New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
peeceeuk
Bronze Member
Drives: Snazzy red GTi

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by peeceeuk »

I'm going to can my order tomorrow.
Nora
Bronze Member
Drives: A polo

Post by Nora »

peeceeuk wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:16 am I'm going to can my order tomorrow.
I suspect that you won’t be the last person to do so
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

If anyone can recommend some good alternatives (similar price range and automatic) I'd cancel.
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

S_94 wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:59 am If anyone can recommend some good alternatives (similar price range and automatic) I'd cancel.
It might be worth making enquiries with big dealership groups to see if they have any unallocated cars coming through as general stock.

I got my GTI+ delivered to me on Aug 1st from Listers group. I placed an order with a broker who Listers serve in the middle of May, and when the Listers dealership fleet manager got in touch, I was offered one of 5 GTI/GTI+ they had coming through rather than wait an eternity for the factory order. There was one in roughly my preferred spec and I had to pay for a few options I wouldn't otherwise have ordered, but I got a broker sized discount.

I have just enquired about chopping our Golf R in for another GTI+, but the fleet manager is on holiday until monday. My wife had been interested in the new Audi A1, but it's a bit ugly - looks a bit like the BMW1 series in side profile, so likely another GTI+ if we decide not to keep the Golf. PM me if you want the email address of my Listers contact.

VW seem to routinely prioritise fleet production over retail production.
wizzywig27
Getting There!
Drives: GTI

Post by wizzywig27 »

Whats the difference between fleet and retail?
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Post by barrywi »

You may see one or two cancelled orders in the next few months as people get fed up with waiting, so look around( as could the dealer)
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

wizzywig27 wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:45 am Whats the difference between fleet and retail?
They have separate allocations for cars, generally fleet cars are supposed to supply company cars, lease and broker sales. For certain car models (usually the performance variants early on in the model's lifecycle) retail are only allowed to order maybe one or 2 a month per branch.
PoloGIT+
Getting There!
Drives: 2019 Polo GTI+

Post by PoloGIT+ »

Gavlar25 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:29 am Thanks,January Surely you’re get yours this year 😳 what is your dealer saying?
Nothing, and he never has! Has always said the same thing, that I'll know more when I get a build date. He knows less than we do - what's most frustrating is the lack of communication and/or apology from VW on this. Really disappointing
John501
New
Drives: Golf 1:4 tsi Polo gti + sometime

Post by John501 »

I agree, mine was ordered in May and still no idea when the car will be built, no info from anyone as to when. I've even asked via their twitter account but no response. I don't think they care about retail customers. It won't happen but an offer of a better deal on a service plan or similar would improve relations. Little cost to vw but would do a lot for customer relationships.
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Post by barrywi »

The dealers are in same place as you. No supply of cars and VW UK who do not own the dealers not seeming to care or let them know what is going on.
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

https://www.volkswagen-newsroom.com/en/ ... ected-4245

'A November sprint' says the boss from VW group. Does that mean we'll start getting build weeks confirmed or heaven forbid our cars in production.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

johnpolo2 wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:55 pm https://www.volkswagen-newsroom.com/en/ ... ected-4245

'A November sprint' says the boss from VW group. Does that mean we'll start getting build weeks confirmed or heaven forbid our cars in production.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
Not getting my hopes up but fingers crossed. If I don't have a build date by the end of the year I'm cancelling.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

I got a response from the supplying dealer about possibly chopping in the Golf R for a second Polo GTI+, not quite what I was after, but the responder was not the rep who sold me the current Polo GTI+ I have.

So I got a quote for a Polo GTI+, White or Pearl Black, Brescias, Deep Iron Dash inserts, and I have been quoted £20968 for a white one, which is around £2800 discount from list (haven't worked it out exactly). Saying 24-30 weeks leadtime right now, didn't say if they have any in the queue already and won't give a value for the Golf because delivery could be so far off. Going to propose a current trade-in price and a monthly depreciation on it to the month of delivery, when I speak to the person that got me the last one.
MattHGR
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI+

Post by MattHGR »

This one's for someone with their car.
When you start the car and put the headlights on, do they move down and up initially like they do on other models?
I know other led headlight cars do this but I'm unsure about the polo.
Robint
Bronze Member
Drives: 2018 polo GTI

Post by Robint »

Yes they do mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk