New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Cadwest
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by Cadwest »

johnpolo2 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:35 pm As has been said before by many of us and a few car journalists, VW are using WTLP as a bit of a smokescreen to possibly mask other production problems they have. VW staff here feel the emissions testing is not the only problem the factory has.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
I agree with you John, the factory that produces the Seat Ibiza and Arona is halting production for three days in November due to shortage of petrol engines and DSG gear box. Also all new Aronas at the moment are not arriving with folding mirrors as it appears the factory does not have the electric motors for them and people suspect what they do have are being diverted to the new Audi A1 being built in the same factory.
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

http://cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish/ ... any/160779

If he's still waiting for his car then no hope for the rest of us just yet...[emoji6]

New-gti-guy
New
Drives: 1.6

Post by New-gti-guy »

johnpolo2 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:23 pm http://cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish/ ... any/160779

If he's still waiting for his car then no hope for the rest of us just yet...[emoji6]

Ha ha ha ha
rooneys
New
Drives: Golf gtd

Post by rooneys »

Just been to Volkswagen to pick up a Loan car until mine is ready. Free motoring for a while. Apparently my polo gti + won't be ready until nearly March. I ordered on the 12th January. I suppose I should be happy with months of free motoring but it is the base model polo they have loaned me.
JonnyGti
New
Drives: Porsche Boxster

Post by JonnyGti »

Although a newbie member I read this thread with keen interest. My son ordered a GTI+ on Saturday 6th January 2018. They only started taking orders on the 5th. He's still not had a confirmed build week. His current car Polo Blue GT was on a PCP that ran out in August. He's had to take it on a HP Agreement over two years, as the PCP can only be extended for 3 months. Lookers have serviced and MOT'd the car FOC, and it's due another service (he does over 20k per annum). This week he's thought of cancelling and waiting to the end of the HP and ordering then. I've complained via email to VW Corporate Communications in Germany. There has been no response. The whole family have VW group cars, this has been so badly handled I wouldn't purchase another one. That's 5 cars including a Boxster and Q5. They are going to loose some very loyal customers.
roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

Post by roywolfey »

Noticed that there's a new pricelist dated 8th November. For the GTI, it doesn't look like there's any change on WLTP status compared to previous pricelist. :?
Nora
Bronze Member
Drives: A polo

Post by Nora »

I recently spoke to the salesman and mentioned that the MOT for my current polo is due in the next few weeks, they have offered to do the test FOC to keep me on the road, but because of my work schedule it’s unrealistic for me to arrange for them to do the test without me taking the day off, so I’ve Taken it to another garage who can do the test without the need to book it in advance, and the car has passed the test. So now I have more options for my current polo
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

roywolfey wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:23 pm Noticed that there's a new pricelist dated 8th November. For the GTI, it doesn't look like there's any change on WLTP status compared to previous pricelist. :?
Have the prices gone up Roy? I was quoted a price for the 2nd GTI+, although the dealership couldn't officially place the order early Oct when they tried (but took my deposit). Hope they don't try to force the price up being asked if they still haven't made the order official.

I will have to chase them up tomorrow as I'm back in the UK as of today with severe jetlag.

Wonder if manual gearbox is now available to order officially?
albob
Bronze Member
Drives: BlueGT

Post by albob »

"Have the prices gone up...."

The GTi/+ price in the current and previous price list are down as TBA …. :(
Matt88
New
Drives: 2018 R-Line

Post by Matt88 »

roywolfey wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:23 pm Noticed that there's a new pricelist dated 8th November. For the GTI, it doesn't look like there's any change on WLTP status compared to previous pricelist. :?
The only changes seem to be that the higher powered of the two non-turbo engines have now been approved and on the GTI models they have added some additional text about the suspension. Is this a new feature or an existing that applied to the current models?
Attachments
F522A324-2B2C-430B-ABB8-4A39F0CD70C5.png
roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

Post by roywolfey »

Matt88 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:26 pm
The only changes seem to be that the higher powered of the two non-turbo engines have now been approved and on the GTI models they have added some additional text about the suspension. Is this a new feature or an existing that applied to the current models?
The suspension text is a feature of the existing models but one that wasn’t described in earlier literature.
Robint
Bronze Member
Drives: 2018 polo GTI

Post by Robint »

As you say same as before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nora
Bronze Member

Post by Nora »

I’ve resigned myself to the fact that I’m not going to see my new car until around February/March next year, so as soon as I can I’m going to go speak to the salesman and see if we can delay registration until the new 19 plates come into play as I’m away on holiday through January- February, and the 19 plate should help the residual value of the car.

Until then I can amuse myself by looking at the possible combinations of new 19 plate registration plates on dvla website
Nora
Bronze Member

Post by Nora »

While browsing the DVLA registration number website
I’ve bought the registration number GT19OLO
Robint
Bronze Member
Drives: 2018 polo GTI

Post by Robint »