New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by johnpolo2 »

Happy anniversary. It's one year today that I ordered the GTI+. I realise the plus stands for delay.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

Post by roywolfey »

monkeyhanger wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:51 pm
roywolfey wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:20 pm
Troyj369 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:32 am My Polo GTI arrived in the uk today, does anyone know how long it takes till handover now, I was told should be ready next week but they have lied so many times already don’t know what to believe
Mine was:
Arrived Sheerness 01/07/2018
Arrived Dealership 10/07/2018
Delivery 13/07/2018
I think Barry got his less than a week after it landed at port. Mine took 9 days from port landing to in my hand, and if it hadn't required me booking a delivery slot for having it delivered by trailer from Nuneaton to Tyneside, i'd have had it 4 days quicker.

Sometimes cars sit at port for up to a few weeks. In the current climate where dealerships have seen a WLTP famine in car sales, i'd expect VW to not make them wait any longer than is necessary to get them to the customer and get paid.
Not sure how true this is but the impression I get is that if your car lands at Tyne or Grimbsby, there’s also a better chance of it arriving at the dealership quicker than if it landed at Sheerness.
roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

Post by roywolfey »

johnpolo2 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:18 am Happy anniversary. It's one year today that I ordered the GTI+. I realise the plus stands for delay.

Happy Anniversary. We should have a separate who’s waited the longest thread.
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

roywolfey wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:50 am
monkeyhanger wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:51 pm
roywolfey wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:20 pm
Mine was:
Arrived Sheerness 01/07/2018
Arrived Dealership 10/07/2018
Delivery 13/07/2018
I think Barry got his less than a week after it landed at port. Mine took 9 days from port landing to in my hand, and if it hadn't required me booking a delivery slot for having it delivered by trailer from Nuneaton to Tyneside, i'd have had it 4 days quicker.

Sometimes cars sit at port for up to a few weeks. In the current climate where dealerships have seen a WLTP famine in car sales, i'd expect VW to not make them wait any longer than is necessary to get them to the customer and get paid.
Not sure how true this is but the impression I get is that if your car lands at Tyne or Grimbsby, there’s also a better chance of it arriving at the dealership quicker than if it landed at Sheerness.
Tyneside, for sure. Most of my 9 VWs bought from new have been for Benfield Newcastle or Pulman Sunderland, and they've all been delivered from dock to dealership in less than 4 days.

Grimsby and Sheerness up to 2 weeks according to Golf for United. Not lately though, much quicker for my Grimsby delivered Polo GTI+ last Summer.
rooneys
New
Drives: Golf gtd

Post by rooneys »

roywolfey wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:51 am
johnpolo2 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:18 am Happy anniversary. It's one year today that I ordered the GTI+. I realise the plus stands for delay.

Happy Anniversary. We should have a separate who’s waited the longest thread.
I win I think. 12th January.
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Post by barrywi »

And your prize will be .....
The last Polo Gti made before they introduce the 2020 model due in the UK in 2049 when all internal combustion engines will be banned!
Seriously I will apologise on behalf of VW management getting their revenge on us for daring to ( Try , possibly , maybe) leave the EU.
johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

Rather silly of VW trying that one, foot and shooting oneself in, come to mind. Germany close to recession too.
Would think that they need all the money they can get from little England and others.[emoji6]

Nora
Bronze Member
Drives: A polo

Post by Nora »

Back in April I received a letter from the dealer about the emissions
the new test regime called “Worldwide Harmonised Light Vehicle Test Proceedure (WLPT) is being phased in to replace the current “New European Driving Cycle (NEDC)”, this May result in an increase in the fuel consumption and/or CO2 emissions figures that where provide to you when you ordered your vehicle, and therefore may effect the level of excise duty that you pay.
It goes on to say
As the fuel consumption and CO2 emission figures from the WLPT may not be available for the vehicle you have ordered, we are not able to provide you with them. Therefore at the present time, and in line with the regulations, we can only provide the current official figures for the model you have ordered, as determined in accordance with the NEDC
Yesterday I emailed the dealer to ask them for a update on the above and all they could say was they ran the spec through the vw configuration and there’s been no changes. However this reply doesn’t answer my question about the letter, so I may need to pay them a visit to push them for clarification
gnome
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI Plus

Post by gnome »

Just got a text and the app has updated with my build week.

Ordered Sept 4th 2018... Got a build week commencing 25/03/2019
EmiLiuZ
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI 2,0 DSG

Post by EmiLiuZ »

gnome wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:20 am Just got a text and the app has updated with my build week.

Ordered Sept 4th 2018... Got a build week commencing 25/03/2019
That's not too bad considering that I ordered mine in the start of June 2018 and I'll be getting mine in two weeks
Jefferz
New
Drives: 2019 Polo GTI+

Post by Jefferz »

Hi I’ve been monitoring this thread as a non member for a while but thought I would contribute now I have my build date. I was very concerned that, like a lot of you, I’d be waiting for ages but it seems it will be built on the week commencing 18th March 19 and was ordered at the end of August/beginning of September last year.

Mine is the Polo GTI+ in Grey with 18” alloys, panoramic sunroof and reversing camera.
johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

Made a complaint to VW UK. Managers are going to look into what is holding up my order of January 2018, given that some who ordered many months after me have build dates or are about to get their car. I'd like to ask the factory direct and probably not very politely.
Clutching at straws I wondered if it's the wireless charging and they've been waiting for a UK fix?! I see other manufacturers offer wireless charging for the UK so is it just a VW problem?

monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Jefferz wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:09 pm Hi I’ve been monitoring this thread as a non member for a while but thought I would contribute now I have my build date. I was very concerned that, like a lot of you, I’d be waiting for ages but it seems it will be built on the week commencing 18th March 19 and was ordered at the end of August/beginning of September last year.

Mine is the Polo GTI+ in Grey with 18” alloys, panoramic sunroof and reversing camera.
Last week I was given an unconfirmed build week same as yours but I've had no stage 3 update on the tracker yet.
Dark_cze
Silver Member
Drives: AW GTI with MT

Post by Dark_cze »

monkeyhanger wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:36 pm Last week I was given an unconfirmed build week same as yours but I've had no stage 3 update on the tracker yet.
Guys Iam not really sure but I think that only UK have tracker. That might actualy be reason why it is not reliable.
Jefferz
New
Drives: 2019 Polo GTI+

Post by Jefferz »

monkeyhanger wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:36 pm
Jefferz wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:09 pm Hi I’ve been monitoring this thread as a non member for a while but thought I would contribute now I have my build date. I was very concerned that, like a lot of you, I’d be waiting for ages but it seems it will be built on the week commencing 18th March 19 and was ordered at the end of August/beginning of September last year.

Last week I was given an unconfirmed build week same as yours but I've had no stage 3 update on the tracker yet.

Mine was confirmed and the app updated today, so perhaps you’ll get it confirmed this week if that is what they are suggesting. Though having lurked this thread for a couple of months it could be anyone’s guess to an extent.