we were just chatting after I completed my paper work as he was waiting for his next client. I think (im sure we all suspect) that actual car ownership will be a thing of the past and relatively soon. Its a brave new world... :shock:
Velodyne1200
New
Drives: VW Polo GTI+

Post by Velodyne1200 »

Guys, I just had a call from the sales team where I got my GTI+ last week. It was a courtesy call asking how I was enjoying the car. It was mentioned during our chat that they have another car arriving shortly - a GTI+ (Blue) that is available for anyone who wants it. If anyone fancies jumping the queue like myself - get in touch and I'll post up more info. If you do go ahead and get the car, mention I told you and I get a £100 voucher :D
Just remember - you'll have to travel to sunny Scotland :D
Cheers
broberty
New
Drives: Polo GTI

Post by broberty »

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the recent recall issued by VW over the seat belt buckle failure.
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

broberty wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 8:47 pm I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the recent recall issued by VW over the seat belt buckle failure.
It was pointed out on here by someone. I will check on Friday when I collect my polo (supposedly) that they have carried out the recall already. They should have, don't see the point in me being given a car that has a recall against it only then to recall my car later. that would be...…silly. :lol:
stevereeves
Silver Member
Drives: Atlantic Blue '21 Mk8 Golf 1.5 6sp Style

Post by stevereeves »

But at least you will have your car + I believe the rear seatbelt centre buckle recall is a quick & easy fix. Hopefully....
firecloud7
New
Drives: MK10 GTI+

Post by firecloud7 »

Velodyne1200 wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 6:03 pm Guys, I just had a call from the sales team where I got my GTI+ last week. It was a courtesy call asking how I was enjoying the car. It was mentioned during our chat that they have another car arriving shortly - a GTI+ (Blue) that is available for anyone who wants it. If anyone fancies jumping the queue like myself - get in touch and I'll post up more info. If you do go ahead and get the car, mention I told you and I get a £100 voucher :D
Cheers
Hi mate, could you please send me more info about this? Cheers!
Velodyne1200
New

Post by Velodyne1200 »

firecloud7 wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 11:41 am
Velodyne1200 wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 6:03 pm Guys, I just had a call from the sales team where I got my GTI+ last week. It was a courtesy call asking how I was enjoying the car. It was mentioned during our chat that they have another car arriving shortly - a GTI+ (Blue) that is available for anyone who wants it. If anyone fancies jumping the queue like myself - get in touch and I'll post up more info. If you do go ahead and get the car, mention I told you and I get a £100 voucher :D
Cheers
Hi, I've sent you a PM - cheers
Leif
Silver Member
Drives: SE 95 PS

Post by Leif »

Cheers
Somerset to Scotland will be a nice drive! Mind you, I'd do it were I in your position. Hope it works out.
firecloud7
New

Post by firecloud7 »

Velodyne1200 wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 1:20 pm
Cheers
Got the PM, cheers mate. Just signed up here so can't send one back.
firecloud7
New

Post by firecloud7 »

Leif wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 1:29 pm
Cheers
Somerset to Scotland will be a nice drive! Mind you, I'd do it were I in your position. Hope it works out.
Would certainly be a chance to get well acquainted with the car! Thanks a lot.
Velodyne1200
New

Post by Velodyne1200 »

firecloud7 wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 2:22 pm
Velodyne1200 wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 1:20 pm

Got the PM, cheers mate. Just signed up here so can't send one back.
No problem, let me know how you get on :D
joeknight94
New
Drives: Polo GTI+ DSG

Post by joeknight94 »

Mine has just got to UK Port, I believe this to be the first batch of RHD Polo GTI's in the country (the press launch cars are on this boat!)
I have a guy called Andrew Chapple who is going to do a full video review of the car on UK roads so I will put up a link for you guys to view and see the car in RHD guise and how it performs on UK roads!

Photos will follow as soon as it lands on site here in sunny Burton On Trent!

Cheers,

Joe