New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
l3rady
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+ 2019

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by l3rady »

got my stage 6 back on Friday 7th June and a checked in with the dealer this morning and the car is still waiting for transport. He is still waiting for confirmation of when it will be picked up. I've had detailing for my car booked for months for the 19th June which is only one week away now. My dealer keeps reassuring me that the car will be ready in time but I just don't see, going on the delivery times here, how the car will be ready on time. :cry:
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

Great news Griff.
It's a lovely car to drive!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Griff74
Silver Member
Drives: 2019 Polo GTi+ in Reef blue

Post by Griff74 »

johnpolo2 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:42 pm Great news Griff.
It's a lovely car to drive!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Thanks, am excited now that it's almost with me!
peeceeuk
Bronze Member
Drives: Snazzy red GTi

Post by peeceeuk »

I feel as though I grow to enjoy mine more as I get more familiar with it.
Just been for a pootle around now to get the mileage up a bit.
Got some good distances coming up in the next week.
That should help and it will all be done in comfort with a smile.
RyanH
New
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by RyanH »

Just had my 5b notification. :D It’s starting to get real now.

Here’s how my order is progressing in case it can help anyone else:

10/11/2018 - Ordered
28/11/2018 - Order with the factory
28/03/2019 - Build week confirmed (W18)
29/04/2019 - Build week
11/05/2019 - 5a Left the Factory (Ship departed 16/05)
13/06/2019 - 5b Arrived in Emden (Ship arrived 11/06)
Griff74
Silver Member

Post by Griff74 »

Got my stage 7 update this morning, car has been at the dealers since late Tuesday afternoon. :lol:
l3rady
Bronze Member

Post by l3rady »

Car is still waiting for transport from a UK dock. For the last two weeks, I have kept on asking my dealer if the car will be ready in time for a certain date and he keeps saying, "yeah yeah no problem it will be ready on time". So I sent him an email today challenging him to explain how he thinks a car will make it onto a transporter, get to London, unloaded, PDI'd, registered and ready to pick up in two days...

His response:
Totally agree,

It may be worth putting back if possible.

Let me know.
He is referring to the detailing appointment. Let's hope for his sake and mine that the detailer can find a customer that wants to swap my appointment otherwise I stand to lose my deposit on the detailing and not be able to get it booked again for 4 weeks.

So fuming with my dealer right now with his nonchalant attitude. Never once has he given me a status update. The only way I get one is by ringing him, which he rarely is there to answer so have to wait for a call back if I'm so lucky. :evil: :evil:
Griff74
Silver Member

Post by Griff74 »

That does sound really bad tbh, my car took forever to get to the dealers from South Africa BUT my dealer kept me up to date every week, the tracker worked well (more or less) etc. Also my dealer knew last week that my car would be with them by this Wednesday (it actually arrived on Tuesday late afternoon), so if your dealer doesn't know this info then your car isn't going to turn up in the next 24-48hrs I would say sorry.

Dealers can PDI, register and hand over a car in one day if it turns up early enough or late the previous day.
l3rady
Bronze Member

Post by l3rady »

Tracker for me has been the best source of information. It has been very accurate in telling me when each thing has happened. It's just a shame that the tracker lacks the nitty-gritty details like in between statuses like, what ship it is on and when it is actually loaded and unloaded on transporters.
paulrodgers7
Getting There!
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi + White/black roof

Post by paulrodgers7 »

RyanH wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:24 am Just had my 5b notification. :D It’s starting to get real now.

Here’s how my order is progressing in case it can help anyone else:

10/11/2018 - Ordered
28/11/2018 - Order with the factory
28/03/2019 - Build week confirmed (W18)
29/04/2019 - Build week
11/05/2019 - 5a Left the Factory (Ship departed 16/05)
13/06/2019 - 5b Arrived in Emden (Ship arrived 11/06)
Excellent news Ryan, fingers crossed for a quick turnaround in Emden :D
Griff74
Silver Member

Post by Griff74 »

Picking mine up at 10:30 today, am a wee bit excited but ofcourse it's chucking it down!
Hooligaani
New
Drives: GTI on order

Post by Hooligaani »

Picking mine up today, a bittersweet moment because I really love my Variant GTD but simply can't use that anymore now that my driving has been slashed (from 30,000 to 10,000 a year)
So I trade in the GTD with 60,000 on the clock and get a new Polo GTI and pay less back per month, less in tax and have hopefully more fun, because the GTD is a bit of a motorway cruiser and the Polo is a hot hatch.

Reef Blue is my colour choice (didn't have any choice in the matter unless I want to wait a year for a new build)

Let's see what awaits tonight!
Griff74
Silver Member

Post by Griff74 »

Have got mine now, it's awesome, sooo nice to drive though I have found a fault (or maybe 2) already, it's got a slight vibration over 55 and when I've stopped to have a look the drivers side rear arch liner is rubbing on the tyre, could be the cause of the vibration, will take it back for them to look at it!
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Griff74 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:19 pm Have got mine now, it's awesome, sooo nice to drive though I have found a fault (or maybe 2) already, it's got a slight vibration over 55 and when I've stopped to have a look the drivers side rear arch liner is rubbing on the tyre, could be the cause of the vibration, will take it back for them to look at it!
Mine was on the verge of rubbing - only 5mm clearance - I adjusted mine myself before getting the slightly wider tyres. Make sure dealership checks fir rubbing abrasion on the wheel surface. I doubt this would cause vibration over 55mph - more likely a wheel balancing weight has dropped off.
Griff74
Silver Member

Post by Griff74 »

I'm back at the dealers now and they are going to fix it and check the other liners, not driven far so shouldn't be any damage to the tyre. The vibration is weird though, more like a slight buzzing than a full on wheel balance vibration, could be related so will soon see.