New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Nora
Bronze Member
Drives: A polo

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by Nora »

It’s a good job I’m not going anywhere as I’m now officially car less for the next 6 days as I’ve just returned from dropping the car off at the detailers
Trantor
Getting There!
Drives: GTI+

Post by Trantor »

johnpolo2 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 6:01 am
Trantor wrote:For those still waiting, here's my ongoing tail of woe! Ordered new GTI+ mid June 2018. Up until this weekend the tracker has been showing "with the factory". Contacted dealer end of April for an update and told car should be built mid May. To my surprise, this weekend, I received a message from the tracker saying build week confirmed first week of June. An obvious date disparity so queried with dealer, who after contacting VW, called me back saying my car is actually in the process of being built. After a few whiffs of smelling salts I regained some composure :)

So, question I have from those who have recently endured the torture, and taken delivery of their new pride and joy, how long roughly will it take from build to actual delivery? I'm estimating 4-6 weeks.

Also, now the end is in sight, can anyone who has moved from the previous 6C GTI to the new one give any comparative comments. I'd be interested to know as I've yet to see one in the flesh, let alone test drive one! Am I nuts to have dumped this amount of cash on something I've never seen?
I hopefully get mine in a couple of weeks or so. I'm swapping my 6c GTI for the new version. Will be interesting how it compares, drive wise. I sat in a stock GTI last year but I haven't driven one.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Hopefully not too long to wait now. 😃 When you’ve had a chance to drive it for a while I’d be interested in any comparative insights you have. Thanks.
Bramcoteboy27
New
Drives: Waiting for gti+

Post by Bramcoteboy27 »

Love it well worth the wait
Nora
Bronze Member

Post by Nora »

I wrote down a list of what it’s cost me so far, inc the service plan etc. The figures are eye watering and I haven’t finished yet as I still have to factor in the cost of a set of tyres
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

It's only money.

Griff74
Silver Member
Drives: 2019 Polo GTi+ in Reef blue

Post by Griff74 »

So my car finally arrived in Emden yesterday lunch time, the City of Rotterdam (which does the Emden - Grimbsy run) docked there last night, I guess it would be wishful thinking for my car to have a fast turn around and be put on her................
Nora
Bronze Member

Post by Nora »

I know mine was a fast turnaround but I doubt that they will turn it around that quick, more likely it will be on the next crossing later in the week
johnpolo2 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 5:54 amIt's only money.
Yeah I know, I’d budgeted for the majority of them but it’s amazing how the cost of little things here and there soon stack up.
gonk1959
Bronze Member
Drives: 2016 Gti polo

Post by gonk1959 »

Martin-GTi wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 8:48 pm
Mike222 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:50 pm I am new here, currently driving golf 7 , ( the second ) I fancied a change ! Ordered polo gtl + on Monday 13th May, no one seems to know accurately when it will be here , I will pass on info on here when I get it . Meanwhile I have been reading reviews and watching YouTube videos about Polo GTI. That’s made the wait even more unbearable and it’s been less than a week !!!!!!!
Welcome Mike222. I ordered my GTI+ on 13th May too, but exactly one year before your order. I took delivery on 22nd March this year, so just over 10 months waiting. Reading the experiences of some members here, I definitely didn’t have the longest wait.

It seems VW are starting to get a little more on top of production - there was a long pause for WLTP compliance, so hopefully yours will be delivered quicker.

Now I have the car, I fully agree with peeceeuk- it is worth the wait and I absolutely love driving it, especially now it’s run in.
Mines been 14 months wait. Finally picking up tomorrow eve.
gonk1959
Bronze Member

Post by gonk1959 »

SRGTD wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:44 pm
barrywi wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:01 pm He said the Polo Gti is made in South Africa but then goes to Germany for inspection before uk delivery, so I am not sure how long that would take.
Interesting.

http://www.carmag.co.za/news_post/vw-fi ... ilt-in-sa/

All variants of the previous Polo GTI model were built in Spain. According to VW website, cars built in South Africa take around 6 weeks to reach the UK dealer.
The tracker also says 4 weeks from build in progress to delivery....take it with a pinch of salt. Mine took 11 weeks to arrive.
gonk1959
Bronze Member

Post by gonk1959 »

gonk1959 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:04 am
Martin-GTi wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 8:48 pm
Mike222 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:50 pm I am new here, currently driving golf 7 , ( the second ) I fancied a change ! Ordered polo gtl + on Monday 13th May, no one seems to know accurately when it will be here , I will pass on info on here when I get it . Meanwhile I have been reading reviews and watching YouTube videos about Polo GTI. That’s made the wait even more unbearable and it’s been less than a week !!!!!!!
Welcome Mike222. I ordered my GTI+ on 13th May too, but exactly one year before your order. I took delivery on 22nd March this year, so just over 10 months waiting. Reading the experiences of some members here, I definitely didn’t have the longest wait.

It seems VW are starting to get a little more on top of production - there was a long pause for WLTP compliance, so hopefully yours will be delivered quicker.

Now I have the car, I fully agree with peeceeuk- it is worth the wait and I absolutely love driving it, especially now it’s run in.
Mines been 14 months wait. Finally picking up tomorrow eve.
another update...the pain seems never ending. Was told by way of compensation that I would get my years free insurance that I was told I would get when I ordered car last March and only to have it pulled from under my feet because of a mistake.
Been told AGAIN TODAY. No free insurance despite being told only a week ago I would get it. I feel like spitting teeth. I can honestly say after this fiasco with VW. I certainly will not buy another.
Dealer tells me to ring a number and quote dealer code and car reg. So I rings and gets some idiot telling me they dont do free insurance on their range. Told him I was looking at the page right now and besides, why would my dealer ask me to ring?? All I got from this idiot was "well we don't so get back to your dealer and good luck with that" They honestly dont know their asses from their elbows. They assume too much but know very little. So now my dealership are waiting to hear back from VW Uk to find out what they are going to offer me as compensation. Car will sit at theirs now until I am satisfied. Waited far too long to be worried about it now.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

@gonk1959; you’ll have been speaking to the call centre of the insurer who underwrites VW free insurance, so on this occasion it’s not VW but the insurance company who’ll be the cause of your frustration.

Bearing in mind free insurance hadn’t been available on the GTI or GTI+ for some time (was it ever available on these models?), it’d be interesting to know whether your dealer agreed to offer 12 months free insurance by way of compensation off their own backs without first checking with their underwriters that they would honour providing cover as a one-off, or if it was agreed by the underwriters who have since changed their minds. I suspect it was the former, and the fact that the dealer asked you to contact the underwriter’s call centre direct rather than sorting this out for you suggests they’re trying to wash their hands of it.

Hopefully it gets sorted to your satisfaction.
johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

In the early days I can remember my dealership talking about compensation from VW for the ridiculously long wait. Then they went quiet on it.
It was then up to the individual to argue their corner and get whatever they could from them for whatever.
I don't hold VW in general in high regard.

gonk1959
Bronze Member

Post by gonk1959 »

SRGTD wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:17 pm @gonk1959; you’ll have been speaking to the call centre of the insurer who underwrites VW free insurance, so on this occasion it’s not VW but the insurance company who’ll be the cause of your frustration.

Bearing in mind free insurance hadn’t been available on the GTI or GTI+ for some time (was it ever available on these models?), it’d be interesting to know whether your dealer agreed to offer 12 months free insurance by way of compensation off their own backs without first checking with their underwriters that they would honour providing cover as a one-off, or if it was agreed by the underwriters who have since changed their minds. I suspect it was the former, and the fact that the dealer asked you to contact the underwriter’s call centre direct rather than sorting this out for you suggests they’re trying to wash their hands of it.

Hopefully it gets sorted to your satisfaction.
Hi SRGTD
This is why I am sooo angry. Back in March 2018 I was told YES free insurance. The guy that sold me the car didnt realize it did dot apply to the GTI model. So I had to swallow it. Moving on 13 months. I approached them again about compensation and suggested they pulled a few strings and had a chat to their higher power to honour the free insurance they had taken away from me the yr before. My dealer came back and said yes they would, you have your free insurance. You are correct. He did NOT check first before offering it again. He just assumed because free insurance was available to polo models from a certain time period? It included mine. He never checked first. So I been let down again. Yes agreed. I thought it odd he asked me to call them. They are full of s**t
johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

Just received 5c notification. And the sun is out. Better than a poke in the eye .

Griff74
Silver Member
Drives: 2019 Polo GTi+ in Reef blue

Post by Griff74 »

johnpolo2 wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:09 am Just received 5c notification. And the sun is out. Better than a poke in the eye .

Congrats, not long now then!

I got my 5b notification this morning so my car is at least confirmed in Emden (I already knew that cos my dealer emailed me a screenshot of the VW system yesterday).