New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by RUM4MO »

silverhairs, so you really really have placed an order for a Polo now?

Non European small cars, I can sort of see the appeal, maybe, as some of them are exempt from these new regs I think due to agreed limitation of market penetration, Suzuki is one - remember not to poison anyone that is buying a full compliant car.
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

I'm not trying to poison any bodies mind, you pay your money you make your own decision, of what you or your wife drives around in.
I placed my order early May, so why you should be surprised beats me? The only thing that really beats me, is the way VW are treating their new awaiting customers? There are members who have placed orders, and by the time they receive their Polo's they'll have a 19 plate !!!

Funny you should mention the Suzuki, I was really looking at them before the Polo,
I had a drive in my mates 2017 GTI and was impressed. I realised that why would I want a GTI, I'm not a boy racer anymore, but the main driver (Mrs) wants it mainly for shopping. We only do about 4,500 a year total, I know the acceleration is good with a GTI, but a 115 BHP motor would do what we want, so I went for that.

Now the Suzuki Vitara has the (as standard) adaptive cruise control and rear view camera, two of the extra's I spec'd for my Polo, it may be a bit pricier than the Polo, but I feel it's worth it. Even on "Carwow" they cannot get much of a discount on the Suzuki, I wonder why?

As I said about the rear seat belt problem, if there's one chink in VW armour, and If there is a loophole, I'll try it.

As for your worries about strange noises from the engine or gearbox, whether it be DSG or manual, has never been mentioned in this forum so far, VW have been in production for long enough to have sorted out them problems, it's up to you to treat your new engine and gearbox with respect, if you want to keep it for a few years.
Dark_cze
Silver Member
Drives: AW GTI with MT

Post by Dark_cze »

Still waiting for my white polo GTI but I made render with black panel above front grill. What do you think guys?
Attachments
frontXXL.png
albob
Bronze Member
Drives: BlueGT

Post by albob »

DaRk - I like it..
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

Looks better. Have said before how the plastic strip looks wrong.
VW need to work on the rear of the car too. Personally I think the rear lights are marginally too small for the widened back end.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

Dark_cze
Silver Member
Drives: AW GTI with MT

Post by Dark_cze »

Hopefuly it will arrive at least before year 2020 :lol:
PoloBlueGT
Bronze Member
Drives: Landrover Freelander

Post by PoloBlueGT »

RUM4MO wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:21 am silverhairs, so you really really have placed an order for a Polo now?

Non European small cars, I can sort of see the appeal, maybe, as some of them are exempt from these new regs I think due to agreed limitation of market penetration, Suzuki is one - remember not to poison anyone that is buying a full compliant car.
To be fair silverhairs I was surprised you had ordered as your profile still seems to say ‘waiting to order soon’. It may be an idea to update to stop any confusion.
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

If you had read through the posts in general, When I log on, I see what new posts have been posted (in red) On page one of the "what have you and your Polo done today?" you would have seen my Polo has moved up to box 3 (with the factory) and I've had a build date of 29/10/2018.

But to be honest, I've lost interest and enthusiasm with anything to do with the Polo.
MattHGR
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI+

Post by MattHGR »

Nice to see Polo showing up on WLTP list now.
If you open the pricelist link, the emissions are showing as TBA for GTi, so it's not quite ready yet though.
At least some Polo models are getting certified !Image
allye
Getting There!
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Post by allye »

It may be me but there but I do not see a configurator for the Polo on the VW website. There is for the UP
MattHGR
Bronze Member

Post by MattHGR »

allye wrote:It may be me but there but I do not see a configurator for the Polo on the VW website. There is for the UP
I noticed that earlier. Thought I was just going mad !
albob
Bronze Member
Drives: BlueGT

Post by albob »

so did I -- it has gone for all the cars except the up..

sometimes I get the message "page under maintenance, try again later" , sometimes not
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

http://inside.volkswagen.com/New-WLTP-T ... enges.html

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Post by barrywi »

Just had the free 1000 mile check on my gti plus. Everything ok.....surprise surprise!👍
Got a free wash, cleaned the front carpets and a free coffee with my dealer friend.
Tech people could not find a way of stopping the stupid “ Mr VW thinks it is dark, turn on your headlights or you vill be shot at dawn” message coming on when it is daylight. And before you moan that I could leave the lights on auto , I do not want to do that! Maybe there is a way using the VW only menus??
They have lifted up the drivers side headlamp beam to its legal max to improve headlamp cover on dipped, at my request.
They said the led headlamps are sealed, so no individual led bulb replacement, new headlamp needed. It is however covered under the three year warranty.
Whispered rumour from the dealer that the company that does the WLTP tests for VW has been nicked by Porsche but as they are the same group I think that is unlikely.
MattHGR
Bronze Member

Post by MattHGR »

Can you not raise the dipped beam angle using a dial / button in the car ? Or was that already done and you needed more ?

Also, with the auto lights problem, do the dipped beams come on during the day or does Mr VW just get a little confused with the evening light?