New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
peeceeuk
Bronze Member
Drives: Snazzy red GTi

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by peeceeuk »

Sounds like a lot of hassle making back money on a preferred tyre choice.
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

Needs a clean but a few pics anyway.ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

peeceeuk wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:48 pm Sounds like a lot of hassle making back money on a preferred tyre choice.
It's hassle I'd rather not have, but I was not going to compromise a £23k car's driveability because of VW's poor tyre choices. Getting 2/3 of my outlay back to fit massively better tyres is a good result for me.

The Bridgestones are terrible on traction (rampant tramping), turn in grip, noise and ride comfort - and all that applies in the wet or dry. When the back end of my red GTI+ got away from me on a bone dry mild day when accelerating with 2/3 throttle from a large multi lane roundabout that a Golf GTD managed comfortably (as it effortlessly went past me) then I knew they had to go, as a matter of safety, or drive the car like an elderly nun.

I wouldn't have picked Parkers just to avoid that need to change the tyres (you've no guarantee that VW won't change trye types in the future).
paulrodgers7
Getting There!
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi + White/black roof

Post by paulrodgers7 »

Trantor wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:54 pm
paulrodgers7 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:31 am Another update this morning, reality is kicking in

Date of order: 4th June 2018
Order number received: 6th June 2018
Order with the factory: 21st September 2018
Build week confirmed: 28th March 2019, build week 19
Car built: 8th May 2019
In transit 5a: 11th May 2019
In transit 5b: 1st June 2019
In transit 5c: 7th June 2019
Nearly there Paul :wink:
You ordered yours a week before me. I'm still at 5a. At least the car has now been built. Likely an early July delivery if all goes well.
Cheers pal, getting there slowly but surely, i have no doubt we will be enjoying our new purchases for the summer months, bring on a heatwave :D
paulrodgers7
Getting There!

Post by paulrodgers7 »

johnpolo2 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:38 am Needs a clean but a few pics anyway.

John your car looks amazing, i love that colour with the wheel choice, the pics look fantastic, i am really pleased for you now that your wait is over and fun begins :D
Last edited by paulrodgers7 on Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

Looks great John glad you've finally got it! Enjoy. :)
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

Cheers.
Coming from the 6C it definitely eats up the road with greater ease.
The car is more accomplished in the twists and turns, steering more precise and unlike the 6C you stay routed in your seat.
I haven't thought wow what a difference, its just a quietly better experience...

New-gti-guy
New
Drives: 1.6

Post by New-gti-guy »

Hi everyone,
Got my GTI a few days ago, been having so much fun and covered about 400 miles already.
I have a question regarding the driving profiles. Does anyone notice a difference in changing the select suspension from normal to sport? how about the steering profile?
Can't find any info in the book as to what exactly is affected when these setting s are modified??
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

New-gti-guy wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:10 pm Hi everyone,
Got my GTI a few days ago, been having so much fun and covered about 400 miles already.
I have a question regarding the driving profiles. Does anyone notice a difference in changing the select suspension from normal to sport? how about the steering profile?
Can't find any info in the book as to what exactly is affected when these setting s are modified??
Sport steering is heavier, with less distance between left full lock and right full lock (variable steering rack).

Sport suspension is firmer - less damper travel.

You can set up in individual mode to mix and match attributes from different profiles e.g. normal suspension with Sport engine abd steering settings.
Griff74
Silver Member
Drives: 2019 Polo GTi+ in Reef blue

Post by Griff74 »

Went to do all the finance stuff for my GTi+ yesterday, am booked in for delivery Friday morning (hope the awful weather forecast for tomorrow doesn't affect the car getting delivered to the dealers tomorrow!). My dealers have just got a new GTi+ in Reef Blue in to sell, is on the standard Parker alloys like my own and seeing it has completely put my mind at ease about not having the optional Brescia alloys, as it looks great on the Parkers.
paulrodgers7
Getting There!

Post by paulrodgers7 »

For anyone still waiting on delivery, another status update:

Date of order: 4th June 2018
Order number received: 6th June 2018
Order with the factory: 21st September 2018
Build week confirmed: 28th March 2019, build week 19
Car built: 8th May 2019
In transit 5a: 11th May 2019
In transit 5b: 1st June 2019
In transit 5c: 7th June 2019
Arrived in UK: 11th June 2019
Griff74
Silver Member

Post by Griff74 »

I received my stage 7 notification again this morning, car in the UK, I already got this on the 1st of June, today is the day my car is due at the dealers so am hoping it is from the car being scanned on to the transporter, or maybe they are giving me 2 cars!! :mrgreen:
Griff74
Silver Member

Post by Griff74 »

So it seems the VW tracker telling me my car was in the UK (again) this morning was even more wrong, my car turned up at the dealers late yesterday afternoon (when my salesman was on his day off) and he's just sent me a video of it still in it's wrapping, can't wait for Friday morning now! :D
l3rady
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+ 2019

Post by l3rady »

Griff74 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:23 pm So it seems the VW tracker telling me my car was in the UK (again) this morning was even more wrong, my car turned up at the dealers late yesterday afternoon (when my salesman was on his day off) and he's just sent me a video of it still in it's wrapping, can't wait for Friday morning now! :D
Stage 7, is arrived at the dealer. Are you sure you got sage 7 back on 1st of June? I suspect what you got was stage 6 which means landed in the UK awaiting transporter to the dealer, then some transit time.
Griff74
Silver Member

Post by Griff74 »

Sorry I meant stage 6 again, still not had my stage 7 but got 2 stage 6 notifications, car is at the dealers now, I have seen a video of it and am happy!
Screenshot_20190612-122824_Messages.jpg