New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
peeceeuk
Bronze Member
Drives: Snazzy red GTi

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by peeceeuk »

Mine was build week 11 and the notification arrived on the Friday of said week.
gnome
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI Plus

Post by gnome »

monkeyhanger wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:39 pm My 2nd GTI+ is due to be built next week (BW13), but plenty here seem to be getting their cars built a week or 2 early - hoping mine us building now and getting on a ship next week.
My GTI+ is scheduled for a build next week too, have been hoping the same!
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

Mine is the first week of April. Time will tell. [emoji57]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

gonk1959
Bronze Member
Drives: 2016 Gti polo

Post by gonk1959 »

Hi Monkeyhanger
Mine was built wk 11.From the Mon of that week until early hrs Fri morn, the tracker still said "build week confirmed" then it updated about 6am and went from 3 to 5, "left factory and in transit" :)
Griff74
Silver Member
Drives: 2019 Polo GTi+ in Reef blue

Post by Griff74 »

gonk1959 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:22 am Hi Monkeyhanger
Mine was built wk 11.From the Mon of that week until early hrs Fri morn, the tracker still said "build week confirmed" then it updated about 6am and went from 3 to 5, "left factory and in transit" :)
I shall try my best to avoid looking at the tracker until Friday then, well I'll try anyway! :D
Nora
Bronze Member
Drives: A polo

Post by Nora »

The Glovis Spring is probably heading to Benin for fuel bunkering and is due there Friday afternoon
EmmaBx
New
Drives: GTI

Post by EmmaBx »

So last week my dealer called me to tell me my order had been moved forward and was due in the UK by the end of March. Told me it was status 38 (so at Emden). Today I ask if there is an update and he tells me ‘it’s still at status 30’. Turns out he’d mixed my order up with one I was going to swap to back in January and that mine is actually still ok South Africa!
He was so unapologetic and I almost felt like he was blaming me for the mix up because I’d changed my mind about taking the other order. He didn’t even tell me, it’s only because I emailed today and asked about the status.

Honestly I wish I could tell them to shove it and not give them a penny but I really want this car and after 13 months of waiting I don’t want it to be all for nothing :( :cry:
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

EmmaBx wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:31 am So last week my dealer called me to tell me my order had been moved forward and was due in the UK by the end of March. Told me it was status 38 (so at Emden). Today I ask if there is an update and he tells me ‘it’s still at status 30’. Turns out he’d mixed my order up with one I was going to swap to back in January and that mine is actually still ok South Africa!
He was so unapologetic and I almost felt like he was blaming me for the mix up because I’d changed my mind about taking the other order. He didn’t even tell me, it’s only because I emailed today and asked about the status.

Honestly I wish I could tell them to shove it and not give them a penny but I really want this car and after 13 months of waiting I don’t want it to be all for nothing :( :cry:
Is there any chance it could be on the Glovis Spring? If so that's on the way to Emden.
EmmaBx
New
Drives: GTI

Post by EmmaBx »

S_94 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:40 pm
EmmaBx wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:31 am So last week my dealer called me to tell me my order had been moved forward and was due in the UK by the end of March. Told me it was status 38 (so at Emden). Today I ask if there is an update and he tells me ‘it’s still at status 30’. Turns out he’d mixed my order up with one I was going to swap to back in January and that mine is actually still ok South Africa!

Is there any chance it could be on the Glovis Spring? If so that's on the way to Emden.
I was hoping this but he said it’s status 30 which means it’s left the factory, he said he thinks it’s not left South Africa. Has anyone who had a build week of 11/03 got confirmation that their order is on this Glovis Spring?
c4s2rs6
New
Drives: Ordered GTI+

Post by c4s2rs6 »

My dealer phoned to say the car was Emden today on the Glovis Cardinal. I thought car would be on Glovis Sping based on VW tracker which seems to be behind. Ordered in January 2018. He said should be with me early April

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

c4s2rs6 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:33 pm My dealer phoned to say the car was Emden today on the Glovis Cardinal. I thought car would be on Glovis Sping based on VW tracker which seems to be behind. Ordered in January 2018. He said should be with me early April

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just curious.. did they mention a rough delivery date now that it's at Emden? I'm guessing 2-3 weeks once it arrives in the UK?
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

Definitely purchasing a couple of faraday pouches when mine eventually arrives. Reading today in the financial press that some insurers are refusing to pay out if items are stolen from a vehicle with keyless entry. They are citing the fact that no violence or force was used to gain access to the car. With a GTI on the drive they are likely to take the whole thing. Insurers are being urged to update their policies in line with the new tech.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Griff74
Silver Member
Drives: 2019 Polo GTi+ in Reef blue

Post by Griff74 »

johnpolo2 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:18 am Definitely purchasing a couple of faraday pouches when mine eventually arrives. Reading today in the financial press that some insurers are refusing to pay out if items are stolen from a vehicle with keyless entry. They are citing the fact that no violence or force was used to gain access to the car. With a GTI on the drive they are likely to take the whole thing. Insurers are being urged to update their policies in line with the new tech.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
I'm just going to disable it by telling the car it doesn't have the modules installed with OBDEleven.
gonk1959
Bronze Member
Drives: 2016 Gti polo

Post by gonk1959 »

Johnpolo2
I watched a program about 4 months ago about car theft from driveways etc. These scumbags use these boxes now that talk to the car key and open the car. I now keep my keys in a tin in my bedroom. The tin acts as a Faraday cage. I also have a heavy duty FK off steering wheel lock brace. That program opened my eyes about remote locking keys always being active. I heard about new gen of keys that have motion sensors built into them now. the key goes to sleep and can only be woken if its picked up. :D
peeceeuk
Bronze Member
Drives: Snazzy red GTi

Post by peeceeuk »

Shall be blocking mine in the driveway using my Mrs car then.