New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Nora
Bronze Member
Drives: A polo

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by Nora »

I feel like my legs have been taken away from me as I’m not getting the car back until Thursday lunchtime, I actually looked out the window last night and instinctively looked for the car, and for a moment I thought someone had nicked it, then my memory of where it is kicked in. :oops:
gonk1959
Bronze Member
Drives: 2016 Gti polo

Post by gonk1959 »

gonk1959 wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 7:31 am
SRGTD wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:17 pm @gonk1959; you’ll have been speaking to the call centre of the insurer who underwrites VW free insurance, so on this occasion it’s not VW but the insurance company who’ll be the cause of your frustration.

Bearing in mind free insurance hadn’t been available on the GTI or GTI+ for some time (was it ever available on these models?), it’d be interesting to know whether your dealer agreed to offer 12 months free insurance by way of compensation off their own backs without first checking with their underwriters that they would honour providing cover as a one-off, or if it was agreed by the underwriters who have since changed their minds. I suspect it was the former, and the fact that the dealer asked you to contact the underwriter’s call centre direct rather than sorting this out for you suggests they’re trying to wash their hands of it.

Hopefully it gets sorted to your satisfaction.
Hi SRGTD
This is why I am sooo angry. Back in March 2018 I was told YES free insurance. The guy that sold me the car didnt realize it did dot apply to the GTI model. So I had to swallow it. Moving on 13 months. I approached them again about compensation and suggested they pulled a few strings and had a chat to their higher power to honour the free insurance they had taken away from me the yr before. My dealer came back and said yes they would, you have your free insurance. You are correct. He did NOT check first before offering it again. He just assumed because free insurance was available to polo models from a certain time period? It included mine. He never checked first. So I been let down again. Yes agreed. I thought it odd he asked me to call them. They are full of s**t
update : call this moring from Dealer. VW have agreed to pay £500 for my insurance. Back on track and picking her up tonight at 5pm :D
Griff74
Silver Member
Drives: 2019 Polo GTi+ in Reef blue

Post by Griff74 »

That's good going Gonk, well done!! :D
Nora
Bronze Member

Post by Nora »

£500 would be best part of 2yrs Insurance for me.
When I changed the car they charged me an extra £37, and £20 of that was “administration fee”
gonk1959
Bronze Member

Post by gonk1959 »

Griff74 wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:32 am That's good going Gonk, well done!! :D
Thanks Griff74
will upload some pics later.
gonk1959
Bronze Member

Post by gonk1959 »

Trantor wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 5:32 pm
johnpolo2 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 6:01 am
Trantor wrote:For those still waiting, here's my ongoing tail of woe! Ordered new GTI+ mid June 2018. Up until this weekend the tracker has been showing "with the factory". Contacted dealer end of April for an update and told car should be built mid May. To my surprise, this weekend, I received a message from the tracker saying build week confirmed first week of June. An obvious date disparity so queried with dealer, who after contacting VW, called me back saying my car is actually in the process of being built. After a few whiffs of smelling salts I regained some composure :)

So, question I have from those who have recently endured the torture, and taken delivery of their new pride and joy, how long roughly will it take from build to actual delivery? I'm estimating 4-6 weeks.

Also, now the end is in sight, can anyone who has moved from the previous 6C GTI to the new one give any comparative comments. I'd be interested to know as I've yet to see one in the flesh, let alone test drive one! Am I nuts to have dumped this amount of cash on something I've never seen?
I hopefully get mine in a couple of weeks or so. I'm swapping my 6c GTI for the new version. Will be interesting how it compares, drive wise. I sat in a stock GTI last year but I haven't driven one.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Hopefully not too long to wait now. 😃 When you’ve had a chance to drive it for a while I’d be interested in any comparative insights you have. Thanks.
Hi Trantor
I been assured the wait will be worth it...I pick mine up tonight. The tracker said said delivery approx 4 weeks after build to delivery..mine was built in week 11 and now we are week 21. I ordered mine last March.
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

Car gets into Grimsby tonight on the City of Rotterdam. Getting there!

