New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by barrywi »

Could be two weeks depending on car transporters.
MattB911
New
Drives: GTI

Post by MattB911 »

Just been on live chat, the ship my car is on did dock at Southampton this morning but wasn't taken off the ship. Apparently it still needs to go to Emden which seems abit daft to me so I'll be waiting a few more weeks yet unfortunately.
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

VW works in mysterious ways
Dan34
Getting There!
Drives: GTI+

Post by Dan34 »

Mines also Neckar Highway, which is just about to dock in Grimsby! Not long now hopefully....
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Just spoke to my saleswoman at Listers. She reckons VW are getting them delivered very quick from port right now and it should be at the dealership in less than a week. Reckons mine will be with me in less than 2 weeks, even taking into account being trailered from Nuneaton to Newcastle.

Asked again about the incentive/compensation for enforced Aug registration - it's VIN number specific (so no discretion/putting a case forward). GTI/GTI+ excluded, mainly older unregistered stock will get it. She said that VW know if a customer cancels, another will be there to jump the queue and snap it up in the case of the GTI, so they're offering nowt. Might be worth a debate with a VWUK rep about being coerced into early registration because of their WLTP schedule balls-up. It's always the dealers that pay for goodwill gestures. When my Golf R took 8.5 months and I complained to VWUK, they forced the dealership to apply free lifeshine at their own expense as a surprise on pick-up.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

MattB911 wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:06 am Mine should have arrived at Southampton this morning. Does anybody know what the time scale is roughly from arriving at the dock to recieving the vehicle?
It will only be delivered to Sheerness, Grimsby or Tyne docks (which one depends where your supplying dealer is at), these are the only UK docks VAG uses to transport cars from Emden to UK. If your ship has stopped in Southampton then ut is probably less than 2 days away from Emden.
MilgeS
Silver Member
Drives: R-Line and Gti+

Post by MilgeS »

I've been tracking Grand Orion which I was told my car was on, it hasn't been to the UK yet but had a text this morning saying the car is in the UK!!
barton3112
New
Drives: Polo GTI

Post by barton3112 »

Can not believe it my Gti has arrived in Newcastle today ! So it shouldn't be too long before it arrives at the dealer :-)
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

MilgeS wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:58 pm I've been tracking Grand Orion which I was told my car was on, it hasn't been to the UK yet but had a text this morning saying the car is in the UK!!
Your car changed ships at Emden hence arriving begore Grand Orion's next visit to the UK.
stevereeves
Silver Member
Drives: Atlantic Blue '21 Mk8 Golf 1.5 6sp Style

Post by stevereeves »

Sad thing is VW will lose sales of a car which sounds like it'll be great. Many posters here will hold out for a Polo, and why not I'm not gonna knock it, but not the folk who say "I'm not that bothered really as long as it has, say, climate control, city brake, self park, sat nav & is blue/red/slver, etc" will 'happily' just get something more readilty availble like a Fiesta, Ibiza or Corsa. Cos they are not too bothered and there is something to be said for that attitude as these days you will still easily get a good new car with minimum stress. But - such folk will miss out on a very good car, a Polo, due to lack of availability and 'gotta be some kind of joke but it isn't' delivery times. So what, who cares ? Well speaking as MK5 Golf owner of 3 1/2 years, Mk7 Golf driver of 5 1/2 years and counting and sometime passenger in a Polo (previous 2017 model, 1.2 Auto) when riding in another brand (other than Audi, BMW, VW etc) you certainly realise how pleasant one's own car is in comparison. I initially ended up in a Golf MK5 as, ironically, at that time (2008ish) I needed a car asap (as in yesterday) and VW were able to supply quicker than anyone else in my area 8) . Corsas, Ibizas & Fiestas, etc are perfectly fine though you tend to get what you pay for, but for a quiet comfortable place to be after a busy, stressful & possibly difficult day and carrying passengers, at this price point (circa £19-£20k) it's difficult to beat a VW, IMO. No, I don't sell VWs though I could - if the cars were available :roll: ....
MilgeS
Silver Member

Post by MilgeS »

monkeyhanger wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:10 pm
MilgeS wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:58 pm I've been tracking Grand Orion which I was told my car was on, it hasn't been to the UK yet but had a text this morning saying the car is in the UK!!
Your car changed ships at Emden hence arriving begore Grand Orion's next visit to the UK.
That'll explain why then, thank you :-)
MilgeS
Silver Member

Post by MilgeS »

I totally agree with what you say about appreciating your own car, I used to drive Fords many years ago, then Peugeots, but the minute I drove a new Fabia Monte Carlo back in 2011 I have stuck with the VW Group. I've since had 2 Fabia Monte Carlo's, Fabia vRS, Audi A1 and my 2 new cars I hope to collect in the new couple of weeks are Polo R-Line and GTi+, very excited for these cars!

My colleagues drive Citroen C3's or DS3's, they like them, they are decent cars, but I instantly feel the build quality difference when I sit in them or drive them.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Stage 6 confirmed, car officially in the UK, even though it arrived yesterday.
Cadwest
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by Cadwest »

monkeyhanger wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:01 am Stage 6 confirmed, car officially in the UK, even though it arrived yesterday.
Yep got my notification this morning as well.
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

Not got mine, it must be in the dock😪