New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
phileep
Getting There!
Drives: Polo Beats 2018

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by phileep »

clidds wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:29 pm
phileep wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:48 pm I had ordered my new Polo back on the 25th February

Just had an update and it has a build week of 22? Does that mean the 22nd week, so 28th May?

The dealer said they are looking at a July delivery! :(

Whats going on!!
phileep is yours a GTI model?
No, Polo Beats :oops:
Thommy
New
Drives: Blue GT

Post by Thommy »

Hi new to this forum.

I ordered my GTI+ on 11th Jan and it still says with the factory. I was originally told 22nd May but spoke to dealership today and they said no update and the app isn’t updating due to problems with the factory production schedule.

He also said it is 42 weeks if I ordered it today and if I wanted an Up GTI it wouldn’t be this year!!

Does anyone think I will receive this in May? Doesn’t sound like it. Frustrating that others have build dates and i ordered mine the day it was released.

Cheers
clidds
New
Drives: GTI+

Post by clidds »

Has anyone actually got a build date confirmed on the VW tracker?

I know a number of dealers have given provisional build dates but I wasn't aware of anyone's GTI order actually having a locked in build date showing on the tracker yet?
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

clidds wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:13 pm Has anyone actually got a build date confirmed on the VW tracker?

I know a number of dealers have given provisional build dates but I wasn't aware of anyone's GTI order actually having a locked in build date showing on the tracker yet?
See Thommy’s post - The tracker’s not updating currently, due to problems with the factory production schedule.
Thommy wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:02 pm Hi new to this forum.

I ordered my GTI+ on 11th Jan and it still says with the factory. I was originally told 22nd May but spoke to dealership today and they said no update and the app isn’t updating due to problems with the factory production schedule.
clidds
New

Post by clidds »

Has anyone's dealer provided a locked in build week for their GTI order?
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Post by barrywi »

I hope to go to see my dealer tomorrow to see if he can clarify the muddy situation.
erxrx
New
Drives: Golf mk4/mk10 polo on the way

Post by erxrx »

Thommy wrote:Hi new to this forum.

He also said it is 42 weeks if I ordered it today and if I wanted an Up GTI it wouldn’t be this year!!

Does anyone think I will receive this in May? Doesn’t sound like it. Frustrating that others have build dates and i ordered mine the day it was released.

Cheers
I think we’re pretty much on the same boat mate, with the only difference that my polo is the 95 tsi.. ordered on the 15th of jan with a provisional delivery date of mid May and tracker is still showing me the “with the factory” stage. Having spoken to vw customer services both online and on the phone I’ve only got more reason to believe I’m not getting the car any sooner than mid June. It baffles me that an order placed early in the year gets processed later than ones after it..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lewisoak
New
Drives: Polo GTi plus

Post by Lewisoak »

I still haven't got given a definite build week but it has been updating with new pencilled in dmweek, no we currently sat at build week 21. So still nothing Definite as of yet. Huge consideration that if I haven't heard anything by end of may that I will look around for something else
clidds
New

Post by clidds »

Lewisoak wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:28 am I still haven't got given a definite build week but it has been updating with new pencilled in dmweek, no we currently sat at build week 21. So still nothing Definite as of yet. Huge consideration that if I haven't heard anything by end of may that I will look around for something else
I ordered 7th Feb and received my order number straight away. Tracker still shows it as ‘with the factory’ my dealer just tells me hopefully/probably/possibly might be built in May but nothing confirmed!
Lewisoak
New
Drives: Polo GTi plus

Post by Lewisoak »

clidds wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:39 am
Lewisoak wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:28 am I still haven't got given a definite build week but it has been updating with new pencilled in dmweek, no we currently sat at build week 21. So still nothing Definite as of yet. Huge consideration that if I haven't heard anything by end of may that I will look around for something else
I ordered 7th Feb and received my order number straight away. Tracker still shows it as ‘with the factory’ my dealer just tells me hopefully/probably/possibly might be built in May but nothing confirmed!
All these uncertainties are becoming a big annoyance
erxrx
New

Post by erxrx »

Lewisoak wrote:
clidds wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:39 am
All these uncertainties are becoming a big annoyance
I agree. If I had known that it was going to be such a hassle to even get an estimated delivery date I probably would’ve gone with a a SEAT or something, and that’s coming from a lifelong VW fan..

allye
Getting There!
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Post by allye »

I'm in the same boat. Tried to order on 5th January but VW only accepted order on 5th Feb. Got order number straight away. Dealer said to expect delivery possibly late June but that was back then. Have been watching tracker but now I hear that its not working. Just contacted the dealer who says I'm first in their queue but that doesn't help. I am waiting on a date from them now.
Thommy
New
Drives: Blue GT

Post by Thommy »

erxrx wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:27 am
Thommy wrote:Hi new to this forum.

Cheers
I think we’re pretty much on the same boat mate, with the only difference that my polo is the 95 tsi.. ordered on the 15th of jan with a provisional delivery date of mid May and tracker is still showing me the “with the factory” stage. Having spoken to vw customer services both online and on the phone I’ve only got more reason to believe I’m not getting the car any sooner than mid June. It baffles me that an order placed early in the year gets processed later than ones after it..

It’s just the lack of information that’s the biggest annoyance. My dealership keeps mentioning the amount of extras I have causing the delay. Didn’t mention that when I ordered though......

Add that to the fact that GTIs are now excluded from free insurance offer leaves me very close to cancelling.
allye
Getting There!
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Post by allye »

Dealer has just come back saying no delivery yet. Siting at 00. Its go loads of extras so he says "hopefully" this year.
Not good enough.
erxrx
New

Post by erxrx »

allye wrote:Dealer has just come back saying no delivery yet. Siting at 00. Its go loads of extras so he says "hopefully" this year.
Not good enough.
So what are you going to do? I seem to have the same scenario. A part of me what’s to throw a fuss about it and see if I can get some freebies out of it or speed the process up, but equally I don’t really want to end up being on bad terms with my retailer..