New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Troyj369
New
Drives: Polo gti

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by Troyj369 »

Finally a build week 3rd of December hopefully getting my car in January I ordered in April
EmmaBx
New
Drives: GTI

Post by EmmaBx »

PoloGIT+ wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:46 pm As an update, ordered a GTI+ end of January, still no buildate or even indication of when I might receive my car, queried compensation for the wait with my dealer - VWUK have offered a day-rate of compensation from now until when the car is delivered to the dealership, so that’s something at least. Doubt it’ll be cash back, more likely knocked off the price.
I ordered my GTI+ on Feb 10th. When I queried about compensation they said they were unable to say what they could offer until the car is actually here. Was it your dealer that agreed this compensation or VW?

After going through this thread it seems everyone is being told different things. My retailer wouldn't even confirm the GTI has gone back into production! I managed to confirm it has gone back into production with someone off Live Chat though. Here's hoping we get our build weeks soon. :(
PoloGIT+
Getting There!
Drives: 2019 Polo GTI+

Post by PoloGIT+ »

EmmaBx wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:59 am
PoloGIT+ wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:46 pm As an update, ordered a GTI+ end of January, still no buildate or even indication of when I might receive my car, queried compensation for the wait with my dealer - VWUK have offered a day-rate of compensation from now until when the car is delivered to the dealership, so that’s something at least. Doubt it’ll be cash back, more likely knocked off the price.
I ordered my GTI+ on Feb 10th. When I queried about compensation they said they were unable to say what they could offer until the car is actually here. Was it your dealer that agreed this compensation or VW?

After going through this thread it seems everyone is being told different things. My retailer wouldn't even confirm the GTI has gone back into production! I managed to confirm it has gone back into production with someone off Live Chat though. Here's hoping we get our build weeks soon. :(
Indeed, fingers and toes crossed for us! I don't think my dealer has any more information on build dates than we do, it was my dealer though that requested the compensation from VWUK on my behalf, to which VWUK agreed - I had stated that my current car is very old and I had not expected to put it through another MOT, not to mention that a significant reason in getting a new car is the safety, security and reliability that should come with it. Hope that helps.
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

"Compensation" won't amount to much for a delayed car - they might provide a free service and an MOT, or honour that p/x value the dealership gave on the assumption that your car would be here within 6 months - they certainly won't be paying finance on another car of a different marque if your PCP comes to term, they'll expect you to continue to pay monthlies if you can extend it, or best case provide acourtesy car if you have to give it back - to name most scenarios people with a wait here will find themselves in.
EmmaBx
New
Drives: GTI

Post by EmmaBx »

When I originally spoke to VW customer services after making a complaint, they did mention compensation but as I said above, they wouldn't say what they could offer until the car actually arrives. Mind you, my current car is not old and so I don't have that reason on my side!
I already have 2 free services included so not really interested in another. I'm kind of hoping they'll knock some money off the car or lower the agreed monthly payments, although this is probably unlikely let's be honest :roll:
MattHGR
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI+

Post by MattHGR »

Configurator is down again. Interestingly, the website seems to say the engine (that is back in production) is still being tested under WLTP.
https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new/polo-n ... b2c242.jpg[/IMG]
albob
Bronze Member
Drives: BlueGT

Post by albob »

MattHGR wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:08 pm Configurator is down again. Interestingly, the website seems to say the engine (that is back in production) is still being tested under WLTP.
https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new/polo-n ... b2c242.jpg[/IMG]
Interestingly, the Golf configurator is back and featuring the 1.5 EVO engine. Come on VW, please stick it in a Polo.. !
RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

albob wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:18 pm Snip ---------------------------------------- Snip
Interestingly, the Golf configurator is back and featuring the 1.5 EVO engine. Come on VW, please stick it in a Polo.. !
Patience, "good things come to those that wait!" ??

I think that my wife's next Polo should have that engine in it, it would prepare her for the time when she moves into running an EV with the snap acceleration that comes with EVs?

Edit:- I tried holding out for the old Golf 1.6FSI engine to appear in 9N3 Polo - and when it came it came with CVT I think, so sod that.
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

A BBC news report yesterday showed some young South Africans in the music industry. The end shot showed them driving off in their new white Polo GTI with the brescias and sunroof. At least the home market is served well!
Cue my wrinkly smile to say the least.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

MattHGR
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI+

Post by MattHGR »

johnpolo2 wrote:A BBC news report yesterday showed some young South Africans in the music industry. The end shot showed them driving off in their new white Polo GTI with the brescias and sunroof. At least the home market is served well!

I saw the same thing! I wonder how long they waited for that..
johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

Today I saw a red one in Leamington Spa. Also see a grey one driving about. GTI hotspot it seems.

Robint
Bronze Member
Drives: 2018 polo GTI

Post by Robint »

Not seen any other GTIs in Nottingham are there any ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

MattHGR wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:19 am
johnpolo2 wrote:A BBC news report yesterday showed some young South Africans in the music industry. The end shot showed them driving off in their new white Polo GTI with the brescias and sunroof. At least the home market is served well!

I saw the same thing! I wonder how long they waited for that..
Probably not long at all if SA are not following adherence to WLTP - no need to wait for WLTP testing if that market is not going to need to comply. VW could have been making pre-WLTP spec GTIs right through.
richl123
New

Post by richl123 »

In the December What Car, there is a feature about HID bulb replacement costs, the Polo's LED lamp is quoted at £846
johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

So for the third time in 11 months I've just had a notification that my car has gone to stage 2 at the factory. Is it stuck on repeat?!
I have a image of the South African factory and its staff akin to headless chickens.