New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
allye
Getting There!
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by allye »

Don't think its the sunroof as my build date is 4/03/19 (ordered Jan 2018)

My spec is
GTI +
Winter pack
Panoramic sunroof
Sat nav
Flash Red
Wireless charging (no longer available)
Brescia wheels
Titan Black Upholstery.
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

You've ordered a GTI+ and they don't have a sat nav as standard????? Bloody hell they are cutting back on things, even my SEL has sat nav, and it's got a full sized spare wheel, not a skinny.
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Johnpolo2:

Do you have a build week now, either estimated or confirmed?
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

allye wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:28 am Don't think its the sunroof as my build date is 4/03/19 (ordered Jan 2018)

My spec is
GTI +
Winter pack
Panoramic sunroof
Sat nav
Flash Red
Wireless charging (no longer available)
Brescia wheels
Titan Black Upholstery.
Well it's not NAV (Is there a hardware change in head unit for NAV, or are you just buying a £650 SD card to access it? I have NAV but haven't seen a non-NAV to notice any differences); titan upholstery is standard; Brescias seem easy to come by; no special paint; wireless charging a moot point (hope you get a refund on that option you won't get); winter pack is easy to come by.

I'd say it is likely to be your sunroof or the dealership taking orders beyond their allocation quota. As your car is allocated at the start of all theses GTIs allocated for a March build, perhaps it comes at the end of a campaign of non-GTI sunroof Polos? Then switch back to non-sunroof GTIs then non sunroof non GTIs at end of March? We'll never know.

From discussions here on build dates, it seems like we have 3 weeks of building GTIs in March.
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

monkeyhanger wrote:Johnpolo2:

I have a estimated build week 16.
My app has updated to 'with the factory ' 3 times. Has felt like they have reset my order on these occasions.

Listers group order.

My current model 2015 has the sunroof . No delays then but it was built in Spain that time and not the cursed SA.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

johnpolo2 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:49 pm

My app has updated to 'with the factory ' 3 times. Has felt like they have reset my order on these occasions.

Listers group order.

My current model 2015 has the sunroof . No delays then but it was built in Spain that time and not the cursed SA.

Mine is Listers too (Listers Nuneation, handled by a fleet salesperson).

BW16 is W/C 16th April. Throws my theory above out for scheduling - I'd hope yours was getting built same week as alley (also GTI+ with sunroof, scheduled for BW10).
johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

monkeyhanger wrote:
johnpolo2 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:49 pm

Listers group order.

Mine is Listers too (Listers Nuneation, handled by a fleet salesperson).

BW16 is W/C 16th April. Throws my theory above out for scheduling - I'd hope yours was getting built same week as alley (also GTI+ with sunroof, scheduled for BW10).
Have dealt with Listers Leamington Spa on previous occasions. However this time I went to Evesham as I had heard good things about the dealership. Apparently it hasn't even had a demo model yet.

jsybrian
New
Drives: None

Post by jsybrian »

Hi everybody been reading forum for a while awaiting confirmed build date. Managed to hijack a dealer order from February. Had confirmed build week 7 week starting 11th Feb.
Mine has sunroof so I assume this is not causing the delay others are experiencing
johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

As I say it looked odd having the VW app update 3 times to exactly the same position. Not had that before.
I sometimes feel that there has been an order cock up somewhere along the line.
The dealerships seem clueless as to how VW production works or are they??

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

johnpolo2 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:39 pm Have dealt with Listers Leamington Spa on previous occasions. However this time I went to Evesham as I had heard good things about the dealership. Apparently it hasn't even had a demo model yet.

Is yours a retail order? My first GTI+ was ordered through drive the deal, with them putting me in touch with the fleet arm of Listers Nuneaton. After taking my details for preferred spec to place the order, they offered me the opportunity to jump on one of 3 GTI+ or a standard GTI that had no customer attached to them instead of waiting on a new order. There were a few options I didn't need nor would have ordered myself (NAV and rear camera) but was willing to pay for to avoid adding 6 months or more to my wait.

Second one ordered, I went direct to the same contact rather than going through the broker.

The fleet arm of any dealership seem to have a separate allocation quota. Whenever you see cheap lease deals for VWs, they're getting supplied by the fleet arm of the dealership group. Fleet supplied cars seem to have a higher priority with quicker order fulfilment times too.
johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

monkeyhanger wrote:
johnpolo2 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:39 pm Have dealt with Listers Leamington Spa on previous occasions. However this time I went to Evesham as I had heard good things about the dealership. Apparently it hasn't even had a demo model yet.

Is yours a retail order? My first GTI+ was ordered through drive the deal, with them putting me in touch with the fleet arm of Listers Nuneaton. After taking my details for preferred spec to place the order, they offered me the opportunity to jump on one of 3 GTI+ or a standard GTI that had no customer attached to them instead of waiting on a new order. There were a few options I didn't need nor would have ordered myself (NAV and rear camera) but was willing to pay for to avoid adding 6 months or more to my wait.

Second one ordered, I went direct to the same contact rather than going through the broker.

The fleet arm of any dealership seem to have a separate allocation quota. Whenever you see cheap lease deals for VWs, they're getting supplied by the fleet arm of the dealership group. Fleet supplied cars seem to have a higher priority with quicker order fulfilment times too.
I looked at the discounts being offered at carwow and drive the deal but then headed to dealership to negotiate myself. Little old retail sale is way down the pecking order this time, however it has never been a problem before.

Troyj369
New
Drives: Polo gti

Post by Troyj369 »

My Polo GTI arrived in the uk today, does anyone know how long it takes till handover now, I was told should be ready next week but they have lied so many times already don’t know what to believe
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Troyj369 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:32 am My Polo GTI arrived in the uk today, does anyone know how long it takes till handover now, I was told should be ready next week but they have lied so many times already don’t know what to believe
Next week is definitely doable if VW are hurrying these out of the docks and to the dealer's.
roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

Post by roywolfey »

Troyj369 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:32 am My Polo GTI arrived in the uk today, does anyone know how long it takes till handover now, I was told should be ready next week but they have lied so many times already don’t know what to believe
Mine was:
Arrived Sheerness 01/07/2018
Arrived Dealership 10/07/2018
Delivery 13/07/2018
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

roywolfey wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:20 pm
Mine was:
Arrived Sheerness 01/07/2018
Arrived Dealership 10/07/2018
Delivery 13/07/2018
I think Barry got his less than a week after it landed at port. Mine took 9 days from port landing to in my hand, and if it hadn't required me booking a delivery slot for having it delivered by trailer from Nuneaton to Tyneside, i'd have had it 4 days quicker.

Sometimes cars sit at port for up to a few weeks. In the current climate where dealerships have seen a WLTP famine in car sales, i'd expect VW to not make them wait any longer than is necessary to get them to the customer and get paid.