New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
jdunstone16
New
Drives: VW Polo Beats 2018

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by jdunstone16 »

I didn't order a GTI but ordered a beats and collected it today. You guys will love the new polo as its an amazing car.
Front Assist is amazing and seriously helped me today when two lorries crashed in front of me. It stopped the car and made sure I didn't rear end the crash.
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

Jackdoor wrote:My GTi + was built last week, as per build week promised on the app. However as a warning the progress was not updated until the following week. It went from build week to left the factory. An hour later I had a text reporting that the build had just started! Got on live chat and had confirmation it had left the factory this Monday morning. Hopefully it will be on a ship soon.
how much kit did you order?

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

albob wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:00 am There is an 'interesting' warning note on the VW german site configurator page regarding the GTI and WLTP

Google translation

"...….Technical specifications

Please note the following note before proceeding with the configuration:

Polo GTI 2.0 l TSI 147 kW (200 hp) 6-speed dual-clutch gearbox DSG
144.42 € / month * 2, * 3

or 23.950,00 € * 1

Additional hint

Due to the changeover to the new WLTP (Worldwide Harmonized Light-Duty Vehicles Test Procedure), the model you choose may be different in terms of technical features and equipment when delivered after the model year change. For more information visit www.volkswagen.de/wltp or ask your trading partner...…."

weirdly, this note doesn't appear on the French/UK sites
Surely VW will be in hot water if they remove standard equipment and/or make it a paid for option for orders already placed. If they don't supply the car st the spec the customer ordered at then they're in breach of contract. For orders already placed, i'd expect VW to foot the bill for compulsory additional tech to meet WLTP (such as PPF), they can raise prices to pay for it on new orders. Wouldn't be surprised to see 7 speed DSG come in to give the car a better emissions standing at motorway speeds with that tall 7th gear.
Dan34
Getting There!
Drives: GTI+

Post by Dan34 »

My order moved to in transit this morning finally! Now for the long boat ride....
rfu6g3
New
Drives: Polo GTi+ 2018 (Hopefully this year)

Post by rfu6g3 »

Just ordered my Polo GTi+ on Monday 4th June

I'm waiting on a build date I added the following extras

Special solid - Pure white
Jacara cloth - Titan black/red
Deep iron dashboard pads
18" Brescia black diamond turned alloy wheels
Winter pack
Dual zone climate control
Discover navigation + European map data

Be interesting to see what lead times I get I'm hoping this side of Christmas

Ive not seen one in my area yet not the GTi or GTi+ my local dealer has had one delivered and someone from Scotland drove to come get it. I live on the south coast. but on that note I would drive to Scotland and pick mine up :D

looking forward to seeing peoples pictures
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Dan34 wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:02 am My order moved to in transit this morning finally! Now for the long boat ride....
Mine too, now in status 5a. Got emails and texts to confirm.
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Post by barrywi »

After complaining by email about the situation to VW Iactually got a call from a foreign accented man to let me know ( as with others on here) that my car has now been built and is in transit. More than that, he is going to send me an email with a complaint reference number and his personal telephone number in case of further queries. He explained that the car was built in South Africa and that it would take until August to arrive at the dealers, which I know.
The next mission is to find out which ship it is loaded onto to track that to keep me a happy bunny.
Sympathies to those who have ordered before me that have not got this information and are still waiting for their cars but I will update here on the progress of my car and probably others who will get the last GTIs before the two month shutdown.
The VW App has updated today as well so all in sync.
I will also post any information I can glean about how my car and ones built after the shutdown may or may not be different in spec.
VW are no longer taking orders for the gti the man said.
Onwards and Northwards hopefully.
brainbow
Bronze Member
Drives: 72 Plate Facelift GTI

