New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by SRGTD »

George2702 wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:26 pm Hi guys, i ordered my polo gti+ on the 9th of March. I went around various dealers and eventually settled with one which had 6 slots available. He said that they only had 6 slots for 2018 and that after that, you could still order but it wouldn't be processed until the next allocation of slots that the dealer got, which could be next year. This could potentially be why some of you put orders in early in the year, but might not have heard anything back or have got late build dates. I.e. your dealer might have already used up all their slots for that year or quarter. Mine will be ready for delivery on the 1st of September, stated on the invoice. Good luck with your GTI'S! :D

Hi George. Dealers accepting orders when they don’t have build slots is what I thought might be a reason for long waiting times - see below from the ‘GTI+ Ordered’ discussion thread’;
SRGTD wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:37 am @Marcus73; do you have a tracking number?

Thinking about the very lengthy wait that your dealer had told you for your GTI+, it could be that your dealer has accepted more orders than the number of build slots they have been allocated by VW. The undernoted is from VW’s website - ‘Track my Car FAQs’;

‘Volkswagen UK operates what is called a managed supply system for most models, to ensure a fair distribution of available production across the retailer network. This means each retailer is allocated a set number of cars on a rolling three month basis. So when you place an order, it is advisable to check which month's allocation your car is intended for and if allocation is not available, whether it is possible to order from another retailer or when more vehicles may become available’.

If your dealer has received more customer orders than the number of build slots allocated to them, they may not be able to submit your order until next month or even later, which might explain why your order isn’t showing up. If you do have a tracking number, this suggests the dealer has submitted your order and the details of your order are in the system, but the tracker just hasn’t been updated yet (it is often slow to be updated). Worth asking your dealer if they’ve submitted your order and if not, which month’s allocation your car is intended for.

The full set of VW’s Track my Car FAQs can be found here;

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/track-my-order/faq
If dealers are accepting orders and they don’t have available build slots, they need to be explaining this to the customer to manage expectations and customer frustration. I wonder how many people have placed an order and the dealer hasn’t submitted it yet because they’ve used all their build slots but they’ve not told the customer?

If I’d ordered a GTI/GTI+ and hadn’t had an update from the dealer, or hadn’t been given a tracking number, then I’d be asking my dealer when they submitted the order, and asking to see this on VW’s ordering system.

Good luck with your order and your new car when you get it. September’s not too far away. :)
Thommy
New
Drives: Blue GT

Post by Thommy »

monkeyhanger wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:57 pm These delays are no surprise. I waited 8 months for a Golf R, while people were getting cheap lease deal orders fulfilled in 3 months. I suspect it was the 19" Pretoria alloy option that caused delays as a few others on long delays also specced the Prets. The leasers were all vanilla spec. Hard to believe that alliy wheel options delayed a car's build by 5 months.

In relation to insurance freebie, it was only guaranteed for Polos built and delivered by May, so they can modify the terms for orders fulfilled after that and not be in breach of contract if yours is delivered later.

The GTI is selling like hot cakes, not surprised VW have pulled the offer for the GTI. If they don't need to offer it to make popular cars sell then they won't. They do have to honour agreed price at point of order, even if a price rise comes in while waiting.

When I ordered my R, 3 year GFV was £18500 (helped lease companies offer such cheap leases), I was approved for finance. By the time the car came, GFV was £15500 and effectively £105 more per month. They did not honour the original terms. I ended up buying outright to do VWFS out of their commission and interest.
The delay for having extras on the car is the real issue I have. It’s never explained that having x option will cause y delay. I have had a response from the brand manager regarding my complaints yesterday and they are looking into it further. If it’s looking like July then I will just wait for September and the 68 plate.
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

I'm told by my dealer that the factory sales office have said as mine is an early order it is a priority (taken with a certain pinch of salt) and more info should be available at the end of this month. I'm advised that a delivery date of around July/August would be the most likely.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

Nora
Bronze Member
Drives: A polo

Post by Nora »

I ordered my plus+ On Jan 30th, I was given the invoice with the reference number on it so that I can track it with the app, I was told that I will have a provisional delivery date around the end of June (5 months) Maybe that is correct, maybe it isn’t I’ll just have to be patient. but atm I have not got an actual build week. Reading that some recent orders maybe delivered next year isn’t sounding good, and would certainly have me considering cancelling the order if the lead time was that long, VW seem to be leading customers towards the plus+ Spec rather than the stock Gti with the marginal difference in prices between the two specs. As for additional options I’m not sure if they will add to the build lead time, I personally have spec’ed mine, stock interior, with (the non red), grey iron interior trim, winter pack, the larger alloys, rear camera, blind spot detection, park assist, & pre-crash prevention. Leaving out the satnav, sunroof, contactless phone charger, duel zone AC, and flappy paddle interior.
I have however been able to download all the new workshop literature and training manuals for this model from the VW erwin website.
Last edited by Nora on Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scottydoo45
New
Drives: Polo gti

Post by Scottydoo45 »

Well I wish I hadn't come here I've got the fear now haha. I ordered my plus on 12th Jan anticipating waiting lists.... I would assume that the free insurance should still be valid for cars ordered before the change as we had entered into a contract to buy with vw with that as one of the terms, I'm gonna see the dealer today tho as I haven't actually got my order number so I'll ask the q, I'd it's not I'll be getting them to take the value of insurance off the price or giving me a cheque....
Lewisoak
New
Drives: Polo GTi plus

Post by Lewisoak »

Hi all update!

Build week has been confirmed for 28/05/2018. not long!
clidds
New
Drives: GTI+

Post by clidds »

Lewisoak wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:58 pm Hi all update!

Build week has been confirmed for 28/05/2018. not long!
Just out of interest is that showing on the online tracker for you as well? Or just been confirmed by your dealer?
Lewisoak
New
Drives: Polo GTi plus

Post by Lewisoak »

online app/tracker! and dealer has confirmed as well
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Post by barrywi »

How do I access the online tracker for my car?
c4s2rs6
New
Drives: Ordered GTI+

Post by c4s2rs6 »

barrywi wrote:How do I access the online tracker for my car?
You can install an app called My VW. I ordered a GTI plus on the 2nd of February, still no update on build week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jackdoor
New
Drives: Gti

Post by Jackdoor »

I ordered a Gti+ on Feb 6th and I have also had a build date today - end of May. As they do not book a build until all parts are available obviously they now have everything in place to build.
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Post by barrywi »

The receipt I have for my deposit from the dealer does not have an order number on it so I have asked the dealer why by email.
Scottydoo45
New
Drives: Polo gti

Post by Scottydoo45 »

I also don't have an order number in the form asked for it tho was same with my current gti, just want the thing, can't be bothered with all this wait
Trip1982
New
Drives: Polo 6r

Post by Trip1982 »

Ordered on the 24th Jan and still no build date grrrr. I think I will be chasing up with the garage. I sent them an email last week to which I got zero reply
Dan34
Getting There!
Drives: GTI+

Post by Dan34 »

Checked the tracker this morning and got a confirmed build week of 04/06/2018, ordered 22nd of Feb! Good to finally have something confirmed.