New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
paulrodgers7
Getting There!
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi + White/black roof

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by paulrodgers7 »

I ordered a little later than you (start of June) but with the same result :D
The way I look at it is, if you want a great car like the GTi+ you have to put up with the delay, it’s nice and your patience can be tested but by the noises coming from the people that have been lucky enough to receive their bundles of joy it’s sooooooooo going to be worth the wait.

The thrill of the chase can be just as exciting :wink:
Troyj369
New
Drives: Polo gti

Post by Troyj369 »

Hopefully these notification means we actually might get a confirmed build week in next couple of weeks, I’m getting so close to just cancelling my order now but knowing I’m 7 months in I can surely wait little longer :(
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

There's waiting and there's waiting. I'm not going to wait what could end up being almost 18 months for me. I've said to the dealer today that I'm prepared to wait for most of this year but I will reconsider my order if it's going to be next year before it's even built.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

Post by roywolfey »

johnpolo2 wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:07 pm There's waiting and there's waiting. I'm not going to wait what could end up being almost 18 months for me. I've said to the dealer today that I'm prepared to wait for most of this year but I will reconsider my order if it's going to be next year before it's even built.

It's unbelievable how long you have had to wait. My February 2018 order delivered Mid July, so just over 5 Months wait. Has anyone ever been able to give you an explanation of why you have had to wait so long compared to others who have got their cars?
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

No. Have always wondered if the pano roof and 18 inch brescias have delayed it.

allye
Getting There!
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Post by allye »

I to have ordered the pana roof and 18" wheels and have heard nothing from January when ordered. My dealer has just contacted me saying VW are offering a curtesy car if I want one.
I have said yes and got the dealer to buy my Polo GT now. It was on PCP but bought the car as the cost to buy was much cheaper than the dealers offer to me now. So I am going to make sure I get something
out of this wait!.
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

No idea how you guys have managed to wait so long. Ordered at the end of July and don't think I'd wait a whole year.

I've only ordered the standard GTI (no customisation) so I'm a little hopeful it might not take as long... seems doubtful though.
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

allye wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:27 pm I to have ordered the pana roof and 18" wheels and have heard nothing from January when ordered. My dealer has just contacted me saying VW are offering a curtesy car if I want one.
I have said yes and got the dealer to buy my Polo GT now. It was on PCP but bought the car as the cost to buy was much cheaper than the dealers offer to me now. So I am going to make sure I get something
out of this wait!.
If it's either of those, it'll be the Pano roof, plenty of GTI/GTI+ have come through pre WLTP deadline with Brescias. On the MK7 Golf GTI/GTD, you couldn't option 19" wheels with the Pano roof. Not sure if thath got resolved post facelift, or whether it is still the case. Perhaps there is a similar situation with 18" Brescia/Pano combo on the Polo? Doubtful, as order was accepted, but possible.
Nora
Bronze Member
Drives: A polo

Post by Nora »

If anyone with a new Gti has the 18 inch brescias, could they do me a favour and measure the diameter of the wheel inc tyre.
As I want to look at how they compare in Diameter with my current wheels and tyres on the 6R, and as I have a full set of winter tyres on steel rims for the 6R, I’m looking as a temporary measure and using those while I detail, prep and seal the new brescias rims with a ceramic coating in the initial weeks of ownership
RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Nora wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:27 pm If anyone with a new Gti has the 18 inch brescias, could they do me a favour and measure the diameter of the wheel inc tyre.
As I want to look at how they compare in Diameter with my current wheels and tyres on the 6R, and as I have a full set of winter tyres on steel rims for the 6R, I’m looking as a temporary measure and using those while I detail, prep and seal the new brescias rims with a ceramic coating in the initial weeks of ownership
To make life easier for everybody, why don't you go on to a wheels/tyres comparision website and input your old 6R Polo winter wheels/tyre sizes and note the circumferance, do the thing for your new car with its wheels and tyre sizes and see what the difference is.

Edit:- as in another posting, remember that the offset might cause issues to your new car.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Nora wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:27 pm If anyone with a new Gti has the 18 inch brescias, could they do me a favour and measure the diameter of the wheel inc tyre.
625mm, tread to tread on the shoulders, there'll be a few extra mm at the centre due to the shoulder taper at the edge I measured. The Wheel is 215/40 R18, so you can work out the diameter pretty easily:-

215/40 is tread width and ratio of width to sidewall height. 40% of 215 = 86mm (the tyre sidewall height), 18" wheel has the diameter of 457.2mm. Calculated Diameter is (2x86mm) + 457.2 = 629.2mm

If you're going 215/45 R17, diameter should be 625.3mm

If you go 195/50/R16 (a common VW Winter wheel size) then you end up with 601.4mm diameter, effectively 4% less rolling circumference. From my measurements on caliper clearance for the GTI/GTI+, you should be looking for at least an offest of ET40 for caliper clearance. I have been looking for a bargain on the 16" Merano wheels, but everywhere is selling them full bat or close to it.
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

Winter tyres,

As new My SEL has 195 55 16s 91v

when I put my reg into the black circles it says my winter tyre is 87 H this seems odd as I think that is a lower speed and weight rating.

Any winter tyres recommended ?

Edit I take it I can have the summer tyres taken off winter put on and I reuse the summers in the spring etc? anyone know how much it costs to have tyres swapped over?
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

mike sel wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:43 pm Winter tyres,

As new My SEL has 195 55 16s 91v

when I put my reg into the black circles it says my winter tyre is 87 H this seems odd as I think that is a lower speed and weight rating.

Any winter tyres recommended ?

Edit I take it I can have the summer tyres taken off winter put on and I reuse the summers in the spring etc? anyone know how much it costs to have tyres swapped over?
I'd go Michelin Alpin if buying tyres for existing wheels rather than buying a set of winters that come with tyres.

You'll be talking about a tenner a corner for tyre removal, rsfit, valve and balance.- that's £80 a year. You'd be far better buying a set of wheels.
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

Find out what other VW models have the same size and off set wheels as the New Polo. Then go to a breakers yard and see if they have the correct wheels, they don't have to be alloys, steel rims for your winter tyres won't cost too much, also will stop a lot of corrosion to your alloys due to salt on the roads. When the weather changes, you can replace them with your alloys and put the steel rims in the back of your garage.
When I was over in Germany, if you don't change over to winter tyres in a certain month, your not insured.
Nora
Bronze Member
Drives: A polo

Post by Nora »

Winter tyres are better on steel rims, if you slide and hit a kerb with alloys fitted you’ll likely trash the expensive rim.
iirc paid around £35 each for the steel rims for the winter tyres on the 6R and they’re fitted with winter conti’s, though in the UK fitting winter tyres is a bit OTT unless you live in the sticks and experience road closures due to snow.
However a lot of my winter commuting is between 3am - 6am so the risk of black ice, loss of traction etc is higher
Atm I’m only intending to use the spare winter tyres on the new car while I prep the bresicas and seal them, I doubt I’ll actually be moving the car far in the 1st couple of days of ownership while I detail it then refit the alloys

The ADAC (adac.de) the German equivalent of AA do frequent winter tyre tests. Likewise http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk