New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by barrywi »

allye wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:43 am I've kind of resigned to the fact that the car will not arrive until 2019 but at least if they gave me a build date it would be something to aim for.
I have this feeling that I'm not going to get even a notification of a date till nearer the end of the year (if that!!). It will be a year in January since ordering.
The least they can do is prioritise your order and give you some compensation as well. Yours must have been one of the first orders ,it should be here by now. Go and shout at the dealer would be my suggestion.
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

barrywi wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:45 am My car on its next stage, got notification today (Feb 10th order)
On a boat to the UK soon, they say three weeks to dealer.
Right, your dealer will know the name of the boat it is on, so get that and start tracking its progress - another pastime!
stevereeves
Silver Member
Drives: Atlantic Blue '21 Mk8 Golf 1.5 6sp Style

Post by stevereeves »

allye wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:43 am I've kind of resigned to the fact that the car will not arrive until 2019 but at least if they gave me a build date it would be something to aim for.
I have this feeling that I'm not going to get even a notification of a date till nearer the end of the year (if that!!). It will be a year in January since ordering.
Freaking ridiculous, I'm sure the new Polo is good but not that good to wait a full year for one. I'd have a a serious chat with the dealer whilst taking a long close look at a Golf (similar in spec and price to a Polo) and discuss a favourable & healthy discount package....
Last edited by stevereeves on Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

barrywi wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:45 am My car on its next stage, got notification today (Feb 10th order)
I got next stage (5b) notification this morning too. Does it really mean it is UK bound on a ship, or just confirming that it arrived at Emden for those "checks"? If it is on a UK bound ship and not stopping anywhere else on the way to Sheerness/Grimsby (I know my Nuneaton sourced car won't be headed for Tyne), it'll be in the UK by this time tomorrow and likely sit dockside for 7-10 days.

Anyone know which ships are doing the Emden to Sheerness/Grimsby run right now or imminently?
Cadwest
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by Cadwest »

monkeyhanger wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:34 am
I got next stage (5b) notification this morning too. Does it really mean it is UK bound on a ship, or just confirming that it arrived at Emden for those "checks"? If it is on a UK bound ship and not stopping anywhere else on the way to Sheerness/Grimsby (I know my Nuneaton sourced car won't be headed for Tyne), it'll be in the UK by this time tomorrow and likely sit dockside for 7-10 days.

Anyone know which ships are doing the Emden to Sheerness/Grimsby run right now or imminently?
Emden to Grimsby is City of Sunderland, Weser Highway, Neckar Highway . This may change from day to day.
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

After the hassle so far mine will be on the Titanic I bet☠️
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Just had a VW UK chat and they say the notification is for the car's arrival at Emden yesterday and that my order is waiting for shipment to the UK, but is not yet on a ship already.
PilotRoss91
New
Drives: '14 Fiesta ST - Polo GTI+ On Order

Post by PilotRoss91 »

PoloGIT+ wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:56 pm
PilotRoss91 wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:13 pm
PoloGIT+ wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:11 pm I spoke to VW Live Chat today too, they confirmed the wireless charging function would be dropped, all other (possible) spec changes we’d have to wait for. Also confirmed the the factory is closed until 31st July so I won’t get a build date notification until after that (ordered GTI+ on 30th Jan). A little more information at least...
That seems like a hell of a long time just to wait for a build date confirmation! :( What sort of options did you go for?
In fairness I went with a huge spec, pretty much everything, except the smoker's pack and parking assist - I was told when placing the order that the panoramic sunroof could cause a delay, I'm wondering if that's what they're tooling up for at the South African plant as I haven't yet seen any RHD models with it. Fingers crossed for a build date soon, would be nice to have a car by Christmas!
That doesn’t bode well for me then :o I’ve ticked all the boxes bar smokers pack, park assist and voice activation too...
Cadwest
Bronze Member

Post by Cadwest »

monkeyhanger wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:30 pm Just had a VW UK chat and they say the notification is for the car's arrival at Emden yesterday and that my order is waiting for shipment to the UK, but is not yet on a ship already.

Just received this update today

Your order status has been updated. Your car is in the final stage of its journey to the UK. From this point it takes approximately 15 days for this model to reach your local Volkswagen Retailer.

Looks like Emden has done a fast turn around and our cars are now U.K. bound.
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

Mine too, fingers crossed
Cadwest
Bronze Member

Post by Cadwest »

Just spoke with live chat and my car is on Neckar Highway and due in Grimsby this morning.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

barrywi wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:46 am Mine too, fingers crossed
And mine. Better get my A1 sold!

So of all us BW23ers, where are yiur supplying dealerships?

Mine's Listers of Nuneaton. Not knowing the geographical cut-offs between Sheerness and Grimsby, i'm not sure which dock it may be bound for, but Nuneaton looks significantly closer to Grimsby than Sheerness, so i'd have to guess Grimsby with Cadwest's.
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

Mine is Hadwins Lindale South Lake District
Cadwest
Bronze Member

Post by Cadwest »

monkeyhanger wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:26 am
barrywi wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:46 am Mine too, fingers crossed
And mine. Better get my A1 sold!

So of all us BW23ers, where are yiur supplying dealerships?

Mine's Listers of Nuneaton. Not knowing the geographical cut-offs between Sheerness and Grimsby, i'm not sure which dock it may be bound for, but Nuneaton looks significantly closer to Grimsby than Sheerness, so i'd have to guess Grimsby with Cadwest's.
Mine is Preston, Lancashire BW23
MattB911
New
Drives: GTI

Post by MattB911 »

Mine should have arrived at Southampton this morning. Does anybody know what the time scale is roughly from arriving at the dock to recieving the vehicle?