Post by brainbow »

barrywi wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:41 am After complaining by email about the situation to VW Iactually got a call from a foreign accented man to let me know ( as with others on here) that my car has now been built and is in transit. More than that, he is going to send me an email with a complaint reference number and his personal telephone number in case of further queries. He explained that the car was built in South Africa and that it would take until August to arrive at the dealers, which I know.
The next mission is to find out which ship it is loaded onto to track that to keep me a happy bunny.
Sympathies to those who have ordered before me that have not got this information and are still waiting for their cars but I will update here on the progress of my car and probably others who will get the last GTIs before the two month shutdown.
The VW App has updated today as well so all in sync.
I will also post any information I can glean about how my car and ones built after the shutdown may or may not be different in spec.
VW are no longer taking orders for the gti the man said.
Onwards and Northwards hopefully.
Go to the VW Website and the online chat. If it’s on a boat they will be able to tell you the details.
Cadwest
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by Cadwest »

Just done live chat and mine has been built and awaiting departure from factory to docks so thats good news.
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

Two transport ships are close. Bangkok Highway due in Port Elizabeth early on the 9 th June. The ship Carmen is in Durban having stopped briefly in Port Elizabeth and Port London. Not sure where either of these will be heading next but the tiiming is good. I cannot find any more car transports close to South Africa at the moment. I got an email from VW South Africa saying that their Vehicle Distribution Department is on " Downtime " until the 11 th June, so presumably this is the department that shifts cars about? So again that fits in with cars being loaded after next Monday but there is no knowing how many cars have been piling up on the docks in the meantime and if they can fit them all on one ship to Emden.
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

Two transport ships are close. Bangkok Highway due in Port Elizabeth early on the 9 th June. The ship Carmen is in Durban having stopped briefly in Port Elizabeth and Port London. Not sure where either of these will be heading next but the tiiming is good. I cannot find any more car transports close to South Africa at the moment. I got an email from VW South Africa saying that their Vehicle Distribution Department is on " Downtime " until the 11 th June, so presumably this is the department that shifts cars about? So again that fits in with cars being loaded after next Monday but there is no knowing how many cars have been piling up on the docks in the meantime and if they can fit them all on one ship to Emden.
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

Looks like Carmen is heading for Australia and there is another ship further away off the coast of Africa heading to Port Elizabeth apart from the one that arrives on the 9 th . That should be there in another week.
stevereeves
Silver Member
Drives: Atlantic Blue '21 Mk8 Golf 1.5 6sp Style

Post by stevereeves »

barrywi wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:09 pm Anotther thought.
Will the vehicle tax be any different between pre and post WTLM versions?
As a matter of curiosity (and a touch of madness) a years road tax on a new 1.0 Polo is £120 /£140 I believe, on my Golf 1.4 petrol it's £30 p.a. Was chatting to a mate owns a recent, but not new, Vauxhall Insignia 2.0 (or 2.2) diesel and his road tax is zip, zilch, zero, nothing. Guess that makes sense to someone, somewhere....
Leif
Silver Member
Drives: SE 95 PS

Post by Leif »

stevereeves wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:40 pm
barrywi wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:09 pm Anotther thought.
Will the vehicle tax be any different between pre and post WTLM versions?
As a matter of curiosity (and a touch of madness) a years road tax on a new 1.0 Polo is £120 /£140 I believe, on my Golf 1.4 petrol it's £30 p.a. Was chatting to a mate owns a recent, but not new, Vauxhall Insignia 2.0 (or 2.2) diesel and his road tax is zip, zilch, zero, nothing. Guess that makes sense to someone, somewhere....
Diesel was seen as greener hence preferable. Until they discovered that diesel particulates kill children and puppies.

I seem to recall under Labour sensible tax that reflected pollution levels, which the Tories changed.
Jackdoor
New
Drives: Gti

Post by Jackdoor »

johnpolo2 wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:27 am
Jackdoor wrote:My GTi + was built last week, as per build week promised on the app. However as a warning the progress was not updated until the following week. It went from build week to left the factory. An hour later I had a text reporting that the build had just started! Got on live chat and had confirmation it had left the factory this Monday morning. Hopefully it will be on a ship soon.
how much kit did you order?

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk
It was a straight GTi+ with no factory extras, reef blue