New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
gonk1959
Bronze Member
Drives: 2016 Gti polo

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by gonk1959 »

gonk1959 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 12:41 pm
gonk1959 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 12:38 pm
l3rady wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 11:44 am

Not a bad quote at £750 for the gti. My car insurance for my 2015 SE polo is £800/year now. Would be more if I didn't have my mother as a named driver. The biggest cost to my insurance is where I live (East London), despite being 30, had a license for over 10 years, never had a claim or points on my license, and been building up my no claims to 3 years since I got my first car back in 2015, previously I used to only hire a car/van when needed. When I get my GTI my insurance is expected to shoot up to £1300/year. Late last year I moved to a new address a couple of streets away but because it went from postcode E13 to E15 the premium shot up £300/year despite the car now being kept on a driveway in a quiet culdesac rather on a busy street.
Wow..that's not a good quote for sure that id accept but I guess area and age does count for alot. mines £425 for a GTI but I am 59 and I have over 10yrs no claims bonus and I live in High Wycombe Bucks. Wow that's really surprised me.
Lol...I dont think I could afford to drive these days if I was under 25 at those prices wow
Update
Just had email from my dealership..........No car not arrived lol.......but have agreed to pay my years insurance on it as way of compensation..Happy days :D
roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

Post by roywolfey »

gonk1959 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 12:38 pm Wow..that's not a good quote for sure that id accept but I guess area and age does count for alot. mines £425 for a GTI but I am 59 and I have over 10yrs no claims bonus and I live in High Wycombe Bucks. Wow that's really surprised me.
Mines £375 including £25 worth of legal cover including 20K Miles. :P Aged 47 with full NCD
l3rady
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+ 2019

Post by l3rady »

roywolfey wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 2:48 pm
gonk1959 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 12:38 pm Wow..that's not a good quote for sure that id accept but I guess area and age does count for alot. mines £425 for a GTI but I am 59 and I have over 10yrs no claims bonus and I live in High Wycombe Bucks. Wow that's really surprised me.
Mines £375 including £25 worth of legal cover including 20K Miles. :P Aged 47 with full NCD
Mental. My long term partner and I are not married and thinking of getting married just so I can get lower premiums on the insurance.
Nora
Bronze Member
Drives: A polo

Post by Nora »

l3rady wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 2:59 pm My long term partner and I are not married and thinking of getting married just so I can get lower premiums on the insurance.
They always say the cost of the divorce outweighs any savings on insurance :lol: :lol:
gonk1959
Bronze Member
Drives: 2016 Gti polo

Post by gonk1959 »

roywolfey
thats well good..whos that with if I may asked!! Not that it matters to me now,since my last post. I had email confirming VW will pay my years insurance when I get my car :D :D :D
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

l3rady wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 2:59 pm Mental. My long term partner and I are not married and thinking of getting married just so I can get lower premiums on the insurance.
Many insurance companies treat policyholder and spouse and policyholder and partner the same when they calculate their premiums, so getting married may not result in your premium going down.

On the subject of insurance in general - It can be quite enlightening comparing insurance premiums. However, the algorithms used by insurers to calculate premiums are extremely complex these days and use a very wide range of risk factors (and not all insurers will use the same risk factors!). So almost always, one person’s premium won’t have been calculated on a like for like basis with an other person’s premium, and there may also be differences in the level of insurance cover provided by different insurers. Also, when shopping for car insurance, bear in mind that the cheapest premiums aren’t always on the price comparison websites, as not all insurers are on these sites. It’s still sometimes better to get an insurance broker to do the legwork for you, and remember that cheapest isn’t necessarily the best (cheapest could mean poor claims service!).

Also, for anyone who’s taken advantage of a year’s free VW insurance on their new Polo, don’t let it auto-renew when you get your renewal notice as its highly likely the premium will be significantly higher than you can get elsewhere.
l3rady
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+ 2019

Post by l3rady »

SRGTD wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 5:08 pm
l3rady wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 2:59 pm Mental. My long term partner and I are not married and thinking of getting married just so I can get lower premiums on the insurance.
Many insurance companies treat policyholder and spouse and policyholder and partner the same when they calculate their premiums, so getting married may not result in your premium going down.
True, but my partner does not drive and is not on my policy. So as far as my insurance is concerned they think I am single and carefree.
SRGTD wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 5:08 pm Also, for anyone who’s taken advantage of a year’s free VW insurance on their new Polo, don’t let it auto-renew when you get your renewal notice as its highly likely the premium will be significantly higher than you can get elsewhere.
I can confirm this. I took advantage of it three years ago on my first car as I had built up no no-claims. The £800 saving was well worth it for me. When they came to renew quote they wanted £2K and wouldn't budge so I went elsewhere. When I took out the insurance the dealer told me that it would count towards my no claims, so after my first year, I'd still be at 0. I got the dealer to double check that and they were adamant that was the case. I was like well £800 saving was still worth not getting a year no claims so took the free insurance. Well at the end of the insurance they sent through a 1 year NCD certificate which was a very welcomed surprise as I was told at the start I wouldn't get one.
paulrodgers7
Getting There!
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi + White/black roof

Post by paulrodgers7 »

fletch555 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 2:38 pm Collected mine today....and am very happy. I know people waiting on their cars love photos, so here's a few.
Looks absolutely awesome, good to see another one on the emerald isle :)

Thank you for posting
gnome
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI Plus

Post by gnome »

Shipping update! If anyone is waiting for their car in the North, two ships are currently headed to the Tyne and one additional one due Tuesday:
  • City of St. Petersburg - Sailing from Grimsby, originally from Emden, arrives tomorrow (4th April) @ 7:30pm
  • City of Barcelona - Sailing from Emden, arrives Sunday (5th April) @ 3pm
  • City of Rome - Sailing from Emden, arrives Tuesday (7th April) @ 7am
Hopefully one of these has my car on it :?
Nora
Bronze Member
Drives: A polo

Post by Nora »

Re: the free 5 days insurance
I emailed the dealer enquiring about this and his response was
Forgot to give you the details of the free 5 day insurance.

As it is a new car, you are better off calling than trying to do it online.

Call 0345 300 6119 and you will need to quote our dealer code of ***.

Better setting it up a couple of days before hand.
So I’m assuming that anyone else will need to obtain their (3 digit) dealer code to take advantage of this
stevereeves
Silver Member
Drives: Atlantic Blue '21 Mk8 Golf 1.5 6sp Style

Post by stevereeves »

My uncle, owns a prev model Polo (5-dr 1.2 DSG petrol), phoned up asking for my details as his insurance co. told him he would receive a £15 discount for adding any named driver to his policy, work that one out :?: . He spilt the 15 big ones with me so we were both in the lolly :mrgreen: ....
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

After giving me a non-reply regarding my enquiries for Polo GTI+ No2 whereabouts, I got a call out of the blue this afternoon to tell me that the car has arrived in the UK (Grimsby) and is expected at the dealership on the 10th. They will trailer it up from Nuneaton to Newcastle on the 15th. That's a car planned for BW13.
peeceeuk
Bronze Member
Drives: Snazzy red GTi

Post by peeceeuk »

Mine is in the UK now as confirmed by my dealer.
Could still be up to 2 weeks before I get it though.
roywolfey
Silver Member

Post by roywolfey »

Nora wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 3:03 pm
l3rady wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 2:59 pm My long term partner and I are not married and thinking of getting married just so I can get lower premiums on the insurance.
They always say the cost of the divorce outweighs any savings on insurance :lol: :lol:
Two divorces in, I can confirm that this is the truth! :roll: :lol:
roywolfey
Silver Member

Post by roywolfey »

gonk1959 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 3:18 pm
roywolfey
thats well good..whos that with if I may asked!! Not that it matters to me now,since my last post. I had email confirming VW will pay my years insurance when I get my car :D :D :D
I'm with Liverpool Victoria LV=
Just me on the policy.