New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
gnome
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI Plus

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by gnome »

johnpolo2 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 8:47 am
gnome wrote:Collection day for me, just have to get through a day at work first :|
Feeling like the last day of school before the holidays [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Well work is just like school :mrgreen: so yeah!
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

gnome wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 9:01 am
johnpolo2 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 8:47 am
gnome wrote:Collection day for me, just have to get through a day at work first :|
Feeling like the last day of school before the holidays [emoji16]

Depending how long you've been waiting, I'd have booked a days holiday, and taken it out for a good drive.
gnome
Getting There!

Post by gnome »

silverhairs wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:18 pm
johnpolo2 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 8:47 am Feeling like the last day of school before the holidays [emoji16]

Depending how long you've been waiting, I'd have booked a days holiday, and taken it out for a good drive.
Wouldn't have worked, can't pick up til 6pm anyway :(
gonk1959
Bronze Member
Drives: 2016 Gti polo

Post by gonk1959 »

gnome wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 1:45 pm
silverhairs wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:18 pm

Wouldn't have worked, can't pick up til 6pm anyway :(
Well its been a long long wait and finally the day has come. Just had call from Dealer. Car will be ready for collection Tues eve :D
Mike222
Getting There!
Drives: Polo gti 2023 face lift Reefblue /black

Post by Mike222 »

I am new here, currently driving golf 7 , ( the second ) I fancied a change ! Ordered polo gtl + on Monday 13th May, no one seems to know accurately when it will be here , I will pass on info on here when I get it . Meanwhile I have been reading reviews and watching YouTube videos about Polo GTI. That’s made the wait even more unbearable and it’s been less than a week !!!!!!!
peeceeuk
Bronze Member
Drives: Snazzy red GTi

Post by peeceeuk »

Might be a long slog and I nearly bailed out but I got mine this week and it's brilliant.
The wait, not so much but well worth it.
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

Mike222 wrote:I am new here, currently driving golf 7 , ( the second ) I fancied a change ! Ordered polo gtl + on Monday 13th May, no one seems to know accurately when it will be here , I will pass on info on here when I get it . Meanwhile I have been reading reviews and watching YouTube videos about Polo GTI. That’s made the wait even more unbearable and it’s been less than a week !!!!!!!
Pull up a chair and make yourself comfortable [emoji6]

Martin-GTi
New
Drives: 2019 Polo GTI+

Post by Martin-GTi »

Mike222 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:50 pm I am new here, currently driving golf 7 , ( the second ) I fancied a change ! Ordered polo gtl + on Monday 13th May, no one seems to know accurately when it will be here , I will pass on info on here when I get it . Meanwhile I have been reading reviews and watching YouTube videos about Polo GTI. That’s made the wait even more unbearable and it’s been less than a week !!!!!!!
Welcome Mike222. I ordered my GTI+ on 13th May too, but exactly one year before your order. I took delivery on 22nd March this year, so just over 10 months waiting. Reading the experiences of some members here, I definitely didn’t have the longest wait.

It seems VW are starting to get a little more on top of production - there was a long pause for WLTP compliance, so hopefully yours will be delivered quicker.

Now I have the car, I fully agree with peeceeuk- it is worth the wait and I absolutely love driving it, especially now it’s run in.
peeceeuk
Bronze Member

Post by peeceeuk »

I was a "fortunate" 10 month waiter too having ordered in July of last year.
Pretty sure there are people who ordered before me who are still waiting.
gnome
Getting There!

Post by gnome »

So I picked mine up tonight about 7pm ... Went for a drive to nowhere and put about 100 miles on her, do not regret the 8 month wait at all! :mrgreen:
peeceeuk
Bronze Member

Post by peeceeuk »

gnome wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:34 pm So I picked mine up tonight about 7pm ... Went for a drive to nowhere and put about 100 miles on her, do not regret the 8 month wait at all! :mrgreen:
I have shops across the street that supply general items that I could buy from them but I take a massive detour around the entire town, through it and wherever else I can that will extend my journey in order to learn the car. (Note, I do not generally drive to the shops across the street).
In addition, I am a home based worker but am now finding excuses to attend meetings that are some distance away to rack up that initial mileage.
Nora
Bronze Member
Drives: A polo

Post by Nora »

From the date of placing the order to taking delivery mine was 467 days :shock:
Mike222 would be better off taking advantage of the glut of new cars that are sitting on dealers forecourts.

Today I’m dropping the car off at the detailers ready for them to start work next week, so hopefully I’ll have it back on Thursday, let’s hope the sun is shining then so I can be dazzled by the paintwork
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

I was 51 when I placed the order I'm now 53 as I prepare to take delivery.
[emoji2957]

Nora
Bronze Member
Drives: A polo

Post by Nora »

FYI I’ve just visited the dealer (JCT - postcode S66 2JL) and noticed they have a white Gti for sale on the showroom floor. I didn’t enquire what spec it was.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

There’s currently 46 GTI/GTI+ (the majority are GTI+) listed at various Carwow dealers throughout the country in a variety of colours and specs - it’s possible that some of these are in transit from the factory if they’re shown as available in the next few weeks.

There’s a small selection of nearly new used examples listed too (one with only 100 miles on the clock). Interesting that Carwow give their view the price of the nearly new examples - whether they’re overpriced or a good price.

A good way for anyone who’s currently in the market for a GTI/GTI+ and they’re fairly flexible on spec to avoid the long waiting times for a factory order.