New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
allye
Getting There!
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by allye »

Suspect the dealer has as much info as we do or less. Will wait for now but if I see in the coming months a GTI on the road with the dealers sticker on the back window before I get mine I would not like to be in their shoes!!
erxrx
New
Drives: Golf mk4/mk10 polo on the way

Post by erxrx »

allye wrote:Suspect the dealer has as much info as we do or less. Will wait for now but if I see in the coming months a GTI on the road with the dealers sticker on the back window before I get mine I would not like to be in their shoes!!
Less, it would seem. No one seems to have a solid answer to anything right now, it seems to me, which is insane. What also bothers me is that if some extra I ordered was slowing down the production of the car, surely they would get in touch and say “because of X you asked for the, the car is going to take 2 months longer. You can either remove that, or wait”, or something among the lines..
VW really need to get their s**t together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thommy
New
Drives: Blue GT

Post by Thommy »

erxrx wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:24 pm
allye wrote:Suspect the dealer has as much info as we do or less. Will wait for now but if I see in the coming months a GTI on the road with the dealers sticker on the back window before I get mine I would not like to be in their shoes!!
Less, it would seem. No one seems to have a solid answer to anything right now, it seems to me, which is insane. What also bothers me is that if some extra I ordered was slowing down the production of the car, surely they would get in touch and say “because of X you asked for the, the car is going to take 2 months longer. You can either remove that, or wait”, or something among the lines..

So true, I have sent a long complaint to my dealership today so I wonder what their response will be
erxrx
New
Drives: Golf mk4/mk10 polo on the way

Post by erxrx »

Thommy wrote:

So true, I have sent a long complaint to my dealership today so I wonder what their response will be
If your dealer is anything like mine, the response won’t happen until you start phoning them..
talking to my mate about this, we’re both baffled. He’s got a fiesta st, which he got in under a month, while this is turning into a joke.

Thommy
New

Post by Thommy »

erxrx wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:02 pm
Thommy wrote:

If your dealer is anything like mine, the response won’t happen until you start phoning them..
talking to my mate about this, we’re both baffled. He’s got a fiesta st, which he got in under a month, while this is turning into a joke.

That’s what I don’t understand.

I swear I read polo GTI sales make up about 9% of polo sales. Are we supposed to believe a few positive reviews and a 2 litre engine equate to 42 week lead times???
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Long wait times seem to be par for the course with VW when a new model is launched. It happened when the Scirocco was launched, and the mk7 Golf. I doubt there’s much that dealers can do to speed things up as I suspect the issues (whatever the issues are) are with the factory, or VW’s suppliers.

From being on a number of VW forums, I’ve come to the conclusion that if you’re an early adopter of a new model, the waiting times can be very long in the early months. That’s really frustrating for you guys who have absolutely no information on when your cars will be built and I feel for you, and it’s one of the main reasons I’m not an early adopter.

Some of you have mentioned you’re considering cancelling your order; be aware that the terms and conditions on your order form probably states that you may forfeit any deposit you’ve paid if you cancel, so please don’t be too hasty.
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Post by barrywi »

Just been down to the dealer and he had a list of customers orders in front of him that he was chasing up to get build week date. He has told me that my build week is "more or less guaranteed " for week 22 and that my car will be one of the first Gtis to arrive. The actual arrival date he has had to guesstimate as late July. The complication for me is that we are trading in. VW High UP and the tax,mot , insurance and service are all due near the end of June. The tax is £20 so no problem . He said they will do the MOT for free and I assume the service as when they sell the UP they would have to service it anyway. For insurance ,as the new Polo comes with a years VW insurance I have two options. Insure the car with a company that has a low cancellation fee or look around for an insurer who could insure the UP for maybe a month at a time. I can research that when the actual date of UK arrival is set. They will stick with the trade in price anyway.
I then said what happens if the new car does not arrive until much later, say 2019( Please no!) ? He said that if the delay was that long that he thought that the garage would provide a car to borrow.
So I am reasonably happy to keep the order going as we are not desperate to have the car and also did not find any alternatives when we did the initial research . Mercs BMWs and Audi equivalents were all too expensive. We did not want the more "boy racer" types such as Ford , Citroen and Peugeot, we are too old for " The ultimate cornering ability" type of car!
I just wish I was more patient.
clidds
New
Drives: GTI+

Post by clidds »

barrywi wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:52 pm For insurance ,as the new Polo comes with a years VW insurance I have two options. Insure the car with a company that has a low cancellation fee or look around for an insurer who could insure the UP for maybe a month at a time.
I’ve emailed my dealer to clarify now that the free insurance offer has been pulled from the GTI models that VW will still honour the 1 years free insurance on existing orders. I’m still waiting for him to clarify.
Thommy
New

Post by Thommy »

barrywi wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:52 pm Just been down to the dealer and he had a list of customers orders in front of him that he was chasing up to get build week date. He has told me that my build week is "more or less guaranteed " for week 22 and that my car will be one of the first Gtis to arrive. The actual arrival date he has had to guesstimate as late July. The complication for me is that we are trading in. VW High UP and the tax,mot , insurance and service are all due near the end of June. The tax is £20 so no problem . He said they will do the MOT for free and I assume the service as when they sell the UP they would have to service it anyway. For insurance ,as the new Polo comes with a years VW insurance I have two options. Insure the car with a company that has a low cancellation fee or look around for an insurer who could insure the UP for maybe a month at a time. I can research that when the actual date of UK arrival is set. They will stick with the trade in price anyway.
I then said what happens if the new car does not arrive until much later, say 2019( Please no!) ? He said that if the delay was that long that he thought that the garage would provide a car to borrow.
So I am reasonably happy to keep the order going as we are not desperate to have the car and also did not find any alternatives when we did the initial research . Mercs BMWs and Audi equivalents were all too expensive. We did not want the more "boy racer" types such as Ford , Citroen and Peugeot, we are too old for " The ultimate cornering ability" type of car!
I just wish I was more patient.
When did you order your car?
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

February10th, but we may have taken over the salesman's allocation as he ordered one for his own use when the model was first announced. Lets hope the insurance deal is honoured.
Thommy
New

Post by Thommy »

barrywi wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:01 pm February10th, but we may have taken over the salesman's allocation as he ordered one for his own use when the model was first announced. Lets hope the insurance deal is honoured.
The insurance was part of my complaint to the dealership today and he didn’t give an answer other than he thinks they must have changed provider hence the change to GTI exclusion.

He also said that despite ordering mine on Jan 5th it is still 00 so I may as well have ordered it this morning.....

He is trying to amend the dealers car to my options but it isn’t accepting that either. Have you had many options? I had deep black pearl, brescias, discover nav, cc, rear view camera, art velours and winter pack so that might have something to do with it. Can’t believe they have brought the white with black roof back. I had that originally and then they removed it as an option!!!!!
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

Options ordered. Climate, Discover Nav and Winter pack. Obviously as it is the plus version most stuff comes as standard. The dealer did show me one buyer (Not a Gti ) who still had a zero against his order which he could not understand.
Bizarrely one order was for an SE with three cylinder engine optioned up to £22000 and could not be convinced to just order a Gti!
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

@barrywi; it’s good to see your dealer is looking after you by paying for your MOT, standing by the part ex price on your trade-in and putting you in a (presumably free) loan car if you experience an excessive delay. I suppose that with the long delays, GTI’s and GTI+’s will be a bit like hens teeth - we won’t be seeing many on the roads in 2018. Lack of availablility will also help keep residuals strong in the short term, which is good for the lucky few that have a GTI / GTI+ on order.

When I bought my Mk6 Golf back in 2011, I also experienced long delays (an 8 month wait) and my dealer was very good. They also honoured my part exchange price, and contributed towards my servicing, MOT and maintenance costs on my (then) current car. So it seems as if the dealers have to bail out VW at times when they have issues with their production schedule! VW did give me a £50 voucher to spend on VW accessories :lol:. That was big of them; not much by way of compensation for an eight month wait.
barrywi wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:01 pm The dealer did show me one buyer (Not a Gti ) who still had a zero against his order which he could not understand.
Bizarrely one order was for an SE with three cylinder engine optioned up to £22000 and could not be convinced to just order a Gti!
I know the GTI isn’t for everyone, and deciding on which model to get is very much a personal choice, but it does seem strange that someone would spend GTI money on an SE. If it was my money, I know which one of the two I would choose.
George2702
New
Drives: Polo GTI+ DSG 2018

Post by George2702 »

Hi guys, i ordered my polo gti+ on the 9th of March. I went around various dealers and eventually settled with one which had 6 slots available. He said that they only had 6 slots for 2018 and that after that, you could still order but it wouldn't be processed until the next allocation of slots that the dealer got, which could be next year. This could potentially be why some of you put orders in early in the year, but might not have heard anything back or have got late build dates. I.e. your dealer might have already used up all their slots for that year or quarter. Mine will be ready for delivery on the 1st of September, stated on the invoice. Good luck with your GTI'S! :D
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

These delays are no surprise. I waited 8 months for a Golf R, while people were getting cheap lease deal orders fulfilled in 3 months. I suspect it was the 19" Pretoria alloy option that caused delays as a few others on long delays also specced the Prets. The leasers were all vanilla spec. Hard to believe that alliy wheel options delayed a car's build by 5 months.

In relation to insurance freebie, it was only guaranteed for Polos built and delivered by May, so they can modify the terms for orders fulfilled after that and not be in breach of contract if yours is delivered later.

The GTI is selling like hot cakes, not surprised VW have pulled the offer for the GTI. If they don't need to offer it to make popular cars sell then they won't. They do have to honour agreed price at point of order, even if a price rise comes in while waiting.

When I ordered my R, 3 year GFV was £18500 (helped lease companies offer such cheap leases), I was approved for finance. By the time the car came, GFV was £15500 and effectively £105 more per month. They did not honour the original terms. I ended up buying outright to do VWFS out of their commission and interest.