New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Nora
Bronze Member
Drives: A polo

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by Nora »

I dread to think what the residuals on the polo Gti will be within the 1st year.
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Post by barrywi »

As they are in short supply, logically residuals should be good in my opinion
loadswine
New
Drives: Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Post by loadswine »

I would also think the lack of supply would enhance residuals of the GTi, a great deal.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

barrywi wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:01 pm As they are in short supply, logically residuals should be good in my opinion
loadswine wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:02 am I would also think the lack of supply would enhance residuals of the GTi, a great deal.
Agree. The basic principle of supply and demand could be applied to the current Polo GTI situation; short supply and high demand translates to strong residual values and asking prices on the used market. This could change in the future, assuming VW will actually be building enough to fulfill customer demand, and waiting times are reduced!

Not forgetting it’s a great car, which will also help maintain strong residuals.
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

I think high residuals not only apply to the GTI fraternity, but to all 2018 Polo's at the moment.
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

When a new model comes out in the VW range, the performance variants are always low on allocation for the first year of availability.

VW's confidence in residuals is reflected in the stated GFV on which PCP payments are based. The GTI+ GFV is about 50% of RRP right now, better than that of the Golf GTI. 50% GFV equates to the caf being up on the forecourt for 65% of RRP at 3 years. That value may soften a little over time as demand is met.

I can see VW perhaps keeping Polo GTI/GTI+ as limited availability longer term for fear of cannibalising Golf GTI sales - in the + variant, the Polo is almost as generously equipped as the Golf, has 90% of the BHP/tonne, is as solidly built and is only 70% of the price. It makes the Golf GTI (230) look expensive.

Things are looking positive for the Polo GTI's residuals.
Last edited by monkeyhanger on Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alkis-cze
New
Drives: GTI

Post by Alkis-cze »

Hi, my GTI in the production. January 2019

Code: Select all

https://konfigurator.volkswagen.cz/cc-cz/cs_CZ_VW/V/detail/034/AW19TX06/2T2T/XE/PJB@9WTUQ5@EA5@9VG@PDB/@
Devvoman1
New
Drives: Now Golf V 1.6, new Polo GTI ordered

Post by Devvoman1 »

I put my order in 15.5 and the current estimate for delivery is 15.11, though no production date yet. I got shown the dealers ERP (or whataever log they had for the process) even with the different phases and their estimated dates - could even those be completely wrong, or is there actually hope to get is as planned? :D
Btw, I'm from Finland :mrgreen: - interesting to read the differences to UK specs compared to what we get over here in the North. :)
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Post by barrywi »

Welcome to the forum.
My advice. Never believe anything VW tell you!
My dealer ordered a Gti plus very early this year and still has no firm build date. It keeps moving further into the future.
Do you have a list of what the Gti or Plus( if you have that model in Finland) has in specification?
Dark_cze
Silver Member
Drives: AW GTI with MT

Post by Dark_cze »

Alkis-cze wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:03 pm Hi, my GTI in the production. January 2019

https://konfigurator.volkswagen.cz/cc-cz/cs_CZ_VW/V/detail/034/AW19TX06/2T2T/XE/PJB@9WTUQ5@EA5@9VG@PDB/@
Amazing Iam not alone here :D I ordered mine about month ago :) It is gonna be my dailycar so options were important for me :D

Hezky :D nejsem tu sam :D Ja objednaval asi mesic zpatky :) Budu to mit na denni jezdeni tak bylo docela dulezite co si vyberu navic :D

https://cc.porscheinformatik.com/cc-cz/cs_CZ_VW/V/detail/034/AW19TX06/0Q0Q/XE/PJB@9S0@PF2@7X2@WD1@9WTUQ5@5MJ@QV3@QH1@PND7REYOW@PLA@$$6@$$9@1G91S1@$$5@9VG@9ZV@6YD@PDB@WW3@KA1/@
Devvoman1 wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:19 pm I put my order in 15.5 and the current estimate for delivery is 15.11, though no production date yet. I got shown the dealers ERP (or whataever log they had for the process) even with the different phases and their estimated dates - could even those be completely wrong, or is there actually hope to get is as planned? :D
Btw, I'm from Finland :mrgreen: - interesting to read the differences to UK specs compared to what we get over here in the North. :)
Czech republic - I never saw thing like SE a SEL on polo we have Trendline, Comfortline, Highline, Beats and GTI. Also all GTI come with LED headlight and few other options :)
Last edited by Dark_cze on Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MattHGR
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI+

Post by MattHGR »

https://cc.porscheinformatik.com/cc-cz/cs_CZ_VW/V/detail/034/AW19TX06/0Q0Q/XE/PJB@9S0@PF2@7X2@WD1@9WTUQ5@5MJ@QV3@QH1@PND7REYOW@PLA@$$6@$$9@1G91S1@$$5@9VG@9ZV@6YD@PDB@WW3@KA1/@
Very nice spec. Noticed you get beats audio ??
That isn't available as option for UK GTI !
Dark_cze
Silver Member

Post by Dark_cze »

MattHGR wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:39 pm Very nice spec. Noticed you get beats audio ??
That isn't available as option for UK GTI !
That is very strange :shock: Iam looking into Uk configurator and even gti+ can't have it :shock: Our configurator missing colors (blue with black roof, white with black roof), smoking packet, mudflaps, towbar and few others
Alkis-cze
New
Drives: GTI

Post by Alkis-cze »

To: Dark_cze - I waited for the manual and I'm like a kid. I'm glad I'm here. 8)
Dark_cze
Silver Member

Post by Dark_cze »

Alkis-cze wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:06 pm To: Dark_cze - I waited for the manual and I'm like a kid. I'm glad I'm here. 8)
Me too :D that waiting is endless
alandbess
Bronze Member
Drives: Scirocco

Post by alandbess »

Has anyone had a build week confirmation for a GTI or GTI+ since the factory re-openneed?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk