New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
rooneys
New
Drives: Golf gtd

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by rooneys »

Gavlar25 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:34 pm
rooneys wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:14 pm Mine was built around January 12th. Had the update saying arrived in the UK today. Then changed to in transit again and now arrived in UK again.
I had exactly the same with mine today, I spoke to the dealer and he said I might get in it by next weekend 8)
Fingers crossed.......
Nora
Bronze Member
Drives: A polo

Post by Nora »

I suspect there’s going to be a lot of happy Gti owners driving around in their new “19 plate” cars around time of the May Day/Spring bank holiday period, just in time to enjoy the sunshine.
Griff74
Silver Member
Drives: 2019 Polo GTi+ in Reef blue

Post by Griff74 »

There does seem to be more movement for people with build dates, extra shifts or line at the factory, stock of standard spec cars at maximum so starting to focus more of specific customer order cars maybe? Either way looks like there are going to be a lot more happy people on here in a short while! :D
Chris001
New
Drives: GTi+ 2019

Post by Chris001 »

Morning everyone,

Feeling positive..... finally reached by "apparent build week" after waiting a frustrating 59 weeks (I cant actually believe Ive got to this stage, was starting to feel like it was never going to happen).

Anyway, I am probably getting far to carried away but was wandering if any of you lucky people that have already recieved your car ever received the stage 4 "build in progress status", I think from past experience on previous cars I have had through VW this step has a tendancy to skip and then you find either 1. your car is on the water or 2. its arrived in the UK.

Either way guess ill be glued to the tracking app for the next couple of weeks trying to tease a update out of it.
roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

Post by roywolfey »

Chris001 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:44 am Anyway, I am probably getting far to carried away but was wandering if any of you lucky people that have already recieved your car ever received the stage 4 "build in progress status", I think from past experience on previous cars I have had through VW this step has a tendancy to skip and then you find either 1. your car is on the water or 2. its arrived in the UK.
Mine skipped the 'Build in Progress' step and went straight to 'In Transit' on the day the Boat departed from Port Elizabeth.
stevereeves
Silver Member
Drives: Atlantic Blue '21 Mk8 Golf 1.5 6sp Style

Post by stevereeves »

Think the VW 'progress indciator' thingy is mostly for fun and to let folks know stuff is (hopefully) happening. Don't think it's all that accurate, it jumped 2 stages in a day for my Golf after a couple of weeks of nothing. Seeing a few more new Polos in these parts, have to look twice as they do look a bit Golfs with different headlites, mostly in white or silver with the odd red one, so hopefully more will appear countrywide which will please more than a few patient folk....
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

Looking at past replies it seems quite a few people have gone from 'Build Week Confirmed' to 'In Transit' around one week after their build date. Hopefully we'll see some movement shortly.

It's hard to stop constantly checking the App...
YorkieCampo
New
Drives: GTI+

Post by YorkieCampo »

Hi,

I'm new to the forums as I have a GTI+ on order and after around 5 weeks I've finally received my order number and have been able to check it online and on the app. It's only showing as "with the factory" although going off the experiences documented in this thread I wasn't expecting much else. :cry:

My question is around the details of my order online and in the app. The only option I've added are the Brescias but the order doesn't show these listed plus it just lists it as "New Polo GTI 2.0 TSI 200PS 6-speed DSG 5 door", not a GTI+. Is this normal or should I be giving the dealer a call? :?
rooneys
New
Drives: Golf gtd

Post by rooneys »

My dealership just sent a video of my car. It has finally arrived with them after 414 days. They are going to get it registered tomorrow and I should get it soon. What a wait. I hope it is worth it.
peeceeuk
Bronze Member
Drives: Snazzy red GTi

Post by peeceeuk »

rooneys wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:58 pm My dealership just sent a video of my car. It has finally arrived with them after 414 days. They are going to get it registered tomorrow and I should get it soon. What a wait. I hope it is worth it.
The app updates, if you have notifications set up can drive you a bit bonkers.
You get an update and the status remains the same, then you get another notification and there may have been a change.
My build week is next week, shall wait and see what chaos takes place, or not, judging by reading the experiences of others in this forum.
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

YorkieCampo wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:16 pm Hi,

I'm new to the forums as I have a GTI+ on order and after around 5 weeks I've finally received my order number and have been able to check it online and on the app. It's only showing as "with the factory" although going off the experiences documented in this thread I wasn't expecting much else. :cry:

My question is around the details of my order online and in the app. The only option I've added are the Brescias but the order doesn't show these listed plus it just lists it as "New Polo GTI 2.0 TSI 200PS 6-speed DSG 5 door", not a GTI+. Is this normal or should I be giving the dealer a call? :?
It should indicate model (including "plus"), gearbox type, external colour and cloth type. It won't list options. Here is the exact wording copied from my tracker status:-

New Polo GTI Plus 2.0 TSI 200PS 6-speed DSG 5 Door

Colour
Pure White

Upholstery
'Jacara Red' cloth
peeceeuk
Bronze Member

Post by peeceeuk »

App doesn't specify plus model, online tracker does.
Martin-GTi
New
Drives: 2019 Polo GTI+

Post by Martin-GTi »

monkeyhanger wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:44 pm
YorkieCampo wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:16 pm Hi,

It should indicate model (including "plus"), gearbox type, external colour and cloth type. It won't list options. Here is the exact wording copied from my tracker status:-

New Polo GTI Plus 2.0 TSI 200PS 6-speed DSG 5 Door

Colour
Pure White

Upholstery
'Jacara Red' cloth
Exactly the same as monkeyhanger. My tracker app says I’ve ordered a “New Polo GTI Plus 2.0 TSI 200PS 6-speed DSG 5 door”

It doesn’t list the options.

I’d perhaps speak to the dealer to put your mind at rest.
peeceeuk
Bronze Member

Post by peeceeuk »

@monkeyhanger.

How is the cloth?
The car I test drove had some lovely add on covering and I loved it.
I ordered an El boggo gti+ so will get the red cloth.
Equally as comfortable?
I know the gti tartan well and love it but wonder about wear and tear between different materials available.
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

peeceeuk wrote:App doesn't specify plus model, online tracker does.
My VW tracker app does specify + model.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk