New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
peeceeuk
Bronze Member
Drives: Snazzy red GTi

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by peeceeuk »

Email, text and app update now to show build week w/c 11th March.
My dealer told me the same some time before Christmas but I've just got the notifications today.
EmmaBx
New
Drives: GTI

Post by EmmaBx »

Email and text to say confirmed build week of 11/03 too.
I ordered GTI+ I’m black with Brescias.

VW chat said it can take up to 11 weeks for it to arrive at the dealership, tbh I was hoping it was around 8 weeks :(
roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

Post by roywolfey »

EmmaBx wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:37 pm Email and text to say confirmed build week of 11/03 too.

VW chat said it can take up to 11 weeks for it to arrive at the dealership, tbh I was hoping it was around 8 weeks :(
Up to 11 Weeks sounds very conservative. It was just over 7 Weeks from build week to delivery for mine.. https://www.uk-polos.net/viewtopic.php? ... 62#p538253
EmmaBx
New
Drives: GTI

Post by EmmaBx »

roywolfey wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:42 pm
EmmaBx wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:37 pm Email and text to say confirmed build week of 11/03 too.

Up to 11 Weeks sounds very conservative. It was just over 7 Weeks from build week to delivery for mine.. https://www.uk-polos.net/viewtopic.php? ... 62#p538253
Hoping it’s around the same for mine then. VW probably covering themselves by telling me the longest case scenarios but here’s what she said to me;
Can wait at the factory up to 2 weeks
Can wait up to 15 working days at the port
Ship to Germany takes up to 4 weeks
Can wait at the German port for up to 15 working days
Once arrived it can take between 7-10 working days to reach the dealer.
MattHGR
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI+

Post by MattHGR »

UK ports could be a shambles march and April. Maybe we will get lucky in May and not get delays ?
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Mine (and BarryWi's) were BW23 last year (week 23 starting 3rd June) and I had mine delivered up country from the broker dealership on 1st Aug. Had it been a local dealership to me, i'd have had it 5 days earlier. 7 weeks from BW to delivery is possible.

Out of curiosity,, with all these early March build weeks being confirmed, I rang VW Customer services today to ask about an unconfirmed build week forecast.

Emphasis on unconfirmed made a few times, but the rep stated BW12 - W/C 19 March. Maybe I'll get a confirmation next week for our second Polo GTI+, Pure white with Brescias and deep iron dash pads - in hindsight would've preferred velvet red as my Flash Red GTI has. Looks like the manual or DSG contemplation is possibly going to be over next week, as the manual option still hasn't materialised for the UK.

Seems a long campaign of RHS GTIs.
Last edited by monkeyhanger on Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

MattHGR wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:01 pm UK ports could be a shambles march and April. Maybe we will get lucky in May and not get delays ?
If Brexit causes port issues from EU destinations we might just get them shipped from SA to UK, bypassing Enden in Germany altogether. Not going to happen. Germany wants to keep selling German cars to it's biggest single European consumer (the UK), whether we've got a soft Brexit or a hard Brexit.
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

monkeyhanger wrote:Mine (and BarryWi's) were BW23 last year (week 23 starting 3rd June) and I had mine delivered up country from the broker dealership on 1st Aug. Had it been a local dealership to me, i'd have had it 5 days earlier. 7 weeks from BW to delivery is possible.

Out of curiosity,, with all these early March build weeks being confirmed, I rang VW Customer services today to ask about an unconfirmed build week forecast.

Emphasis on unconfirmed made a few times, but the rep stated BW12 - W/C 19 March. Maybe I'll get a confirmation next week for our second Polo GTI+, Pure white with Brescias and deep iron dash pads - in hindsight would've preferred velvet red as my Flash Red GTI has. Looks like the manual or DSG contemplation is possibly going to be over next week, as the manual option still hasn't materialised for the UK.

Seems a long campaign of RHS GTIs.
How crazy is that. You get a second car built before I get my first. Thanks VW. Great system they have in place.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

rooneys
New
Drives: Golf gtd

Post by rooneys »

I've got a build date of week commencing 21.1.19.
Has anyone else? Hoping it's not put back again. It's a year since I ordered.
New-gti-guy
New
Drives: 1.6

Post by New-gti-guy »

I got end of March build and delivery by early May.
Seems lots of cars here being built in March
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

New-gti-guy wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:37 pm I got end of March build and delivery by early May.
Seems lots of cars here being built in March
Is that confirmed with a tracker stage 3 status or estimated after ringing up VW UK or getting your dealer to check?

I don't think you'll get it made and delivered inside 5 weeks if you're in mainland Europe or the UK.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

johnpolo2 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:41 pm How crazy is that. You get a second car built before I get my first. Thanks VW. Great system they have in place.

There's no rhyme or reason to the schedule that I can fathom, especially having waited 8.5 months for a Golf R that others were waiting only 3 months for.

Dealership allocation does figure in on it for cars VW deems low volume (usually the performance models of Golf stay limited in allocation for 18 months - I'd imagine Polo GTI fits that status currently). If your dealership is only allocated 6 GTIs a year and you've got the 7th on order, you will be waiting a year for it.

To be fair though, GTI number one was an allocation grab for a Polo already scheduled for build - no idea when the original order was placed for it.

Brescias do not seem to be holding GTIs up.

What's your model/spec Johnpolo?
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

monkeyhanger wrote:
johnpolo2 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:41 pm How crazy is that. You get a second car built before I get my first. Thanks VW. Great system they have in place.

There's no rhyme or reason to the schedule that I can fathom, especially having waited 8.5 months for a Golf R that others were waiting only 3 months for.

Dealership allocation does figure in on it for cars VW deems low volume (usually the performance models of Golf stay limited in allocation for 18 months - I'd imagine Polo GTI fits that status currently). If your dealership is only allocated 6 GTIs a year and you've got the 7th on order, you will be waiting a year for it.

To be fair though, GTI number one was an allocation grab for a Polo already scheduled for build - no idea when the original order was placed for it.

GTI +
Winter pack
Rear view camera
Climate control
Park assist
Blind spot monitoring
Panoramic sunroof
Sat nav
Limestone grey
Wireless charging (no longer available)
Brescia wheels

EmiLiuZ
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI 2,0 DSG

Post by EmiLiuZ »

my local dealer in Denmark just informed that a huge batch (incl. mine) has just arrived in Germany.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

johnpolo2 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:30 am
monkeyhanger wrote:

GTI +
Winter pack
Rear view camera
Climate control
Park assist
Blind spot monitoring
Panoramic sunroof
Sat nav
Limestone grey
Wireless charging (no longer available)
Brescia wheels

It'll be the sunroof holding yours up - different bodyshell configuration means setting up the line and running a campaign. The sunroof bits themselves always seem in short supply on Golf's too. For such an uncommon extra that always causes delays, not sure why VW don't drop the option.