New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
stevereeves
Silver Member
Drives: Atlantic Blue '21 Mk8 Golf 1.5 6sp Style

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by stevereeves »

RyanH wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:06 am My collection is now all booked in for Tuesday afternoon. I don’t think I’ll be able to sleep until then.
You won't :mrgreen: ....
stevereeves
Silver Member

Post by stevereeves »

monkeyhanger wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:07 am
snowyboy wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:38 am Hi all been following this post for well over a year now.some real decent info given.just to let others know who haven't received their cars yet what I have experienced so far.waited 14 months for my gti plus.deep black with brecia.great car but mine has been a problem child so far in less than 2 months it's had a new air vent which never worked from delivery.loads of rattles ,bits of loose trim still not complete.had knocking and creaking from suspension.had new top mounts but noises back again after 1 week.new hand brake lever.2 dents by people opening their doors onto it in carpark.i seem to have had a loan car for longer than I have had my car.wish I had my blue gt back tbh.thst was perfect in 4 years of ownership.now looking to get rid of it and get a fiesta st.sorry if I have put anyone off.good luck all.
If the car's still not right, you might be able to get rid via the rejection route, at little or no financial cost to yourself.
There must be some line of recompense you can follow. A few years ago I bought Ford Focus from new, had multiple electrical probs & more, Ford & dealer uninterested but I was put in touch with a real tigress of a solicitor, to whom I will eternally grateful; 6 or so weeks after purchase (4 weeks in the workshop) this wonderful lady secured me a full refund + compensation (£500ish) so it can be done. Get some legal advice my friend, initial consultation could be free or at least cheap. Good luck....
Last edited by stevereeves on Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
paulrodgers7
Getting There!
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi + White/black roof

Post by paulrodgers7 »

RyanH wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:06 am My collection is now all booked in for Tuesday afternoon. I don’t think I’ll be able to sleep until then.
Ryan I picked mine up today, it is even better than i had imagined, you will love it :D
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

Enjoy guys glad they're finally coming in. It's a great car!
Trantor
Getting There!
Drives: GTI+

Post by Trantor »

Comforting to hear that most of you who have taken delivery of your cars are pleased with them. Ordered mine a year ago, sight unseen, so been a bit of a gamble. Latest dealer update suggests I'll likely get it towards the end of July. Been a long wait.

In debate about paint treatment. Dealer is recommending Lifeshine for £500 but from what I've read on this forum the general consensus is don't bother. I've headed that advice and made initial contact with a local detailing company regarding ceramic coating. They estimate, with the prep work, would take 2, maybe 3 days. Anyone had experience of ceramic coating?
Griff74
Silver Member
Drives: 2019 Polo GTi+ in Reef blue

Post by Griff74 »

Trantor wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:18 pm Comforting to hear that most of you who have taken delivery of your cars are pleased with them. Ordered mine a year ago, sight unseen, so been a bit of a gamble. Latest dealer update suggests I'll likely get it towards the end of July. Been a long wait.

In debate about paint treatment. Dealer is recommending Lifeshine for £500 but from what I've read on this forum the general consensus is don't bother. I've headed that advice and made initial contact with a local detailing company regarding ceramic coating. They estimate, with the prep work, would take 2, maybe 3 days. Anyone had experience of ceramic coating?
Congrats on everyone getting their cars and collection dates, they are great cars and even with mine's couple of issues I do love it and hopefully my issues will be sorted when I get back from the dealers in the next couple of days.

I would NOT pay a dealer £500 to half arsed stick "Lifeshine" on a car, you will be able to find a proper detailer who will correctly prep and apply ceramic sealer for that price or less, which is a MUCH better product and will be applied correctly.
Nora
Bronze Member
Drives: A polo

Post by Nora »

Trantor wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:18 pm In debate about paint treatment. Dealer is recommending Lifeshine for £500 but from what I've read on this forum the general consensus is don't bother. I've headed that advice and made initial contact with a local detailing company regarding ceramic coating. They estimate, with the prep work, would take 2, maybe 3 days. Anyone had experience of ceramic coating?
I had mine done by a 3rd party detailer, it was a 3 day job which included full safe wash, a single stage polish, ceramic coating to the paintwork, wheels off and ceramic coated, calipers and exhaust tips ceramic coated and interior and fabric treatment. Total cost £850

I’ve so far put a little over 1000 miles on the car and I’m highly impressed.
I’ve also replaced the front mats with OEM rubber mats
Trantor
Getting There!
Drives: GTI+

Post by Trantor »

Thanks for the feedback guys. I’ll get the car ceramic coated by a detailer 8)
l3rady
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+ 2019

Post by l3rady »

Delivery of my GTI is just a nightmare right now. Been delivered to the UK since the 6th. 10 days in dealer finds out there was a hold on the cars due to glitch at VW end. Then it was cleared and ready for transport. Dealer booked priority transport but it's made no difference. Dealer got the update from VW on Friday 21st to expect delivery today and I was scheduled to pick up from 4pm today. Just got the call this morning, and the transporter hasn't turned up... Dealer calls VW and give no reason for the delay other than it is now coming tomorrow...

So now I'm booked to pickup tomorrow 4pm. Sales person at the dealership has to now come into work on their day off due to this no show and now it has messed up the two work days I took off expecting to take delivery today. Had planned a nice road trip tomorrow with my new car. Now will be stuck in rush hour traffic through London to get it home with not being able to drive it again to the following weekend...

The car better not have anything wrong with it.

/Rantover
stevereeves
Silver Member

Post by stevereeves »

Remember to take your 'fine tooth comb', if you know what I mean. Hope your car is ok after late in the day hassle....
l3rady
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+ 2019

Post by l3rady »

Finally picked up today.
IMG_20190625_135700.jpg
IMG_20190625_135754.jpg
Car is going for detail next week. Car isn't clean as asked the dealer not to touch.

On pickup car was still in its protective films so had the joy of pulling it all of myself.

First drive home was in traffic so got to test out the ACC which worked flawlessly. On the way to the dealer I did 62mpg in my old Polo and on the way back did 30mpg in the new GTI. Not at all bothered about the mpg as when the road opened up I blipped the throttle and the thing just flew. OMG that thing put the biggest smile on my face all the way back home.

So far nothing to report as far as issues with the car. The boot lid closes as smooth as butter and have yet to hear any rattles or creaks. Although I was listening to music so maybe there is some, but right now I don't want to go looking for noises.
S_94
Gold Member

Post by S_94 »

Congrats mate, enjoy!
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

It'll get quicker over time too - there's a marked difference in performance between our red GTI+ with 7500 miles on and the new white one with about 800 miles on.
RyanH
New

Post by RyanH »

I’ve collected mine this afternoon too. As everyone has already said, it’s so worth the wait. Loving it already.
04B5A77C-447E-4A71-84EA-AC598733BC1B.jpeg
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

Looks great! Enjoy.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk