New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
alandbess
Bronze Member
Drives: Scirocco

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by alandbess »

silverhairs wrote:
alandbess wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:33 am
silverhairs wrote:Reply to your question 1.
I ordered mine on 23rd May 2018. I got an email from the dealers telling me that my build date will be week 45 which is week starting 5th November 2018.
You might be lucky for to get it by late January 2019. Even on the tracker it's only in box 2. The orders reached the factory
@silverhairs How did you get that info from your dealer?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
The sales guy who dealt with my purchase sent me an email, it was one of them selfie type emails (not my style really) but said that they have been told that my Polo build week was week 45
Thanks @silverhairs. My sales agent called me today, and told me that I still hadn't had a build week confirmed (tell me something I didn't know) but said as I'd ordered in March that it wouldn't be too long after the factory reopened. But a bonus was that they do have a GTI stock vehicle, and if not sold by 15th August I can test drive it.

MattHGR
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI+

Post by MattHGR »

Do we know when the factory is back open? 2 weeks?
alandbess
Bronze Member

Post by alandbess »

MattHGR wrote:Do we know when the factory is back open? 2 weeks?
Next week I've been told

Chris001
New
Drives: GTi+ 2019

Post by Chris001 »

Regardless of when the factory does eventually re-open, does anyone know exactly where we are in regards to the WLTP tests on the GTi (have they been completed)?

I assume until these are completed they will not start building anyway?
alandbess
Bronze Member

Post by alandbess »

Some WLTP info

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/uk.mobil ... KKCN1J42AI

barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Post by barrywi »

Chris001 wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:40 pm Regardless of when the factory does eventually re-open, does anyone know exactly where we are in regards to the WLTP tests on the GTi (have they been completed)?

From my experience with VW I doubt whether they know either, or am I being cynical?
The only good news is that my gti is great, very happy.
Chris001
New
Drives: GTi+ 2019

Post by Chris001 »

barrywi wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:51 pm
Chris001 wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:40 pm Regardless of when the factory does eventually re-open, does anyone know exactly where we are in regards to the WLTP tests on the GTi (have they been completed)?

From my experience with VW I doubt whether they know either, or am I being cynical?
The only good news is that my gti is great, very happy.
Glad its great barrywi - I think the prospect that its going to be a great little motor is the only thing keeping me going and not pulling out.

Now up to week 29 since ordered - the wait continues.......
Nora
Bronze Member
Drives: A polo

Post by Nora »

I don’t know if any polos are on the car carrier “Gran Bretagne”, but I’m sat 200m away parked up, looking at the vessel while its docked at Southampton. The sight of dozens of cars sat on the open top deck makes me wonder how exposed they are to the elements while in transit.
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

I think the long distance carriers are totally enclosed, maybe that one was only going ashort distance.
Nora
Bronze Member
Drives: A polo

Post by Nora »

The Gran Bretagne is fully enclosed, it seems strange to see cars on the very top
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

I think they were VW High UPs :D
jylydesign
Getting There!
Drives: GTI+ on order

Post by jylydesign »

My car, which was supposed to be delivered on the 27th July, is still sitting at the dealers waiting for a part from South Africa on 'back order'. That's as much info as I can get so methinks is going to be a long wait... [emoji35] At least I have free motoring in a hire car that's about the only plus

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

jylydesign wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:31 pm My car, which was supposed to be delivered on the 27th July, is still sitting at the dealers waiting for a part from South Africa on 'back order'. That's as much info as I can get so methinks is going to be a long wait... [emoji35] At least I have free motoring in a hire car that's about the only plus

I take it that the car isn't registered to you yet? If they won't register it to you until it's fixed and Aug 15th comes before the fix, what will they do? Register it themselves before the date and try to sell it to you as "pre-registered" when fixed? If they do that i'd angling for at least another £1500 off.
jylydesign
Getting There!
Drives: GTI+ on order

Post by jylydesign »

I am pretty sure it won't be fixed before August 15th but the car is already registered to the lease company anyway as I ordered on PCH. So I don't have much leg to stand on

allye
Getting There!
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Post by allye »

Just got the latest Autoexpress. They test Fiesta, Mini and Polo. No surprise the Polo came last. But then again you can buy the Ford and Mini now and get them this year. The Polo well if ordered now might be here before the end of the decade!!!!! :)