New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by S_94 »

allye wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:59 pm Just come back from the dealers. They are saying that order will be open for GTI+ in November when they will be tested (WLTP). The customers will be given a 38week delivery. They could not say that my already 38weeks I have waited since ordering in January would be taken into account so a 76+ weeks wait could be possible. Also a promised curtesy car by VW but now they say its up to Dealer who does not want to supply car for 6months+. If I don't get a build date by the end of the year then going elsewhere.
I had an email from my dealer last week saying that 'some Polo GTI+ models are scheduled for build in February'. Doesn't sound good to be honest. Also doesn't help me as I've ordered a standard GTI.
Chris001
New
Drives: GTi+ 2019

Post by Chris001 »

allye wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:59 pm Just come back from the dealers. They are saying that order will be open for GTI+ in November when they will be tested (WLTP). The customers will be given a 38week delivery. They could not say that my already 38weeks I have waited since ordering in January would be taken into account so a 76+ weeks wait could be possible. Also a promised curtesy car by VW but now they say its up to Dealer who does not want to supply car for 6months+. If I don't get a build date by the end of the year then going elsewhere.
Wish I had not read this, like you I am now on week 38 of waiting after also ordering my GTi+ in January.... been holding out as I have I aready waited so long but the thought of potentially waiting another 35+ weeks is ridiculous. No idea what to do now......
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Post by barrywi »

This is a real shame due to VW not getting their models WLTP tested early enough.
If it is any consolation at all I am loving mine and there are not many on the road for obvious reasons. It is easily mistaken for a Golf GTi as it is much bigger than the previous Polo, and it is just as fast and is more economical due to lighter weight.
I could not find any other car at the price that matches it. Hang on if you can would be my suggestion.
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

Forgot to say I ordered mine on February 10 th so I have no idea why you have not got yours yet.
My local dealer has not got his demonstrator yet and he says my GTi plus is the only one he has sold. He is going mad over the lack of supply from VW for quite a few models. It is not made any easier by the car being built in South Africa which adds 8 weeks to the delivery time .
rooneys
New
Drives: Golf gtd

Post by rooneys »

My dealer says I have a build date of week 48. Will get the car in January. I ordered last January.
Nora
Bronze Member
Drives: A polo

Post by Nora »

Another January order and still no build week or info, even though I was initially told I would get it in June, I’m going to reassess the situation at the end of this month and decide if I’m gonna to cancel or not as my current 6R is due mot in December and may or not need substantial work to pass
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

https://global.handelsblatt.com/compani ... lay-959285

I like how it says low customer demand isn't slowing production at VW, mismanagement at the top is.
Plus VW have warned we may not get quite the car we ordered......great! Not.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

MattHGR
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI+

Post by MattHGR »

If they remove features, how do we know about it? I know some users here didn't know features were missing until the car turned up at the dealership
MattHGR
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI+

Post by MattHGR »

MattHGR wrote:If they remove features, how do we know about it? I know some users here didn't know features were missing until the car turned up at the dealership
By features I mean extras and packs
TElwoody
Bronze Member
Drives: VW Polo 2018

Post by TElwoody »

MattHGR wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:34 pm
MattHGR wrote:If they remove features, how do we know about it? I know some users here didn't know features were missing until the car turned up at the dealership
I wonder too what things may be missing from the car i ordered and thought I'd be getting. I also wonder if we'll ever know.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

TElwoody wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:19 pm
MattHGR wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:34 pm
I wonder too what things may be missing from the car i ordered and thought I'd be getting. I also wonder if we'll ever know.
Presumably you know what the spec of your car is/was when you ordered it, so you’ll be able to determine whether or not anything’s different to what you expected.

On one of the Golf forums, one of the forum members is a VW sales manager and he posts up details of model year build changes for the Golf each year. All VW dealers should be aware of the model year build changes for each model in the Polo range, so your dealer should be able to tell you whether or not there have been any changes to the standard spec or the content of options and option packs that might affect your order.

Forum member Joe Knight (joeknight94) on this forum also works in sales for VW so he may also be able to help.
TElwoody
Bronze Member
Drives: VW Polo 2018

Post by TElwoody »

SRGTD wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:40 pm
TElwoody wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:19 pm
MattHGR wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:34 pm By features I mean extras and packs
Presumably you know what the spec of your car is/was when you ordered it, so you’ll be able to determine whether or not anything’s different to what you expected.

On one of the Golf forums, one of the forum members is a VW sales manager and he posts up details of model year build changes for the Golf each year. All VW dealers should be aware of the model year build changes for each model in the Polo range, so your dealer should be able to tell you whether or not there have been any changes to the standard spec or the content of options and option packs that might affect your order.

Forum member Joe Knight (joeknight94) on this forum also works in sales for VW so he may also be able to help.
Hi,

I certainly will check carefully, although i was mainly asking so i know what what to expect, if anything.

Thanks for the heads-up on Joe, I've sent him a PM.

Many thanks,
Tom
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

There appears to be no correlation between how early someone got their order in and expected or actual delivery.

I always thought that maybe the sunroof was a factor in the delay, however I have seen a right hand drive GTI plus driven by its new buyer posted on you tube and based in the Netherlands. So they are out there.

So in my case as stated before ordered in January then app said with factory since February. Then recently a status update saying it's moved to 'with the factory. It's as if the whole process and my order had been reset.

I don't understand why our orders could not have been fulfilled before the emissions deadline. Why have some got their cars and some not. Shouldn't we all be waiting if its just down to emission regs. Ordering in the summer with the deadlines approaching I could appreciate.

Typical VW, there is no transparency in this. I think WLTP has not helped but VW are hiding behind it as other things possibly have gone wrong.

Could it be a simple fact that a very large batch of orders got missed by mistake?! Would make sense and much simpler to understand. We'll never know because WLTP is a great umbrella excuse for many things that could have been problematic for the factory and VW as a whole.

There appears to be a take it or leave it attitude from the company. Thanks VW for the last 20 years but if its a predicted spring summer delivery 2019 I'll probably leave it. No offence.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

As posted quite a while ago, somebody suggested a wodge of early orders got dropped behind a filing cabinet, or an electronic version of that. VW UK ( not my dealer who was great and very open with me) have been more or less useless in updating me on the status of my car ordered on February 10 th. They could not say when it was on the ship from SA ,then said it was on one of two ships, but was actually on a third! They said once it got to Emden they could let me know which ship it was on....they didn't. I think it eventually arrived almost by accident before the factory shut down, otherwise I would still be waiting.
I think if I choose to have a replacement in three years I had better order it now.
Sympathies to those that have been juggered about even more than me and are still waiting.
c4s2rs6
New
Drives: Ordered GTI+

Post by c4s2rs6 »

I ordered in January. Still no build week or any idea when the car will be built. Guess I’ll be looking at April next year! Dealer gave a 60hp polo to hammer for a few months at his cost on his insurance so they are also not happy with the situation

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk