New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by RUM4MO »

Since I started buying VW Group cars back in 1999, I've always considered that VW were being a bit "lazy" with the choice of colours being made available at most levels, I ended up with, rather than chose Silver for my factory order VW Passat 4Motion, my only other options that I sort of liked were the almost yellow metallic or the similar orange, but I was not brave enough to be different! In 2002 when picking a colour for wife's Polo it came down to silver again as the choice then for Polo SE was dire! My Audi S4 was bought used and it was one of the colours that I liked, though in real life, a bit too dark as it is Pearl Deep Sea Blue, very pleasant to view in sunny weather - almost black for the rest of the time. In 2015 when ordering my wife's Polo SEL again the choice was not to her tastes, I would have picked the Silk Blue but that did not suit her, so once again the least objectionable was silver!

Keeping my S4 clean and looking good is a complete pain in the neck, I must try to remember to buy a lighter colour next time, maybe even silver?
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

I have handed over my deposit for PoloGTI+ number 2 (Pure White, Brescias, deep Iron dash pads) today, to replace the Golf R.

Being quoted 25-30 weeks and when the saleswoman tried to place the order with VWUK, apparently she can't until the end of this month as GTI orders are suspended. Wonder whether that's when they'll have WLTP compliance or perhaps the introduction of the manual box on the GTI?
Nora
Bronze Member
Drives: A polo

Post by Nora »

I have spec’ed mine with, stock interior, with (the non red), grey iron interior trim, winter pack (or lack of it), the larger alloys, rear camera, blind spot detection, park assist, & pre-crash prevention.
Last edited by Nora on Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/indu ... model-2020

Comments section is interesting re WLTP. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

http://www.businesscar.co.uk/tests/2018 ... lo-gti-dsg

Was surprised at this damning review of the ride. Is it that bad?

Robint
Bronze Member
Drives: 2018 polo GTI

Post by Robint »

I don’t find the ride anything like they say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

They've gone out of their way to dislike the car, and the author has clearly never driven a MK7 Golf GTI. If they had, they'd appreciate that the differences are tiny. Most reviwers criticise it for being too similar to the Golf and too.much of a good all rounder than a focussed uncomfortable but quick boy racer wagon like its peers.

It has exactly the same steering feel as it uses the exact same system. Suspension feel in normal mode is around the same as a Golf GTI for firmness , but not as compliant as the R (the R is firmer than the Golf GTI yet more forgiving over the bumps).

Who criticises a hot hatch for having sharp throttle and brake responses? The author is clearly an idiot. It has sharper handling than my R, and so does the Golf GTI. The R feels more like a fast tank with its extra weight and 4WD system.

I'm sure the author would rather be reviewing super comfy motorway plodding rep-mobiles than hot hatches.

The Polo GTI is very much a "mini-me" and there's nowt between it and the Golf apart from better door cards and a few more horses.
M95DS
New
Drives: N/A

Post by M95DS »

Just spoke with the VW Live Chat.

They have now confirmed the first / earliest Retail delivery for the Polo GTI+ is going to be Week 1 of 2019.
I then asked them about order allocation and was told it will be based on availability and order date - which means some options might be pushed back depending on parts available, so maybe the roof option if it has a history of pushing orders back, etc.
Production is also set to resume next week, which goes in line with what someone else has posted before.
GDub
New
Drives: Polo GTI+ (on order)

Post by GDub »

Wow, that Business Car article! After stalking the forums for a while, I actually had to signup just to rant about their ineptitude :lol:
I am certainly no VW fanboy, having driven all brands of cars (mainly Japanese in fact, and this Polo will be my 1st VW coming from a SEAT), but that really was a negative article for the sake of being negative.
I mean "expensive in comparison to a Fiesta ST"??? Since when is a few £100 difference expensive? And being as the GTI & GTI+ come with a DSG as standard (I know not available on the Fiesta, but would be ~£1000 extra if it were) surely that offsets the slightly lower ST price when comparing.

Plus, all lease deals I have looked at, over many different sites, the ST (be it ST-1, ST-2 or ST-3) is not available for cheaper monthlies than the Polo GTI+ (with same lease criteria)! So no research went in to the claim made in the article.

Don't write about cars, and potentially put people off a great motor, if you know dick about them......*mic drop*
allye
Getting There!
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Post by allye »

Hope there's not a delay with options (sunroof). They've had my order for 10 months. Surely enough time to get the "bits" together.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

GDub- also if you're going to criticise the ride over road imperfections, pick the standard wheels rather than the Brescias (clearly shown in the article picture), or make it clear that you're on optional bigger wheels.
jylydesign
Getting There!
Drives: GTI+ on order

Post by jylydesign »

johnpolo2 wrote:http://www.businesscar.co.uk/tests/2018 ... lo-gti-dsg

Was surprised at this damning review of the ride. Is it that bad?

Same, I think the is very reasonable for a small hot hatch. As for motorway driving whilst not quite as refined as a golf it is still a lot better than a fiesta. Clearly the writer hasn't a clue.
RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Thing to remember, these journos don't buy and run new cars - so if you don't hand them a bag of sweets they will make you pay for it?
johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

M95DS wrote:Just spoke with the VW Live Chat.

They have now confirmed the first / earliest Retail delivery for the Polo GTI+ is going to be Week 1 of 2019.
I then asked them about order allocation and was told it will be based on availability and order date - which means some options might be pushed back depending on parts available, so maybe the roof option if it has a history of pushing orders back, etc.
Production is also set to resume next week, which goes in line with what someone else has posted before.
Interesting.
I didn't get much out of VW chat the other day apart from talk to your retailer. Think that they were having a bad day.
Sunroof wasn't a delaying factor last time I found. Though now it has to contend with the WLTP debacle so possibly an issue, however pano roof models are out there.
Those of us who have been waiting 10 months have we all ordered the sunroof? Anyone able to produce an algorithm that may explain all of this.?!
I have felt a little schizo over this, should I hang on or not. VW loves me, it loves me not.
Oh heck I like my little GTIs......to be continued.

S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

There's a couple of second hand Polo GTIs for sale on https://www.motors.co.uk/used-cars/volk ... year/2018/

Very tempting to just buy one instead of waiting! :lol: