New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
c4s2rs6
New
Drives: Ordered GTI+

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by c4s2rs6 »

TurboTrev wrote:
clidds wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:10 pm It also appears the GTI+ has completely disappeared off of the online configurator now...
That might be as a result of me reporting the fact that once you selected the GTI+, it then defaulted to a GTI when you built it. But probably not!

Our order: GTI+, Reef Blue/back roof, deep iron dash, winter pack, sat nav, reversing camera, Brescias and a 5 year warranty.

I've heard a rumour that Reef Blue might cause delays, don't know why.
I ordered a GTI plus reef blue (no black roof option at time of order?), climate, Brescia 18’’, red dash, camera, navigation, winter pack. No build week. Ordered 2nd feb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

TurboTrev wrote:
clidds wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:10 pm It also appears the GTI+ has completely disappeared off of the online configurator now...
That might be as a result of me reporting the fact that once you selected the GTI+, it then defaulted to a GTI when you built it. But probably not!

Our order: GTI+, Reef Blue/back roof, deep iron dash, winter pack, sat nav, reversing camera, Brescias and a 5 year warranty.

I've heard a rumour that Reef Blue might cause delays, don't know why.
Someone forgot to order the paint ..... ;)

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

Dan34
Getting There!
Drives: GTI+

Post by Dan34 »

Mine is reef blue and I have a build week.
Scottydoo45
New
Drives: Polo gti

Post by Scottydoo45 »

You got all the paint...
Nora
Bronze Member
Drives: A polo

Post by Nora »

Another twist to the saga
I’ve received a letter from my dealer regarding changes to how they measure the emissions standards and MPG,
the new test regime called “Worldwide Harmonised Light Vehicle Test Proceedure (WLPT) is being phased in to replace the current “New European Driving Cycle (NEDC)”, this May result in an increase in the fuel consumption and/or CO2 emissions figures that where provide to you when you ordered your vehicle, and therefore may effect the level of excise duty that you pay.
It goes on to say
As the fuel consumption and CO2 emission figures from the WLPT may not be available for the vehicle you have ordered, we are not able to provide you with them. Therefore at the present time, and in line with the regulations, we can only provide the current official figures for the model you have ordered, as determined in accordance with the NEDC
They have sent me a form to sign to confirm that I understand the above, and state that they will update me with the new figures when they become available. They also state that if VED etc change they will provide me with the opportunity to cancel or amend my order FOC. They will set out my options when they contact me again.
Leif
Silver Member
Drives: SE 95 PS

Post by Leif »

Dan34 wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:28 pm Mine is reef blue and I have a build week.
Reef blue looks lovely but I’ve only seen it in photos, so I don’t know what it looks like in the flesh.
PoloGIT+
Getting There!
Drives: 2019 Polo GTI+

Post by PoloGIT+ »

Hi all, new to this forum (and site) too. The info on here has been really helpful, thanks.

I ordered a Polo GTI+ on 30th Jan, at time of order I was told 22 weeks to delivery (end of June), a couple of weeks later the dealer said lead times were 26 weeks (end of July) and the chat support on the website said 40 weeks (end of August) – I went back to the dealer who confirmed (at that time) a delivery time of 26 weeks, but added that it could be less. I don’t have a build date yet.

As we’re looking for any patterns, I went with quite a large spec so could well delay things, have added grey metallic, sunroof, Brescias, climate, pre-crash, satnav, wireless charger, winter pack, blind spot detection, and reversing camera. I was told from the beginning that the sunroof could delay the build.

For reference I was given a build number straight away, and the although the VW app still shows my order on stage 1 (processing order) the track-you-order website shows Stage 2 (with the factory) so I’m going with the latter! On the website you can also set up an SMS alert to let you know when it progresses between stages I’ve done that.

Under the FAQs (on the VW website) it says that build dates are confirmed four weeks before build, so if I get a build w/c 28th May or 4th June I’d hope to see my build date assigned latest 30th April or 7th May respectively (fingers crossed).

With regards the insurance I’m not expecting VW Insurance Services to honour the free insurance as the terms & conditions (at the time) required order by 2nd April and registration by 30th June (which doesn’t look likely). When I’ve got a build date confirmed (which will give a more accurate delivery date) I’ll speak to the dealer to see what can be done.
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

PoloGIT+ wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:57 pm Hi all, new to this forum (and site) too. The info on here has been really helpful, thanks.

I ordered a Polo GTI+ on 30th Jan, at time of order I was told 22 weeks to delivery (end of June), a couple of weeks later the dealer said lead times were 26 weeks (end of July) and the chat support on the website said 40 weeks (end of August) – I went back to the dealer who confirmed (at that time) a delivery time of 26 weeks, but added that it could be less. I don’t have a build date yet.

