New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Dark_cze
Silver Member
Drives: AW GTI with MT

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by Dark_cze »

Vw is handling this situation very badly. Why advertise car which they cant deliver within half of the year. Peoples are getting mad
rooneys
New
Drives: Golf gtd

Post by rooneys »

loadswine wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:38 pm I am seriously considering cancelling my order now. I ordered my GTi+ at the end of March and not a sniff of a build date. That’s very poor.
Checked today. It was the 12th January when I ordered my polo gti +. Still no build date.
loadswine
New
Drives: Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Post by loadswine »

That is utterly ridiculous, waiting over 8 months and no build date. VW don’t deserve to sell cars. I am annoyed about my order, but a January order with still no build date is inexcusable.
What does the dealer have to say?
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Post by barrywi »

That is appalling, there appears to be no logic comparing order dates, build dates and delivery time
Poachersun
New
Drives: 2018 POLO GTI

Post by Poachersun »

rooneys wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:08 pm
loadswine wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:38 pm I am seriously considering cancelling my order now. I ordered my GTi+ at the end of March and not a sniff of a build date. That’s very poor.
Checked today. It was the 12th January when I ordered my polo gti +. Still no build date.
Did your dealer even order it?
Most NZ dealers who ordered in January have all had their demo stock delivered June. I ordered Mid June a GTI with extras and have been confirmed by my dealer and VW NZ that delivery will be Late October.
4 Months,
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

I ordered 3rd week of january and still no build date. I do wonder that if the order is loaded with a high level of extras it's delaying the build.
As time goes on I'm not sure I want to be rewarding VW with my money for what is utter incompetence! (benny hill look to camera)
I have thought about the new mini cooper S works or even the upcoming audi S1 for next year.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

johnpolo2 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:42 am I ordered 3rd week of january and still no build date. I do wonder that if the order is loaded with a high level of extras it's delaying the build.
As time goes on I'm not sure I want to be rewarding VW with my money for what is utter incompetence! (benny hill look to camera)
I have thought about the new mini cooper S works or even the upcoming audi S1 for next year.

If you do go for a Mini, don't buy a new one. A Cooper S was up for contention with us and I was shocked at how poor the residuals were - £27k RRP examples selling for £14k at 13/14 months old at franchised dealers. A bargain for nearly new buyers, but those who chopped in one bought new even with a good discount (£4k discounts seemed easy to come by) will have lost a fortune.

I hated the offset of the pedals - 1/2 an hour test drive and I couldn't get comfortable.
rooneys
New
Drives: Golf gtd

Post by rooneys »

loadswine wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:56 pm That is utterly ridiculous, waiting over 8 months and no build date. VW don’t deserve to sell cars. I am annoyed about my order, but a January order with still no build date is inexcusable.
What does the dealer have to say?
the dealer thought it maybe the upgraded alloys. He looked at all the orders and cannot find any logic in order and build dates. My golf was on a PCP and has nothing back. The garage are lending me a car until mine arrives.
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

You are not alone.
Just had an email from my dealer friend , he is out of head about supply.
He has...
10 UP Gtis. No build date
1 T Roc in stock
7 petrol golfs possibly due
7 various diesels in stock which nobody wants
1 Toureg in stock
1 Touran in stock
No Passats
No GTEs of any kind in stock
No Manual gearbox Golf R, Golf Gti or Gtd
So he says 70 cars no build date or next year delivery.
I will not repeat the words he used to describe the situation ( especially with September 1st coming up) but he is not happy, the customers are not happy but VW seem to think customers would and should wait!!
roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

Post by roywolfey »

With September 1st Looming, If you look at the VW UK Website, it feels like VW are cutting it fine with WLTP requirements..

If you look at the WLTP page: https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/wltp

As I write, only a selection of Up, Toureg and T-Roc models are WLTP harmonized.

Taking the example of the T-Roc and looking "at the pricelist for further details", in the list of models, only WLTP compliant orderable derivative listed car is the 1.6 diesel with a note saying that all other models (1.0 TSI. 1.5 TSI Evo, 2.0TSI and 2.0 TDI) models "may no longer be available to order, or may only be available from stock and not available to factory order."

Although Polos are not in the WLTP list, I'm aware that people on this forum have build dates. Just hope that VW are further forward with WLTP than their Webpage implies!
Last edited by roywolfey on Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

My dealer says he has a Polo gti on order with a build date, but it seems it is theoretical as it keeps moving further away in time every time he checks.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

I read on one of the Golf forums earlier this week that a factory order for some models of Golf is now 30 weeks. Until recently, it was 12-14 weeks. WLTP will almost certainly be a significant factor in the increased waiting time.

It’s not just VW having WLTP issues - it’s affecting other manufacturers too; I recently read that it’s affecting Honda waiting times. WLTP Implementation within some motor manufacturers does a seem to have been poorly managed.
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

Maybe WLTP means...
Waiting aLot of Time for Production?
Scott H
New
Drives: Fiesta ST3 and Polo GTI+ not so soon

Post by Scott H »

I’m shocked you haven’t cancelled your orders!

I ordered a polo GTI+ in January. I cancelled in May. I ordered the new ST3 and from order to collection was 7 weeks!! And that car was released after the polo. The polo still says no build date even now.

Actually thank you for being so rubbish VW cause this new ST is brilliant! And so glad I didn’t get the DSG polo now :D
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

monkeyhanger wrote:
johnpolo2 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:42 am I ordered 3rd week of january and still no build date. I do wonder that if the order is loaded with a high level of extras it's delaying the build.

If you do go for a Mini, don't buy a new one. A Cooper S was up for contention with us and I was shocked at how poor the residuals were - £27k RRP examples selling for £14k at 13/14 months old at franchised dealers. A bargain for nearly new buyers, but those who chopped in one bought new even with a good discount (£4k discounts seemed easy to come by) will have lost a fortune.

I hated the offset of the pedals - 1/2 an hour test drive and I couldn't get comfortable.
noted. [emoji6]