New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Griff74
Silver Member
Drives: 2019 Polo GTi+ in Reef blue

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by Griff74 »

The new cars look great guys, hope they bring you milea of smiles! :D
stevereeves
Silver Member
Drives: Atlantic Blue '21 Mk8 Golf 1.5 6sp Style

Post by stevereeves »

2 nice new cars there. Saw a new gold(?) Polo in Asda car park the other day with the bike rack fitted. With the bikes still on the rack....
paulrodgers7
Getting There!
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi + White/black roof

Post by paulrodgers7 »

RyanH wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:15 pm I’ve collected mine this afternoon too. As everyone has already said, it’s so worth the wait. Loving it already.

04B5A77C-447E-4A71-84EA-AC598733BC1B.jpeg
So pleased for you pal, looks fantastic :D
Nora
Bronze Member
Drives: A polo

Post by Nora »

monkeyhanger wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:02 pm It'll get quicker over time too - there's a marked difference in performance between our red GTI+ with 7500 miles on and the new white one with about 800 miles on.
I’ve nearly 1200 on mine, and it suprised me this morning as I was pottering along in traffic doing 50ish when the car in front slowed to turn left, so I swung mine out to overtake and put my foot down, WOW ..... it shot off like a bat out of hell when the power kicked in, and I thought the wheels would spin
peeceeuk
Bronze Member
Drives: Snazzy red GTi

Post by peeceeuk »

Are you noticing that as you put more miles on that the sound is maturing too?
It could be placebo but I'm sure mine burbles a bit more, and deeper, than when I first got it.
l3rady
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+ 2019

Post by l3rady »

peeceeuk wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:45 pm Are you noticing that as you put more miles on that the sound is maturing too?
It could be placebo but I'm sure mine burbles a bit more, and deeper, than when I first got it.
Mine has only 30 miles on the clock so far and I'm enjoying the sound very much. Yes, the soundacktor is playing a part in it but loving the noise and the burbles from gear changes and letting off the throttle. As I've come from a plain 1.2 TSI polo the engine noise is so much nicer. And if the sound gets better with time I will be most chuffed.
phillos
Bronze Member
Drives: '19 Polo (AW)

Post by phillos »

l3rady wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:30 pm
peeceeuk wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:45 pm Are you noticing that as you put more miles on that the sound is maturing too?
Mine has only 30 miles on the clock so far and I'm enjoying the sound very much. Yes, the soundacktor is playing a part in it but loving the noise and the burbles from gear changes and letting off the throttle. As I've come from a plain 1.2 TSI polo the engine noise is so much nicer. And if the sound gets better with time I will be most chuffed.
Wait what? Are you sure? The 2019 model is supposedly too quiet due to the GPF. I haven’t driven one in forever, so I totally forgot what it sounds like in the 2019 spec.

I’m picking mine up next Monday!
peeceeuk
Bronze Member
Drives: Snazzy red GTi

Post by peeceeuk »

l3rady wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:30 pm
I previously had a 2015 1.2 TSi.
There is an obvious difference between the two but I'm sure as mine clocks more miles, the sound develops somewhat.
Unless I'm now so comfortable adjusting to the feel of it, I now have time to hear it and take it in.
Dark_cze
Silver Member
Drives: AW GTI with MT

Post by Dark_cze »

phillos wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:49 pm Wait what? Are you sure? The 2019 model is supposedly too quiet due to the GPF. I haven’t driven one in forever, so I totally forgot what it sounds like in the 2019 spec.

Even GPF version does burp etc. just not as uch as pre-GPF :)
phillos
Bronze Member

Post by phillos »

Dark_cze wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:59 pm
phillos wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:49 pm Wait what? Are you sure? The 2019 model is supposedly too quiet due to the GPF. I haven’t driven one in forever, so I totally forgot what it sounds like in the 2019 spec.

Even GPF version does burp etc. just not as uch as pre-GPF :)
:shock: :lol: :mrgreen: That is awesome to hear and learn! Whoa, Monday cannot come fast enough now....!
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Unless you like driving around with your windows down, the soundaktor set to "Eco" and no music on, you'd be hard pushed to notice the burps (and pops for the non-GPF variant). The car's just not very loud under it's natural sound unless it is being pushed hard.
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

Didn't want to pop balloons but don't get too excited about the exhaust. All rather subtle.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Griff74
Silver Member
Drives: 2019 Polo GTi+ in Reef blue

Post by Griff74 »

johnpolo2 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:39 am Didn't want to pop balloons but don't get too excited about the exhaust. All rather subtle.

It's nice and deep though, I can always hear mine unless the radio is on loudish (I have disabled my Soundakotor with OBDeleven) and with the windows open (like this lovely sunny day) it's pretty decent volume, not to the extremes of the Abarth 500 I used to own, but it sounds nice and I've heard the odd burp and pop out of it. I'm not sure I would want anything more from it tbh
phillos
Bronze Member

Post by phillos »

Griff74 wrote:
johnpolo2 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:39 am Didn't want to pop balloons but don't get too excited about the exhaust. All rather subtle.

It's nice and deep though, I can always hear mine unless the radio is on loudish (I have disabled my Soundakotor with OBDeleven) and with the windows open (like this lovely sunny day) it's pretty decent volume, not to the extremes of the Abarth 500 I used to own, but it sounds nice and I've heard the odd burp and pop out of it. I'm not sure I would want anything more from it tbh
Thats what I want tbh. Yes the occasional Golf/A3/Leon with downpipe and full decat exhaust sounds good but I can’t image driving with it everyday. Plus the po po is ought to be keeping and eye on you all day when you’re that obnoxious. [emoji23][emoji108]

Really looking forward to driving my car this Monday. Took half the day off for dropping of the old lease and picking up the new.
NL-GTI
New
Drives: Reef Blue GTI

Post by NL-GTI »

Hi All,

Greetings from The Netherlands.
Just registered to the forum.
I have been reading the forum for some time now.
I learned a lot, thanks to everyone who shared information.
I envy you guys, having this app and showing you all kind of info about your new car.
We don't have that here in The Netherlands and dealer can't tell much about the status of my order.
Few days ago I contacted Volkswagen Netherlands and they know even less. :roll: Nothing that is!

That's why I come here, here is where the info is. :mrgreen:

Ordered on February 14th 2019 and got a confirmed build week 23.
Reef Blue on Brescia's
Anyone here with the same built week 23 that can share some info about their status.

TIA