Griff74
Silver Member

Post by Griff74 »

johnpolo2 wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:39 pm Car gets into Grimsby tonight on the City of Rotterdam. Getting there!

Our cars must have crossed paths at Emden, mine being unloaded while yours was loaded! lol
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

Griff74 wrote:
johnpolo2 wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:39 pm Car gets into Grimsby tonight on the City of Rotterdam. Getting there!

Our cars must have crossed paths at Emden, mine being unloaded while yours was loaded! lol
[emoji106]

E10
New
Drives: Audi A3 Limousine 1.4 S-line

Post by E10 »

Some Dutch info: GTI (DSG / white / 18" / pano / AID / nav / and more) ordered last week. Received delivery indication for second week of january.
Trantor
Getting There!
Drives: GTI+

Post by Trantor »

gonk1959 wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:57 am
gonk1959 wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 7:31 am
SRGTD wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:17 pm @gonk1959; you’ll have been speaking to the call centre of the insurer who underwrites VW free insurance, so on this occasion it’s not VW but the insurance company who’ll be the cause of your frustration.

Bearing in mind free insurance hadn’t been available on the GTI or GTI+ for some time (was it ever available on these models?), it’d be interesting to know whether your dealer agreed to offer 12 months free insurance by way of compensation off their own backs without first checking with their underwriters that they would honour providing cover as a one-off, or if it was agreed by the underwriters who have since changed their minds. I suspect it was the former, and the fact that the dealer asked you to contact the underwriter’s call centre direct rather than sorting this out for you suggests they’re trying to wash their hands of it.

Hopefully it gets sorted to your satisfaction.
Hi SRGTD
This is why I am sooo angry. Back in March 2018 I was told YES free insurance. The guy that sold me the car didnt realize it did dot apply to the GTI model. So I had to swallow it. Moving on 13 months. I approached them again about compensation and suggested they pulled a few strings and had a chat to their higher power to honour the free insurance they had taken away from me the yr before. My dealer came back and said yes they would, you have your free insurance. You are correct. He did NOT check first before offering it again. He just assumed because free insurance was available to polo models from a certain time period? It included mine. He never checked first. So I been let down again. Yes agreed. I thought it odd he asked me to call them. They are full of s**t
update : call this moring from Dealer. VW have agreed to pay £500 for my insurance. Back on track and picking her up tonight at 5pm :D
I took delivery of my 6C GTI in Oct 2016 and came with 1 year free via VW Insurance. Out of curiosity just taken a look here https://insurewithvolkswagen.co.uk/polo and states free insurance "Available on new Polos ordered from 3rd April to 1st July 2018 and registered by 30th June 2019 for residents of England, Scotland and Wales." but unfortunately the small print adds "Excludes Polo GTI and Polo GTI+ models". :cry:
Nora
Bronze Member

Post by Nora »

An unexpected surprise today when the guy doing the detailing phoned and said my car was ready, so I headed over to collect it and I’m impressed with the results, the car can be seen atm on the whitedetails Instagram page 8)
fazzy
Bronze Member
Drives: GTi++/TT/TDi/190E

Post by fazzy »

After 1 year, 3 months and 26 days since placing the order, the car has arrived at the dealer.....
Now waiting for registration and insurance.
C3D944AE-608D-4339-B4E1-E875C3767548.jpeg
E3A8C575-4255-421C-B292-6FFD55C40132.jpeg
JDMordicant
New
Drives: GTI 6c 1.8 TSI DSG 2016

Post by JDMordicant »

Ooo shiny, looks great in the red!
Griff74
Silver Member

Post by Griff74 »

The City of Sunderland currently docking at Emden, hopefully she will be picking up my car and anyone elses that is sat waiting for a lift to Grimsby!