New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by johnpolo2 »

silver38 wrote:This is from the VW.de site today.

Due to capacity bottlenecks and to avoid undue waiting times for new orders, the Polo GTI (fuel consumption, l / 100 km: urban 7.7 / out of 4.9 / combined 5.9 combined CO₂ emission, g / km: 134, efficiency class: C 2 ) can not be ordered temporarily. We will inform you as soon as the model can be ordered again.
Their bulletin should have read. Due to dieselgate cost cutting, the removal of a production line in Spain and producing everything out of the lower running cost South Africa plant, has resulted in a very predictable bottleneck.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

albob
Bronze Member
Drives: BlueGT

Post by albob »

allye wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:47 pm "..... Much better that Chris Evans review in the Sunday Mail today which he says dull on the outside but 5 stars for everything else...."

a link to the Evans review for those who don't get the Mail...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/event/ ... hrill.html
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

johnpolo2 wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:46 pm

Due to capacity bottlenecks and to avoid undue waiting times for new orders, the Polo GTI (fuel consumption, l / 100 km: urban 7.7 / out of 4.9 / combined 5.9 combined CO₂ emission, g / km: 134, efficiency class: C 2 ) can not be ordered temporarily. We will inform you as soon as the model can be ordered again.
Their bulletin should have read. Due to dieselgate cost cutting, the removal of a production line in Spain and producing everything out of the lower running cost South Africa plant, has resulted in a very predictable bottleneck.

I might be wrong, but remember that it is only RHD Polo that are being produced in SA, so VW is only moving all its RHD Polos to one operational base.

LHD Polo will also be suffering similar delays unless some areas of Europe are delaying the implementation of the new testing regime.
roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

Post by roywolfey »

RUM4MO wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:34 pm
johnpolo2 wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:46 pm

I might be wrong, but remember that it is only RHD Polo that are being produced in SA, so VW is only moving all its RHD Polos to one operational base.

LHD Polo will also be suffering similar delays unless some areas of Europe are delaying the implementation of the new testing regime.
I’ve seen it reported that Uitenhage also produces Polos for LHD markets, especially the Polo GTI.

https://m.wheels24.co.za/News/Industry_ ... y-20180126
MattHGR
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI+

Post by MattHGR »

For anyone with the GTi already, I'd like to know what happens when you do the following. (With keyless entry)

Start the engine with the push button start.
Exit the car with the key.
Tap the lock area on the door.
Is the car locked with the engine running ?
If not, try clicking the lock button on the fob.
Is it locked with engine running now ?

This would be a really good feature for warming the car up in the morning (whether leaving the car to warm up is legal anymore I have no idea)
Thanks,
Matt
Robint
Bronze Member
Drives: 2018 polo GTI

Post by Robint »

Hi Matt. With the engine running you cannot lock the car either way keyless of with the fob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MattHGR
Bronze Member

Post by MattHGR »

Robint wrote:Hi Matt. With the engine running you cannot lock the car either way keyless of with the fob

That's a shame ! Thanks for checking [emoji4]
Robint
Bronze Member
Drives: 2018 polo GTI

Post by Robint »

No prob. When you hoping to have your car ?

monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

silver38 wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:01 pm This is from the VW.de site today.

Are those new economy figures based on WLTP? If so, nothing has changed, the combined figure of 5.9l per 100km (62 miles) is equivalent to 48mpg.
MattHGR
Bronze Member

Post by MattHGR »

Robint wrote:No prob. When you hoping to have your car ?

I'd like to have it by March as my Mot runs out then, but it will probably be later than that [emoji3525]
I'm sure it's worth the wait [emoji16]
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

roywolfey wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:54 pm
monkeyhanger wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:52 pm
Cadwest wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:35 am Not sure if this link has been posted up from Mat Watson before so apologies if it has, it’s from three weeks ago and during his review he tests the 0-60 and records a time of 6.4 seconds.

https://youtu.be/Pq6YL6EvKuk
I always wonder about these user/reviewer measured "0-60" times. Are they directly comparable to official figures? Are they measuring 0-62mph (100kmph) as the official figures do, or 0-60mph - which should be marginally quicker, especially if it avoids a gear change to 3rd that 0-62 may have had.
For what it’s worth, this video posts 0-60mph in 6.1 and 0-100kmh in 6.5
https://youtu.be/BGE6aaRIr7k
For comparison with the official figures, it's 0-100kmph that counts (62mph). Looking at the active display, you can see that the car got off to a great start , with some tyre squeal but no tramping and no serious traction control issues.

Traction control is switched off in launch mode, but it still lights up bottom left when there's some brief tramping on the gear change from 1st to 2nd and the speed blips up about 6kmphthen back down as the true speed registers after the tramping. Then it's away again, 3rd comes in at 87km/h. If it's a Czech car, it may well be on better rubber than Bridgestone Turanza (as we in the UK seem to get with Brescias). For the Performance Golfs at least, different markets get different tyres, the German forums have alluded to German/Austrian/Italian market Performance Golfs never coming on Bridgestone Potenzas) to avoid the 1st/2nd wheelspin.

Even so, if you consider the official times 0f 0-62 in 6.7s, if you assumed linear acceleration, that's almost 1.1mph gain for every 0.1s of time elapsed, so 0-60 would be about 2.2s quicker than 0.62. In reality it won't quite be linear in 1st and 2nd.
johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

I've just had notification by app and email that my build has progressed to stage 2 with the factory.
How ridiculous. ..it's been at that stage since February.

paulrodgers7
Getting There!
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi + White/black roof

Post by paulrodgers7 »

I’ve just had the same notifications, maybe the factory has just woken from its summer hibernation :lol:
johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

vw chat have said my car order has been put into the database showing an unconfirmed projection of week 16 2019. ( That's as if I had only just ordered the car.) However this will change to a confirmed build date and the date will move. Crazy

John501
New
Drives: Golf 1:4 tsi Polo gti + sometime

Post by John501 »

paulrodgers7 wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:43 am I’ve just had the same notifications, maybe the factory has just woken from its summer hibernation :lol:
I've just had a similar text stating the order has progressed to Stage 2. It's been there since May when the car was ordered. Shambles!