New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
PilotRoss91
New
Drives: '14 Fiesta ST - Polo GTI+ On Order

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by PilotRoss91 »

What is this WLTP I keep seeing and what will it mean for me? I only ordered the car 2/3 weeks ago so absolutely no chance of it being here for the mystical 15th of August date... :?
Cadwest
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by Cadwest »

PilotRoss91 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:34 pm What is this WLTP I keep seeing and what will it mean for me? I only ordered the car 2/3 weeks ago so absolutely no chance of it being here for the mystical 15th of August date... :?
Ross if you go on YouTube and search WLTP Volkswagen, they have done a full explanation video that’s far better than any explanation I could give you.
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Post by barrywi »

Just google it. But basically they are new MPG tests that are different to the current ones and supposed to be more realistic. Any car sold after Sept 1st 68 reg will have to comply with the tests, some of which have not yet been done. So all manufacturers can be restricted to what they can sell on Sept 1st. No test certificate, cant be sold. The new tests have different tests depending on specification such as wheel size making it more complicated. There will not be many cars available before October at the earliest. If you can find a Polo before August 15 th you can buy it under the current regulations. Goo luck trying to find a Polo GTI
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

Going back to "PilotRoss91" post, you ordered your car 2/3 weeks ago and they told you 15th August :lol: I ordered mine 7 weeks ago and on the VW app, the one where you type in your VW order number, and it tells you where in the queue your car is :?: I've now been transferred to the second box (with factory), the thing is, I think there's 7 boxes intotal :roll:
MattB911
New
Drives: GTI

Post by MattB911 »

Just seen this Polo GTI for sale if anyone is interested in beating the 42 week wait. https://www.instagram.com/p/BlIJ86hlmpp ... u3uwjbyqh4
roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

Post by roywolfey »

A quick search on Autotrader and there are 9 AW Polo GTIs for sale. Some un-registered. :)
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

I just looked on my autotrader app and cannot find any....where did you see them?
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

Just got 3 1.8 gtis
roywolfey
Silver Member

Post by roywolfey »

barrywi wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:24 pm Just got 3 1.8 gtis
Try Search Criteria:
Distance: National
Make: Volkswagen
Model: Polo
Min Engine Size: 2.0

;)
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Carwow dealers currently showing 6 Polo GTI+‘s and 7 Polo GTI’s, all being advertised with 0 miles and in a range of colours and available in 2 weeks.
roywolfey
Silver Member

Post by roywolfey »

SRGTD wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:57 pm Carwow dealers currently showing 6 Polo GTI+‘s and 7 Polo GTI’s, all being advertised with 0 miles and in a range of colours and available in 2 weeks.
Some amazing deals with those Carwow cars. One GTI+ in particular is very close to the spec of my factory order but with a much higher discount of over £3k

The interesting statement is “must be registered by 15/08/18”

I really thing there’s an opportunity here for people to beat the 40 plus week waiting time and bag yourself a bargain on a car that needs to be registered before 15/08
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

roywolfey wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:23 pm
SRGTD wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:57 pm Carwow dealers currently showing 6 Polo GTI+‘s and 7 Polo GTI’s, all being advertised with 0 miles and in a range of colours and available in 2 weeks.
Some amazing deals with those Carwow cars. One GTI+ in particular is very close to the spec of my factory order but with a much higher discount of over £3k

The interesting statement is “must be registered by 15/08/18”

I really thing there’s an opportunity here for people to beat the 40 plus week waiting time and bag yourself a bargain on a car that needs to be registered before 15/08
I'm betting that those "amazing deals" (just over £3k) are inclusive of that fabled additional £500/750 compensation for having to register before Sept (15th Aug to be precise). Still find it odd that no-one here has had concrete confirmation of exact amount and eligibility criteria/confirmation that they are eligible. Surely dealers know all the details by now?
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

I saw an email from VW to a dealer mentioning the compensation about a month ago with two figures of £500 and £750 for Polos but at the time the dealer could not confirm which customers may qualify. I hope to see my dealer next Sunday to clarify what will happen as by then my ordered car should have been loaded off the ship at Emden . It arrives there tomorrow so will start asking when it will get to the dealer. The garage reckoned about the 8 th August for me to pick up. I will report what my dealer and friend tells me asap. I hope this helps.
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

barrywi wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:53 pm I saw an email from VW to a dealer mentioning the compensation about a month ago with two figures of £500 and £750 for Polos but at the time the dealer could not confirm which customers may qualify. I hope to see my dealer next Sunday to clarify what will happen as by then my ordered car should have been loaded off the ship at Emden . It arrives there tomorrow so will start asking when it will get to the dealer. The garage reckoned about the 8 th August for me to pick up. I will report what my dealer and friend tells me asap. I hope this helps.
I will have to start asking questions soon too, but have learned from past experience not to harrass the salespeople (even with an 8.5 month wait for my last VW!)- they really do have a hell of a lot more to do than just make the sale. I will ask when the car is on its way to the UK if my salesperson hasn't got back to me first. I've had 2 potential reasons to cancel and she's handled them well.

I was quite clear when I placed a broker order that I wanted it Sept 1st or thereafter on the 68 plate, and that I had to have deep iron inserts (fearing that the velvet red ones would be gaudy after being used to VW's usually restrained interior colour palette).

After taking my order and being offered a few "on the way" cars with a few not-required options half an hour later, I took her up on one of the cars, only realising later that we hadn't confirmed insert colour. They ended up being velvet red on the car allocated to me, but after looking around on the net for velvet red pics, I decided that I liked them. Then the "must be registered by Aug 15th" bombshell came. Barry had mentioned the compensation email, so I asked about it. She was sketchy on the details, but said that if I was eligible then it would be passed on - have they had full details, I wonder?

Judging by a few very recent recipients (in the last week) and no mention of compensation received, I am guessing that the compensation claim is only eligible for orders already in progress and delivered no earlier than Aug 1st. For £750, I think VW are getting off lightly. If you buy a £23k car for £21k and it has a GFV of around £11.5k, you might get £12500 p/x against another at 3 years old, so you've lost £8500 over 3 years, and the car has lost an average £1400 per plate change. An Aug 18 plate car is still an 18 plate car, and even one so late in the 6 month period is going to be worth about a grand less than a 68 plate example.

I will pm one of the dealers (Evo1986) that frequents the Golf GTI forum and see if he can provide a bit more clarity on the compensation scheme/incentive.
allye
Getting There!
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Post by allye »

Just spoke to VW today and they told me to expect a notification of build date by the end of August (ill believe it when I see it). The said it would be the 2019 model. Anybody any info on what's been changed/updated/upgraded for the 2019 GTI+?