New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by barrywi »

I am starting a new thread " GTI and GTI+ owners experiences" so that people who have got theirs can relay what they think and make it easier for owners in waiting to acquire " The Knowledge" .
I hope this makes sense, keeping fingers crossed for mine to start building next Monday!
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

Just checking on vehicle transport ships near port elizabeth and the only one I can find is the Mermaid Ace which arrives at ZA ELS at 0400 on the 25 th. Not sure if this is Port Elizabeth but if it is it could be the one to bring my GTI to me....IF...lots of ifs.
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

Just checked and the port the ship,is going to is east london so not sure if vw use that port?
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

barrywi wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 4:43 pm Just checking on vehicle transport ships near port elizabeth and the only one I can find is the Mermaid Ace which arrives at ZA ELS at 0400 on the 25 th. Not sure if this is Port Elizabeth but if it is it could be the one to bring my GTI to me....IF...lots of ifs.
ZA ELS is East London. Port Elizabeth is ZA PLZ
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

barrywi wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 4:43 pm Just checking on vehicle transport ships near port elizabeth and the only one I can find is the Mermaid Ace which arrives at ZA ELS at 0400 on the 25 th. Not sure if this is Port Elizabeth but if it is it could be the one to bring my GTI to me....IF...lots of ifs.
what was your build week. They seem to take 1 1/2 to 2 weeks to build currently. My build week was 9 April car was finished being shipped by the 17 April missed the ship that left that Thursday and was put on a ship the following Thursday. it arrived in the UK a week ago, Sheerness, as far as I know is sitting there now. I have arranged to go into dealer on Friday this week to complete all the paper work, pay etc then its just a question of waiting for them to get the car then prep it and me to collect. So in total about 8-9 weeks from build week to collection.
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

My build week is 22... Next monday so hopefully it can be made before the factory closes after week 24. Perhaps I am getting excited too early?
alandbess
Bronze Member
Drives: Scirocco

Post by alandbess »

barrywi wrote:My build week is 22... Next monday so hopefully it can be made before the factory closes after week 24. Perhaps I am getting excited too early?
I knkw you've probably already said, but when did you place your order?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

Feb 10th but salesman said he had already got an order in for the car as his demo and spec I wanted so I could take that over. Not sure whether this actually happened or if he just put a new order in. Hope that helps.
alandbess
Bronze Member
Drives: Scirocco

Post by alandbess »

barrywi wrote:Feb 10th but salesman said he had already got an order in for the car as his demo and spec I wanted so I could take that over. Not sure whether this actually happened or if he just put a new order in. Hope that helps.
Thanks barrywi. There's doesn't seem any rhyme or reason to the order in which build weeks are allocated....
You can't even get an explanation from VWUK

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

I will believe my GTI is built only when it arrives at the dealers, hopefully before 2019!!
MrLems
New
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by MrLems »

Velodyne1200 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 9:53 pm MrLems:

Nice one - what spec did you end up going for? I had to compromise by getting a standard car in White. It still looks good though - can't wait until Friday.
GTI+ Pure white with black roof pack
18" Brescia alloys
Winter pack
Rear view camera
Discover navigation pack

You must be one of the first to collect a GTI - enjoy it!
Velodyne1200
New
Drives: VW Polo GTI+

Post by Velodyne1200 »

MrLems wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 7:30 pm

Nice one - what spec did you end up going for? I had to compromise by getting a standard car in White. It still looks good though - can't wait until Friday.
18" Brescia alloys
Winter pack
Rear view camera
Discover navigation pack

Cracking spec - the 18" Brescia alloys look great in photographs - enjoy
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

MrLems wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 7:30 pm

18" Brescia alloys
Winter pack
Rear view camera
Discover navigation pack

Very nice spec. I know your going enjoy, so working on your build week of next week you are looking at an end July collection, assuming it is that are you going to collect end July or wait until the 68 plate? I guess either way the car will be the same age personally I would just collect but I know the newest plate means a lot to some people. I don't think it effects the eventual sales value ? does anyone know if resale values are greater for a car that is the same age just on a 68 plate as opposed to one registered 4 weeks earlier on a 18 plate?
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

mike sel wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 5:45 am does anyone know if resale values are greater for a car that is the same age just on a 68 plate as opposed to one registered 4 weeks earlier on a 18 plate?
There probably will be a difference in resale value, but I doubt it will be much; probably a few hundred pounds.

When the time comes to sell in, say, 3-4 years time I’d say that condition, mileage, spec and service history would be of greater significance to most prospective buyers than whether a car is a July/August 18 plate or September 68 plate.
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Depends when you sell it or who you p/x it to. In 2 or 3 years time there'll be a grand in it between the 2 plates if selling privately, at 5 years old, mileage and condition are more important.

If you're p/xing against another VW at 3 or 4 years old, it shouldn't matter as GFV is not influenced by plate changes.

To a private buyer though, an August 18 plate car is going to look as old as a March 18 plate and the difference between the 2 is going to be smaller than the plate change difference.

Expect to lose £3k a year from RRP in private sale for a 2 to 3 year old car, a Sep 18 (68 plate) car will be worth £1500 more than a March 18 (18 plate) car, an Aug 18 (18 plate) car will only be worth £500 more than the March one.

Personally, i'd wait, and I will be for mine.