New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
l3rady
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+ 2019

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by l3rady »

Order my GTI+ tail end of September and was given a build week of 16, so always knew I would be in for a long wait. The tracker still shows order with the factory but I thought I would ask the dealer for an update since we are on week 10. To my dismay they have come back showing that the order now has a build week of 17 :cry:
Bramcoteboy27
New
Drives: Waiting for gti+

Post by Bramcoteboy27 »

Love for some good news the vw app seems a bit iffy. Waiting patiently for my Polo gti+
PoloGIT+
Getting There!
Drives: 2019 Polo GTI+

Post by PoloGIT+ »

Bramcoteboy27 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:29 pm Love for some good news the vw app seems a bit iffy. Waiting patiently for my Polo gti+
I’ve found the website to be a bit more accurate that the app :)
Bramcoteboy27
New
Drives: Waiting for gti+

Post by Bramcoteboy27 »

Does the polo gti+ have disc brakes front and rear?
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

Bramcoteboy27 wrote:Does the polo gti+ have disc brakes front and rear?
Yes

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Dark_cze
Silver Member
Drives: AW GTI with MT

Post by Dark_cze »

Bramcoteboy27 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:17 pm Does the polo gti+ have disc brakes front and rear?
All GTI have disk brakes and even more powerful 1.0tsi
gonk1959
Bronze Member
Drives: 2016 Gti polo

Post by gonk1959 »

poloGIT+
I use the tracker website. I was promised a build week 10 and a Mon11th build but tracker still says build week confirmed and not as it should if accurate? Build In Progress !!!! As mentioned on here. Its a pointless tool if it just gives inaccurate and out of date info that only serves to further frustrate customers as myself who have been waiting a year for their car.
Dreamscape
New
Drives: 6AW

Post by Dreamscape »

This is propably why there is no such tool for any other country except Germany. It's better to call your dealership, they will have the latest available status. That may vary too, my car's status wasn't updated after it left factory, until the car got to central stock in my country. So for 1,5 months all I could do was to follow some ships on marinetraffic.
MattHGR
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI+

Post by MattHGR »

Got stage 5a this morning and now in transit.
With any luck it'll be on a ship by this weekend?
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

MattHGR wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:11 am Got stage 5a this morning and now in transit.
With any luck it'll be on a ship by this weekend?
Sounds like they're still building a week ahead of schedule to be shipping around the week scheduled to build.
PoloGIT+
Getting There!
Drives: 2019 Polo GTI+

Post by PoloGIT+ »

gonk1959 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:39 am poloGIT+
I use the tracker website. I was promised a build week 10 and a Mon11th build but tracker still says build week confirmed and not as it should if accurate? Build In Progress !!!! As mentioned on here. Its a pointless tool if it just gives inaccurate and out of date info that only serves to further frustrate customers as myself who have been waiting a year for their car.
gonk1959 - Agreed, the website showed wk 11 but was built wk 10 - the dealer sent me a copy of my order from the VW system that showed a wk 10 build, so I'd say that was the most accurate source! If you can get that from your dealer hopefully it can put your mind at ease. Best of luck
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

Glovis Spring left Port Elizabeth this morning but is now heading to East London (South African Port). So it's actually going backwards now.

Maybe it'll go back to Port Elizabeth and pick up more cars then head to Emden.
gonk1959
Bronze Member

Post by gonk1959 »

Happy days....lol...Today the tracker has suddenly jumped from "build week confirmed" to "in transit" with a note saying on average it takes 4 weeks from leaving factory to reaching dealership for this model. So finally I see light at the end of that long dark year tunnel :D Be a nice birthday present to myself if I get it around mid April ???
peeceeuk
Bronze Member
Drives: Snazzy red GTi

Post by peeceeuk »

Lucky sod.
Been checking mine regularly today but static.
Given the unreliability of the tracker though, it's fine but I would like to have that confirmation that my countdown to delivery day begins.
gonk1959
Bronze Member

Post by gonk1959 »

peeceeuk
Dont despair mate. the tracker showed my car as still build confirmed for nearly the week. Then suddenly jumped to built and left factory. My dealer said the tracker is slow on updating and shouldn't be relied on as accurate. more than often its behind a week before it updates and thus a big leap from from one phase to another. Fingers crossed for you