New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Troyj369
New
Drives: Polo gti

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by Troyj369 »

So as I said last week my car had arrived in uk meant to be picking it up tomorrow (Thursday) get call this morning apparently they can’t register the car yet coz it’s still not passed wltp testing so it’s going to be sat at the dealership for next 3 weeks at least what a joke
Troyj369
New

Post by Troyj369 »

So as I said last week my car had arrived in uk meant to be picking it up tomorrow (Thursday) get call this morning apparently they can’t register the car yet coz it’s still not passed wltp testing so it’s going to be sat at the dealership for next 3 weeks at least what a joke
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Troyj369 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:09 am So as I said last week my car had arrived in uk meant to be picking it up tomorrow (Thursday) get call this morning apparently they can’t register the car yet coz it’s still not passed wltp testing so it’s going to be sat at the dealership for next 3 weeks at least what a joke
Pretty certain I’ve read on the forum that the Polo GTI / GTI+ has been WLTP type approved. The thing that’s probably holding up the delivery of your car is getting the MVRIS code so that it can be registered with the DVLA.

The same or similar situation happened with the Golf GTI Performance model. Once WLTP type approval had been gained, VW then needed to apply for an MVRIS (Motor Vehicle Registration Information System) code for the model before vehicles can be registered with the DVLA. From discussions over on golfgtiforum.co.uk forum, apparently it can take up to 3 weeks for the MVRIS code to come through - hence the 3 weeks timescale you’ve been quoted by your dealer. The body which issues the MVRIS codes is separate from the DVLA, so it’s not the most efficient process.
Troyj369
New

Post by Troyj369 »

SRGTD wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:31 am
Troyj369 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:09 am So as I said last week my car had arrived in uk meant to be picking it up tomorrow (Thursday) get call this morning apparently they can’t register the car yet coz it’s still not passed wltp testing so it’s going to be sat at the dealership for next 3 weeks at least what a joke
Pretty certain I’ve read on the forum that the Polo GTI / GTI+ has been WLTP type approved. The thing that’s probably holding up the delivery of your car is getting the MVRIS code so that it can be registered with the DVLA.

The same or similar situation happened with the Golf GTI Performance model. Once WLTP type approval had been gained, VW then needed to apply for an MVRIS (Motor Vehicle Registration Information System) code for the model before vehicles can be registered with the DVLA. From discussions over on golfgtiforum.co.uk forum, apparently it can take up to 3 weeks for the MVRIS code to come through - hence the 3 weeks timescale you’ve been quoted by your dealer. The body which issues the MVRIS codes is separate from the DVLA, so it’s not the most efficient process.

Thanks for the information mate makes more sense now
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

No notifications from VW regarding confirmed build week, it out of curiosity I go on the tracker anyway and it has moved to stage 3 - week commencing 25 March 2019 (BW13). So in a week the estimated BW has shifted a week, but is now confirmed.
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

VW UK have got back to me with preliminary info on my order.

Apparently brescias have had a supplier issue. I did say that others who ordered these wheels months after me have build dates already, so don't totally buy that.
They are still looking into it and are referring this further up the chain and will get back to me near the end of the week.
They also spoke to my dealership who stated that they could not make any sense regarding the allocation of builds.
VW UK have said that my next car service is free of charge because of the delay and will confirm this by post.
They also asked if I had transport at the moment to which I replied yes, quite content in my current model, though a depreciating asset. A car could have been supplied possibly.
It is still looking like an April build with a June delivery I was told. An 18 month wait.

With regard to the factory in South Africa I think maybe it isn't possible to apply logic to their system when chaos is king.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

Watch "Drag Race and Road Test - VW Polo GTI - Toyota Yaris GRMN - Ford Fiesta ST" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/e6hRDcbpW1I

Dark_cze
Silver Member
Drives: AW GTI with MT

Post by Dark_cze »

johnpolo2 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:32 pm VW UK have got back to me with preliminary info on my order.

Apparently brescias have had a supplier issue. I did say that others who ordered these wheels months after me have build dates already, so don't totally buy that.
They are still looking into it and are referring this further up the chain and will get back to me near the end of the week.
They also spoke to my dealership who stated that they could not make any sense regarding the allocation of builds.
VW UK have said that my next car service is free of charge because of the delay and will confirm this by post.
They also asked if I had transport at the moment to which I replied yes, quite content in my current model, though a depreciating asset. A car could have been supplied possibly.
It is still looking like an April build with a June delivery I was told. An 18 month wait.

With regard to the factory in South Africa I think maybe it isn't possible to apply logic to their system when chaos is king.

Shortage of brescias? That smell fishy as hell.
johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

My thoughts exactly.

If I look at my tracker app, it looks like my order has been reset a couple of times, judging by the messages sent.
Ordered in January 2018, moves to with the factory in February. Then moves to with the factory again on September 21st and alerted again with the same message 4th November. On the 1st November last year I get a new tracker app validation code. I didn't request it.

I think they simply cocked up a series of orders. Never will be admitted I'm sure.

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

johnpolo2 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:16 pm My thoughts exactly.

If I look at my tracker app, it looks like my order has been reset a couple of times, judging by the messages sent.
Ordered in January 2018, moves to with the factory in February. Then moves to with the factory again on September 21st and alerted again with the same message 4th November. On the 1st November last year I get a new tracker app validation code. I didn't request it.

I think they simply cocked up a series of orders. Never will be admitted I'm sure.

That is definitely s**t. People have been getting Brescias easily enough pre-WLTP and now they're getting them easily enough after WLTP. An educated guess would be that at some point, your order has been accidentally cancelled and then reinstated, but in reinstatement it has become anew order and gone to the back of the queue.
pressplay
New
Drives: vw polo gti

Post by pressplay »

So mine finally arrived with the mentioned shipment, which arrived 16.01 at Germany.

For all the waiting time i get 4 winter tires Pirelli, which equals the contract penalty, but never pays for all that c@#p for waiting 11 months since signing the contract and prepaying 20 %. I think I have lost my will to have the car...

At the moment I have not taken the car out of vw parking because, guess what - the truck with the Tires is late x) Will not risk getting the car out without winter tires.

So here are some pics.

Still no registration.

P.S. After all that wait, having in mind that this is my first car, I can not still begin to enjoy it, which is a strange feeling ...
Attachments
polo 1.jpg
polo 2.jpg
polo 3.jpg
johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

Looking good. You'll feel better once you get behind the wheel and start driving.

John501
New
Drives: Golf 1:4 tsi Polo gti + sometime

Post by John501 »

Just an update, I had a notification back in November of a build week of 21st January. Received a text this morning stating the car is now in transit.
Car was ordered in May 2018 - Reef Blue with Brescias and a few other options. Fingers crossed the wait is coming to an end.
Dark_cze
Silver Member
Drives: AW GTI with MT

Post by Dark_cze »

pressplay wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:57 pm So mine finally arrived with the mentioned shipment, which arrived 16.01 at Germany.

For all the waiting time i get 4 winter tires Pirelli, which equals the contract penalty, but never pays for all that c@#p for waiting 11 months since signing the contract and prepaying 20 %. I think I have lost my will to have the car...

At the moment I have not taken the car out of vw parking because, guess what - the truck with the Tires is late x) Will not risk getting the car out without winter tires.

So here are some pics.

Still no registration.

P.S. After all that wait, having in mind that this is my first car, I can not still begin to enjoy it, which is a strange feeling ...
Amazing color ... wow
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Best colour on a GTI+...but then again, I am biased. Glad the wife's getting the new white one and I get to keep the red one.