New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Surface36
Getting There!
Drives: SEL115 on order

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by Surface36 »

Info from dealer that they have had delays of up to 20 days getting cars released from Sheerness.

Does anyone know at what point VW agree on the finance. Just asking as I gave all my financials to them when I ordered the car two months ago. Since then I have been offered a retirement package from work and I will "retire" at the end of April.
Looks like the car will now arrive after I retire and will have less monthly income than I had declared to VW. Still able to afford the monthly payments but I plan to pay the finance off within six weeks when my lump sum from my pension company comes through.
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Surface36 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:53 pm Info from dealer that they have had delays of up to 20 days getting cars released from Sheerness.

Does anyone know at what point VW agree on the finance. Just asking as I gave all my financials to them when I ordered the car two months ago. Since then I have been offered a retirement package from work and I will "retire" at the end of April.
Looks like the car will now arrive after I retire and will have less monthly income than I had declared to VW. Still able to afford the monthly payments but I plan to pay the finance off within six weeks when my lump sum from my pension company comes through.
Your finance starts the day you pick up the car. They will almost certainly not credit check you again as they already have to establish your eligibility.
CageyJ0nnY
New
Drives: GTI

Post by CageyJ0nnY »

Got an update from my dealer this morning, my car is on the city of Oslo and is due in to the UK tomorrow.

Hopefully some of you guys have cars on board too!
Steve_2019
Bronze Member
Drives: VW Polo SEL DSG 2019

Post by Steve_2019 »

Surface36 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:53 pm Info from dealer that they have had delays of up to 20 days getting cars released from Sheerness.

I would thought they would checked if you are entitled too finance before putting the order through to VW just in case you can’t pay for it on finance.

I ordered my Polo in back end of February and 1st March I had a message saying the orders is with the factory but nothing moved since what’s bit disappointing but the dealer did say it be 4-5 month wait when I ordered it as the weeks tick by I’m thinking more likes be 6 months wait.
Surface36
Getting There!

Post by Surface36 »

CageyJ0nnY wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:12 pm Got an update from my dealer this morning, my car is on the city of Oslo and is due in to the UK tomorrow.

Hopefully some of you guys have cars on board too!
Here's the details

Destination Estimated Time of Arrival
DE EME>GB NCL 2019-04-20 03:00
Recent Port Calls Actual Time of Arrival (UTC)
Emden 2019-04-18 02:09
Grimsby 2019-04-16 14:52
Emden 2019-04-13 18:51
Grimsby 2019-04-12 09:32
Emden 2019-04-11 01:14
AshleyScrivens
New

Post by AshleyScrivens »

I had the 5b notification for my R-Line on the 6th April, I’ve had no text since but the app has recently updated in the past few days to say its on its journey to the UK. So I assume this is now 5c stage?

So far it’s been 16 days since arriving at Emden, the dealer doesn’t seem to want give me more information other than “it will be by the end of April” i also tried VW live chat but they just said they can’t give more info than I can see on the website.

I’m hoping to be in it by the end of next weekImage
Surface36
Getting There!

Post by Surface36 »

My SEL arrived in Emden on the Glovis Spring late in the evening 0f 4/4. First thing that happened was I got a text to say it was there, The text showed 5B but the online tracker remained the same -in transit.
Yesterday I phoned the dealer who was then told that my car was on the water to Sheerness.
I don't think this was quite right as the Sheerness ship was almost back in Emden.
During all this the online tracker says in transit and has never changed
So I think we can ignore the tracker.
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

A timeline of my order so far (if it helps anyone):
  • Order for a GTI placed in July 2018 (swapped order to a cancelled GTI+ in November 2018)
  • Build confirmed on the 12th of January for 04/03/2019
  • Told by my dealer the car was actually built the week before (25.02.2019) and released to the ship on 03.03.2019
  • App update to 5b on 06.04.2019 'Your car is on the next stage of its journey to the UK' - (think this was the arrived at Emden update)
  • App/Text update to 5c on 17.06.2019 'Your car is in the final stage of its journey to the UK'
Apparently 5c is on the boat heading to the UK. So I'm sure mine should be in the UK by now but no update since.
deeklad13
New
Drives: 2019 Polo GTI+

Post by deeklad13 »

Been told by dealer my car is at Tyne and has a transportation order against it in his system.

Anyone know how long cars tend to be at Tyne for and does the transportation order actually indicate anything meaningful, such as being high up in the queue to get on a transporter?
Cheers
peeceeuk
Bronze Member
Drives: Snazzy red GTi

Post by peeceeuk »

The ship mine is, or was on, moored in Emden today after spending all of yesterday sitting out at sea off the coast of Germany having left Zeebrugge the night before.
No updates today that it has arrived in Emden though.
Surface36
Getting There!

Post by Surface36 »

what's the ship name?
peeceeuk
Bronze Member

Post by peeceeuk »

Glovis Crown
snowyboy
New
Drives: Polo blue gt

Post by snowyboy »

Hi all just an update,4 days in driving new gti. Overall performance very good.black paint a nightmare.very dirty already.bad points found loose trim on centre console,roof lining outside of rubber seal in areas and also drivers side air vent in the closes position dial is not opening or closing it.going back on weds to be rectified hopefully not in there to long.cant stand all that waiting again.good luck all with your cars
peeceeuk
Bronze Member

Post by peeceeuk »

snowyboy wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:04 pm Hi all just an update,4 days in driving new gti. Overall performance very good.black paint a nightmare.very dirty already.bad points found loose trim on centre console,roof lining outside of rubber seal in areas and also drivers side air vent in the closes position dial is not opening or closing it.going back on weds to be rectified hopefully not in there to long.cant stand all that waiting again.good luck all with your cars
I'm sure you're not the first to mention a dodgy air vent on here.
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

deeklad13 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:54 pm Been told by dealer my car is at Tyne and has a transportation order against it in his system.

Anyone know how long cars tend to be at Tyne for and does the transportation order actually indicate anything meaningful, such as being high up in the queue to get on a transporter?
Cheers
What's the supplying dealership? Tyne and Wear Lookers and Pulman branches get delivered very quick. Never waited more than a week to pick up Pulman or Benfield (now Lookers) sourced VW from it hitting Tyne dock (had 6 new VWs from these branches over the years)