New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by SRGTD »

S_94 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:54 pm There's a couple of second hand Polo GTIs for sale on https://www.motors.co.uk/used-cars/volk ... year/2018/

Very tempting to just buy one instead of waiting! :lol:
There’s a few more in the used cars section on VW’s website. The ones with photos on motors.co.uk are the non-plus GTI (no red stipe through the (halogen) headlights and no AID digi-instrumentation), although there are a couple of GTI+ on the VW website.
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

SRGTD wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:25 pm
S_94 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:54 pm There's a couple of second hand Polo GTIs for sale on https://www.motors.co.uk/used-cars/volk ... year/2018/

Very tempting to just buy one instead of waiting! :lol:
There’s a few more in the used cars section on VW’s website. The ones with photos on motors.co.uk are the non-plus GTI (no red stipe through the (halogen) headlights and no AID digi-instrumentation), although there are a couple of GTI+ on the VW website.
But if you need to finance, you'll get screwed on the interest vs buying new - better to get a bank loan in that circumstance. I do wonder whether the GPF for MY2019 cars will be a PITA like early DPFs were.
M95DS
New
Drives: N/A

Post by M95DS »

johnpolo2 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:43 pmInteresting.
I didn't get much out of VW chat the other day apart from talk to your retailer. Think that they were having a bad day.
Sunroof wasn't a delaying factor last time I found. Though now it has to contend with the WLTP debacle so possibly an issue, however pano roof models are out there.
Those of us who have been waiting 10 months have we all ordered the sunroof? Anyone able to produce an algorithm that may explain all of this.?!
I have felt a little schizo over this, should I hang on or not. VW loves me, it loves me not.
Oh heck I like my little GTIs......to be continued.
The sunroof was an example. I read old posts in this thread before and some said certain options add extra waiting time to the order.
I am a bit surprised myself they can finally commit to a date, too. Must have been very recent that they can disclose this information. Hopefully I get mine in early January too, as it will be 9 months by then and I am actually sick of all this waiting and uncertainty. I know people have waited longer than myself, but they should be among the first ones too.
Nora
Bronze Member
Drives: A polo

Post by Nora »

monkeyhanger wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:12 pm I do wonder whether the GPF for MY2019 cars will be a PITA like early DPFs were.
Let’s hope they don’t fit a GPF, if it’s anything like the DPF in my 1.6l diesel the DPF is in the same front section of the exhaust as the CAT and the Flex pipe, a replacement front exhaust section is £1440!! and isn’t available as a pattern part
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Nora wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:45 pm
monkeyhanger wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:12 pm I do wonder whether the GPF for MY2019 cars will be a PITA like early DPFs were.
Let’s hope they don’t fit a GPF, if it’s anything like the DPF in my 1.6l diesel the DPF is in the same front section of the exhaust as the CAT and the Flex pipe, a replacement front exhaust section is £1440!! and isn’t available as a pattern part
GPF’s are coming. In this early YouTube video on the Autogefühl channel on the new Polo from last year (link below), the presenter is interviewing the VW product manager for the Polo (from 24 min 40 sec). The product manager specifically mentions the fitment of particulate filters to petrol TSI engined Polos ‘from the middle of next year (2018)’ at 26 min 32 sec in the video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MPkHiec0cZQ
TElwoody
Bronze Member
Drives: VW Polo 2018

Post by TElwoody »

Model Year 2019 Polo's have a GPF
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

I'm passed caring. Just start sending out those build dates.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Dark_cze
Silver Member
Drives: AW GTI with MT

Post by Dark_cze »

every polo with direct injection have GPF but GTi use dual injection (direct + port) so we will see
l3rady
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+ 2019

Post by l3rady »

While I can see why GPFs are put on a car, for what reasons would a car owner not want one?
RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Dark_cze wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:15 pm every polo with direct injection have GPF but GTi use dual injection (direct + port) so we will see
I was kind of hoping that all direct injection petrol engines that have been revised recently had had inlet tract injection added on to avoid coking up in the inlet valves area, and that should include the 1.0TSI and 1.5TSI engines, as well as the GTI engine. GPF as well.
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

RUM4MO wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:01 pm
Dark_cze wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:15 pm every polo with direct injection have GPF but GTi use dual injection (direct + port) so we will see
I was kind of hoping that all direct injection petrol engines that have been revised recently had had inlet tract injection added on to avoid coking up in the inlet valves area, and that should include the 1.0TSI and 1.5TSI engines, as well as the GTI engine. GPF as well.
I'd expect a GPF for all. My Golf R has dual injection and has a sooty set of exhaust pipes that a GPF would clean up if employed, dual injection isn't clean, it just prevents coking up that direct injection alone will cause.

Assuming that the innards of the GPF will be finer or more complex seeing as the average petrol derived soot particle is smaller than that from a diesel engine. Could GPF spell the end of the no worries short journeys for petrol cars? Hopefully the wasteful way in which petrol burns (chucking more heat out of the exhaust than converting it to useable kinetic energy) shouuld help the GPF heat up quicker. That being said, my Golf R warms up about 2 miles sooner than my Polo GTI, when driven the same way.
Nora
Bronze Member
Drives: A polo

Post by Nora »

l3rady wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:36 pm While I can see why GPFs are put on a car, for what reasons would a car owner not want one?
If they function in the same way as the DPF they need to be run up to temperature for them to function correctly to burn off the soot residue that accumulates in the exhaust, so if someone only drives frequent short trips from cold it’s doubtful it will get hot enough to function correctly and could shorten the life of the DPF/GPF, however in these circumstances the ECU detects a high enough soot level it will trigger a regeneration cycle. These regeneration cycles of a DPF also tend to wreck the fuel economy
TElwoody
Bronze Member
Drives: VW Polo 2018

Post by TElwoody »

Nora wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:54 pm
l3rady wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:36 pm While I can see why GPFs are put on a car, for what reasons would a car owner not want one?
If they function in the same way as the DPF they need to be run up to temperature for them to function correctly to burn off the soot residue that accumulates in the exhaust, so if someone only drives frequent short trips from cold it’s doubtful it will get hot enough to function correctly and could shorten the life of the DPF/GPF, however in these circumstances the ECU detects a high enough soot level it will trigger a regeneration cycle. These regeneration cycles of a DPF also tend to wreck the fuel economy
The 3 pot engines heat up alot faster than the diesels so heat the GPF up faster, this allows short journeys to be possible without clogging up. Not to mention petrols give off less particles than the diesles too
allye
Getting There!
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Post by allye »

Got Live Chat to confirm this morning that the GTI+ engines were in production this week. Asked if I might see a build date soon and they replied "Fingers Crossed".
Cant say this boosts my expectations at all.
PoloGIT+
Getting There!
Drives: 2019 Polo GTI+

Post by PoloGIT+ »

As an update, ordered a GTI+ end of January, still no buildate or even indication of when I might receive my car, queried compensation for the wait with my dealer - VWUK have offered a day-rate of compensation from now until when the car is delivered to the dealership, so that’s something at least. Doubt it’ll be cash back, more likely knocked off the price.