As we’re looking for any patterns, I went with quite a large spec so could well delay things, have added grey metallic, sunroof, Brescias, climate, pre-crash, satnav, wireless charger, winter pack, blind spot detection, and reversing camera. I was told from the beginning that the sunroof could delay the build.

For reference I was given a build number straight away, and the although the VW app still shows my order on stage 1 (processing order) the track-you-order website shows Stage 2 (with the factory) so I’m going with the latter! On the website you can also set up an SMS alert to let you know when it progresses between stages I’ve done that.

Under the FAQs (on the VW website) it says that build dates are confirmed four weeks before build, so if I get a build w/c 28th May or 4th June I’d hope to see my build date assigned latest 30th April or 7th May respectively (fingers crossed).

With regards the insurance I’m not expecting VW Insurance Services to honour the free insurance as the terms & conditions (at the time) required order by 2nd April and registration by 30th June (which doesn’t look likely). When I’ve got a build date confirmed (which will give a more accurate delivery date) I’ll speak to the dealer to see what can be done.
Not a GTI but I ordered an SEL with quite a lot of extras. No sun roof though. I ordered mine last week in Jan and was told 16 weeks which would be mid / end May. I have had a Build week of wk 14 (w/c 2ns April by the dealer, the app has always read wk 15 w/c 9th April (it has read that from mid Feb). So my car was either built last week or the week before, or during both weeks. I understand from live chat the build time is 10 days which is why there is confusion of exactly which week it was built.

Now I have checked with the dealer and he says his information reads my car definitely built w/c 2nd April and its on its way to the dealer. He says delivery to dealer is about 8 weeks, so IF my car was built w/c 2nd April then I should See it w/c 28 may, exactly as first indicated by the dealer. My point is the APP still reads build week confirmed as w/c 9th April, it had not updated since mid February, same with the track my order. So I think you would be better off with live chat or the dealer for reliable information.
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

Update. The on line track My car has moved to level 4 being built (APP still says build week confirmed). It says delivery will be 4 weeks from build to dealership for this modal. Clearly that must be wrong, I tracked a vehicle transport ship from port Elizabeth to Emden and it took 4 weeks alone, then there is the quality check followed by shipping to the UK and eventually the dealer. I'm sure its going to be more like the 8 weeks the dealer told me. I'm looking forward to getting the car, of course, but I would rather wait to ensure the build is quality and all checked are undertaken.
Last edited by mike sel on Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PoloGIT+
Getting There!
Drives: 2019 Polo GTI+

Post by PoloGIT+ »

mike sel wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:18 pm Update. The on line track My car has moved to level 4 being built (APP still says build week confirmed). It says delivery will be 4 weeks from build to dealership for this modal. Clearly that must be wrong, I tracked a vehicle transport ship from port Elizabeth to Emden and it took 4 weeks alone, then there the quality check then shipping to up and eventually the dealer. I'm sure its going to be more like the 8 weeks the dealer told me.
Thank Mike, that’s useful info. Happy motoring in your new Polo! :)
Thommy
New
Drives: Blue GT

Post by Thommy »

Update:

I spoke to my dealership yesterday and he said (informally as he didnt want me to hold him to it) delays are a combination of the new WLTP and build year coming to an end and new build year starting on week 22. He thinks that my order is trying to put cost options on that aren’t possibly a cost option on the new build year as the spec can change. He said that’s the most likely reason the GTI + has been taken off the website. He thinks because of this I’m looking at August delivery so I told him I will wait until September.

Hope this helps
Scottydoo45
New
Drives: Polo gti

Post by Scottydoo45 »

Did you not order day one aswell, that's shocking that it could be so long, I ordered day after and don't really want to have to wait that long, I'll be into mot and new insurance territory then so the dealership may be getting a small bill from me... All a bit of a shambles
Dan34
Getting There!
Drives: GTI+

Post by Dan34 »

So it seems like mine is build week 22 now according to live chat although the online tracker says week 23. Wonder what changes the new build year will bring.
Thommy
New
Drives: Blue GT

Post by Thommy »

Scottydoo45 wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:18 am Did you not order day one aswell, that's shocking that it could be so long, I ordered day after and don't really want to have to wait that long, I'll be into mot and new insurance territory then so the dealership may be getting a small bill from me... All a bit of a shambles
Yeah I ordered on day of release. He said it’s due to the amount of options I have etc. It is a very long delay and as much as I love the look of the car and am a huge vw fan waiting 9 months from order is just crazy.

I am in MOT and insurance territory in May but he has said they will cover the mot and my insurance as free year was available when I ordered. Which is something I guess. I had to send a 2 page letter of complaint to start this process though.
gregclem
New
Drives: None

Post by gregclem »

I was looking at the gti plus for a company car .42 week waiting list .second choice was r line dsg 25 week waiting list might have to get the Ibiza fr now .the gti looks amazing but not sure I can wait nearly a year 😩