New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
TElwoody
Bronze Member
Drives: VW Polo 2018

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by TElwoody »

The Polo probably doesn't have as many features, settings and options. Even though it is the exact same unit as the Golf.
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Post by barrywi »

Just seen a short utube video where an engineering menu was accessed by pressing and holding a setup button. Not a 2018 Polo though, but there must be something similar, I will try tomorrow.
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

It does seem to be a bit of dumbing down to remove the "early on/late off" adjustment from the user menu.

Maybe a challenge for someone with VCDS as no doubt the ability to alter these settings will still exist, but now just hidden, that is if you can't locate it in the "servicing" screens.
roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

Post by roywolfey »

barrywi wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:13 pm They have lifted up the drivers side headlamp beam to its legal max to improve headlamp cover on dipped, at my request.
Be great to get your feedback once you have been on a night drive. I feel that the LED range is set conservatively low on mine from factory.

Referring to your 'turn your lights on' warnings, and your preference not to use 'Auto' and the car telling you what to do, my minor gripe is with the A/C automatically switching on (Non Climate Control model)

If you turn the temp dial all the way to the coldest settings, it puts the system in recirculation mode, and turns on the A/C

And if you turn the direction dial to the windscreen, once more it turns on the A/C

I get that having the A/C on with the recirc setting is the quickest way to cool a car down, and that having A/C on is often the quickest way to clear a windscreen but I want to choose when to turn it on.

I find myself having to quickly deselect A/C and ricirc when the car imposes them on me.

Automation is great, but it would be great to be able to turn it off and let the driver make the decisions..
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

The auto on AC when you turn the dial is a minor irritation, as is stop start firing up again when the car in front shuffles a foot forward as static traffic bunches up at a stopped set of lights.

Never been bothered about early cut in of auto lights, I leave them on incase you pass under a flyover etc and the drain on the battery is negligible with LEDs. You can change the threshold of the light sensor with VCDS, but going to latest setting, the difference is not huge compared to stock, hardly worth doing. Unless the road surface is terrible, you probably won't be mistaken for having flashed someone at low speeds - and it's as likely to happen at night anyway, when the lights are much more prominent.
RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

I'd think that in countries where they dig tunnels to keep roads level as much as anything, ie Italy with its good soft rocks etc, auto lights will be quite handy, though now having DRLs and most tunnels having overhead lighting, maybe not so essential.

My wife's 6C Polo was giving me the "time for lights" hint today in strange lighting conditions, ie the instrument lighting turned fully down! That was just one of these unusual situations/conditions that can fool auto lights switching, I can live with the auto lights on both cars as long as I can control when to enable it, but as said with most/all lights being LEDs not much to worry about energy wise or service life wise even if I left them enabled.
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Those LED lights are supposed to last the life of the car, most domestic lighting made from LEDs is supposed to last 25000-50000 operational hours, i'd expect similar operational life from the headlight array. Even at an average car life speed of only 20mph - 10k hours is 200k miles.

I've had about 15% of my domestic LED bulbs go on me within 2 years of purchase and all from reputable brands like Philips and Osram.

It's highly likely in VCDS you'll be able to increase headlight output (you can with interior LED lighting), but that will reduce serviceable life - operational heat kills LEDs if they are wound up beyond designed output. I find the output and range adequate, but haven't been on an unlit road yet . My Golf's Xenons are a little brighter.
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

I have had the same experience with domestic led lighting. Outside security , kitchen , lounge all have had failures. I think even well known makes are probably made in China anyway so no guarantee there.
By pressing and holding the bottom right button next to the centre screen ( setup) , another menu comes up which I do not understand. I will take a picture of it tomorrow to see if anyone can throw any light on it........I thankyou!
Gavlar25
New
Drives: VW Caddy, Polo GTI+ on order

Post by Gavlar25 »

I had a email last week from my dealer saying he’s happy to tell me I’ve finally got a build date For my GTI+ week 5 with a delivery in March on a new plate, I ordered in May 😬 I replied saying I want a loan car in the meantime,still waiting for a response 🙄 if I knew in May it would take that long I would never have ordered just hope it’s worth wait
PoloGIT+
Getting There!
Drives: 2019 Polo GTI+

Post by PoloGIT+ »

Gavlar25 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:07 am I had a email last week from my dealer saying he’s happy to tell me I’ve finally got a build date For my GTI+ week 5 with a delivery in March on a new plate, I ordered in May 😬 I replied saying I want a loan car in the meantime,still waiting for a response 🙄 if I knew in May it would take that long I would never have ordered just hope it’s worth wait
That's a bit worrying, I ordered a GTI+ in Jan and still without a build date... Congrats on the date though! :)
Gavlar25
New
Drives: VW Caddy, Polo GTI+ on order

Post by Gavlar25 »

Thanks,January Surely you’re get yours this year 😳 what is your dealer saying?
gonk1959
Bronze Member
Drives: 2016 Gti polo

Post by gonk1959 »

Ordered my GTi + Easter bank holiday March end of. Was told then it will be delivered by June. Still waiting a build date. I too would never have ordered this car at the time if VW had told me I could be waiting a whole year before I get my new car.
allye
Getting There!
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Post by allye »

Just come back from the dealers. They are saying that order will be open for GTI+ in November when they will be tested (WLTP). The customers will be given a 38week delivery. They could not say that my already 38weeks I have waited since ordering in January would be taken into account so a 76+ weeks wait could be possible. Also a promised curtesy car by VW but now they say its up to Dealer who does not want to supply car for 6months+. If I don't get a build date by the end of the year then going elsewhere.