New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by johnpolo2 »

Read today that they are reducing the power of the Golf R by 10bhp because of the new WLTP rules.
Plus dumping the manual version.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

johnpolo2 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:20 pm Read today that they are reducing the power of the Golf R by 10bhp because of the new WLTP rules.
Plus dumping the manual version.

The 3 door version of the Golf R is also being dropped from the model range.

Other cars within the VAG that use the same engine as the Golf R are also seeing a drop in power of around 10ps; Seat Leon Cupra hatch, and I think the Audi S3 is similarly affected. The Leon Cupra will also be DSG only (don’t know if there’s currently a manual version of the S3; if there is, it’ll probably go the same way as the Golf R and Leon Cupra).
loadswine
New
Drives: Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Post by loadswine »

VW look to be in a complete mess, at the moment. Model derivatives decreasing in number and hopeless lack of information for the customers who have ordered. I am glad this site is here, to at least share some information, even if most of what I have learnt so far, is information on ship movements. :wink:
I don't think it would take much for me to cancel my order and walk away, from the responses of VW thus far. When, and if, the WLTP results for the GTi show up, that could be the crunch.
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Post by barrywi »

Indeed it does appear to be a mess. My car is off the coast of Africa( on a ship!) at the moment and I am worried about it getting to the dealers before the 15 th August deadline. Just had an email from cadwest who posts on here saying that a Seat dealer knows nothing of the 15 th August deadline and that non WLTP cars could be registered up to the end of August.
I don't know where the 15 th deadline originally came from but now things are getting very close I need to go in and talk to him face to face . If it is the 15 th as a deadline ,what happens to my car if it has not arrived?
Extremely unsettling after waiting since February for it to arrive.
I will also ask about the WLTP compliant cars and when they will be available .
allye
Getting There!
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Post by allye »

Spoke to VW and they just told me not to expect a notification of build date before the 1st September. They say "hopefully" it will be this year. I ordered late Jan. Went round to look at the Fiesta St-3. A fully specced up car would be ready in less that 3 months. Asked about WLTP and the said not an issue for them. I will wait until September and see but this is getting beyond a joke!.
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

As I've posted before I ordered 3rd week of January, loaded with kit. My dealer said several weeks ago that the factory considered it a priority as it was an early order. (large pinch of salt). I was told early August for possible movement on mine. I think there will have to be or....
SRGTD asked awhile ago if we'd consider cancelling our orders , and at the time I said no. I watch youtube vids to try and keep it relevant. However as time drags on I find I'm losing interest in the car. Shockingly worst experience I have ever had with VW.

SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

johnpolo2 wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:56 pm As I've posted before I ordered 3rd week of January, loaded with kit. My dealer said several weeks ago that the factory considered it a priority as it was an early order. (large pinch of salt). I was told early August for possible movement on mine. I think there will have to be or....
SRGTD asked awhile ago if we'd consider cancelling our orders , and at the time I said no. I watch youtube vids to try and keep it relevant. However as time drags on I find I'm losing interest in the car. Shockingly worst experience I have ever had with VW.

Hang in there John.

I know that’s easy for me to say as I’m not playing the (very long) waiting game. However, while you are waiting, your current Polo GTI is a great little car to use in the meantime - you’ve said in previous posts you’re happy with it, it’s been well behaved and hasn’t caused you any trouble. I seem to remember you also saying that there’s not anything out there that you’d jump ship for either. Bear in mind also that the price of your new car is frozen at the price you agreed with your dealer in Jan 2018, so you’re immune from any price increases.

When I played the VW waiting game for my last car (8 month wait when I was quoted an estimated 3.5 months), I got the dealer to coverage large chunk of my servicing and maintenance costs on my (then) current car (100% cost of a cam belt change and 50% of service and MOT costs) that I wouldn’t have incurred if it had been delivered on time. The dealer also honoured the agreed part ex price on my trade in. Maybe you can get your dealer to do likewise if your current car will need servicing and/or an MOT between now and when your new car arrives.

Let’s hope VW will up their game when the factory reopens and get some cars built - especially for those customers like yourself who’re experiencing the frustration and annoyance of excessively long waiting times.
PilotRoss91
New
Drives: '14 Fiesta ST - Polo GTI+ On Order

Post by PilotRoss91 »

My order number is now showing on the My VW app. I suppose that’s progress of sorts :D

Doesn’t show all my options ticked though...
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

If they are not all ticked, then your not going to get it in the near future, simple as that :(

Soon be on page 43 :roll:
PilotRoss91
New
Drives: '14 Fiesta ST - Polo GTI+ On Order

Post by PilotRoss91 »

I’ve ticked everything bar smokers pack, park assist and voice activation.
Chris001
New
Drives: GTi+ 2019

Post by Chris001 »

johnpolo2 wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:56 pm As I've posted before I ordered 3rd week of January, loaded with kit. My dealer said several weeks ago that the factory considered it a priority as it was an early order. (large pinch of salt). I was told early August for possible movement on mine. I think there will have to be or....

This is nearly word on word how I feel - order mine also 20/01/2108 spec'd up to be everything I want.
Cant get anything out of my dealer just keep getting pushed back to hopefully will know by such & such date.
Like you I am starting to lose momentum and enthusiasm watching YouTube reviews to try and remind myself about the supposed car I have ordered.
It is starting to feel like there is no light at the end of the tunnel, but having waited for so long already I do not want to cancel outright and make do with something else.
I think the only thing keeping me going is this forum and the info that everyone is contributing.

Must say (although pleased for you all) extremely jealous of those that have managed to receive their orders or have them on the water already (some even though ordered months later than my own). Hoping the wait will be worth it and the spec will not have been messed about too much (fearful how much equipment may be removed as standard between now and when ever it eventually gets built).
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

My dealer ordered a GTI+ before me when the orders opened I ordered on the 10 th Feb. He has no order number yet but mine is hopefully on the last pre WLTP shipload from Africa due at Vigo on the 13 th . I say hopefully because I was told previously it was on one of two ships in transit by VW but it was not. They are useless at passing on information so be prepared for ups and downs.
Fingers crossed for everyone in the same situation....and of course ME.
barton3112
New
Drives: Polo GTI

Post by barton3112 »

I have just been told that my Gti is in Germany, how long does it normally take to get to a UK dealer once the car is there?
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

barton3112 wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:40 pm I have just been told that my Gti is in Germany, how long does it normally take to get to a UK dealer once the car is there?
About 2 weeks, maybe 3 if they're not prioritising. Presumed breakdown - a few days waiting to go to Emden on the train, a few days wait in Emden to get the QC checks done, a few days back to port, 2 to 7 days wait to get on a ship, 24 hours sailing time to the UK, 2 to 7 days to move from UK port to dealership.

Presuming mine is in the same ship as Barry and Cadwest (all BW23 cars).

That Emden train embeds a lot of iron fallout in the paint from the tracks - and unlike an Emden built Golf, these Polos will be making 2 trips on those tracks - get some IronX or similar before you apply any waxes/sealants yourself.
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

Where does the train got from and to? I assumed the cars would be driven to some sort of checking facility at Emden dock?
Also what is IronX