New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by monkeyhanger »

EmmaBx wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:00 am My dealer has just told me there's a stock GTI+ polo that has a build week of Jan with expected delivery around the end of March, possibly April that I can swap my order to. The only difference is it doesn't have the Brescia wheels, which were the main thing I wanted! But I am so sick of waiting (placed the order on 10th Feb) that I don't know whether to take it? Mine doesn't even have a build week so i'll be waiting well after April if I stick with it! What would you guys do?
The dealer should be able to find out a current planned (but not confirmed) build week for your car. If yours will be a month behind, I'd wait. If it's more than 3 months behind, it might not be such a clear decision having waited so long already. Mine has Brescias and it was a requirement for me. The upgrade difference is so small (price) that you're going to pay so much morebuying a set of 18" wheels and tyres separately.
EmmaBx
New
Drives: GTI

Post by EmmaBx »

monkeyhanger wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:46 am
EmmaBx wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:00 am My dealer has just told me there's a stock GTI+ polo that has a build week of Jan with expected delivery around the end of March, possibly April that I can swap my order to. The only difference is it doesn't have the Brescia wheels, which were the main thing I wanted! But I am so sick of waiting (placed the order on 10th Feb) that I don't know whether to take it? Mine doesn't even have a build week so i'll be waiting well after April if I stick with it! What would you guys do?
The dealer should be able to find out a current planned (but not confirmed) build week for your car. If yours will be a month behind, I'd wait. If it's more than 3 months behind, it might not be such a clear decision having waited so long already. Mine has Brescias and it was a requirement for me. The upgrade difference is so small (price) that you're going to pay so much morebuying a set of 18" wheels and tyres separately.
He's saying my order has an 'error code' coming up and he doesn't know what that means, nor do VW apparently?! :x He keeps saying that there is no update until I receive a build week. The wheels are the main thing I wanted too so I don't really want to take the other one but I am just so sick of waiting. It will be well over a year by the time mine actually comes by the looks of it!
Martin-GTi
New
Drives: 2019 Polo GTI+

Post by Martin-GTi »

EmmaBx wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:01 am
He's saying my order has an 'error code' coming up and he doesn't know what that means, nor do VW apparently?! :x He keeps saying that there is no update until I receive a build week. The wheels are the main thing I wanted too so I don't really want to take the other one but I am just so sick of waiting. It will be well over a year by the time mine actually comes by the looks of it!
I live in the same county as you and ordered my GTI+ on 12th May, along with the 18” Brescia wheels and other options. I’ve been given a provisional build week of 5 next year, which is the beginning of February 2019. Of course, the build date may well move back, but VW customer services and my dealer have said it should be correct.

The VW error code isn’t your fault (perhaps the sales agent messed-up the order) and you’ve waited for a long time. I’d only accept the stock GTI+ on the agreement that they order the wheels you wanted and replace the 17” ones free of charge when the Brescia wheels arrive. The larger wheels do look better in my opinion.
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Post by barrywi »

The Parker wheels ,apart from the daft name , have had admiring glances and comments from fellow petrol heads. Also they give a better ride, will cost less to replace the tyres , be easier to clean, and will only give a marginal improvement in roadholding, perhaps only noticeable on a track. Personally I think there are lots of other things on the Gti Plus to admire instead ,particularly the twin screen system and smart cruise system.
Once the Brescias get dirty nobody will notice the difference.........Incoming!🚀
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

I'm looking forward to the Brescias from a cleaning perspective coming from my current Parabolicas. I renamed them 'Diabolicals' due to their awkwardness when it comes to cleaning.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

johnpolo2 wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:18 am I'm looking forward to the Brescias from a cleaning perspective coming from my current Parabolicas. I renamed them 'Diabolicals' due to their awkwardness when it comes to cleaning.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
Always a factor for me when I buy a car. I ordered my 6c Polo GTI with the optional Serron alloys because they were so much easier to clean than the Parabolicas. Changed the Serrons though just over 3 months into ownership for VW Motorsport alloys as I don’t like diamond cut alloys. The Motorsports are also very easy to clean - not just the face of the wheels, but the wheel barrels and the reverse side of the spokes too.
EmmaBx
New

Post by EmmaBx »

Martin-GTi wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:24 pm
EmmaBx wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:01 am

I live in the same county as you and ordered my GTI+ on 12th May, along with the 18” Brescia wheels and other options. I’ve been given a provisional build week of 5 next year, which is the beginning of February 2019. Of course, the build date may well move back, but VW customer services and my dealer have said it should be correct.

The VW error code isn’t your fault (perhaps the sales agent messed-up the order) and you’ve waited for a long time. I’d only accept the stock GTI+ on the agreement that they order the wheels you wanted and replace the 17” ones free of charge when the Brescia wheels arrive. The larger wheels do look better in my opinion.
I asked a while ago about taking a stock GTI+ and then getting them to replace the wheels with the Brescia and waive the fee but they said no :( it's so frustrating when people who ordered months after me have build weeks :cry:
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

barrywi wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:14 am The Parker wheels ,apart from the daft name , have had admiring glances and comments from fellow petrol heads. Also they give a better ride, will cost less to replace the tyres , be easier to clean, and will only give a marginal improvement in roadholding, perhaps only noticeable on a track. Personally I think there are lots of other things on the Gti Plus to admire instead ,particularly the twin screen system and smart cruise system.
Once the Brescias get dirty nobody will notice the difference.........Incoming!🚀
The Brescias are noticeably bigger and do look better to most (with a big visual impact), for what is a relatively modest option (my Golf R's wheel upgrade from the hideous standard Cadiz to the Pretorias was about £890, if I remember rightly). I couldn't have lived with the Cadiz, I could live with the Parkers if I thought they were going to delay my car 6 months (they're not that bad).

The 18" wheel is barely harder on the ride than the 17", bearing in mind the stiff sports suspension is the main cause of firmness.

With a second GTI+ ordered to replace the Golf R, I didn't hesitate to order Brescias again. Tyre costs between the 2 are £4 a corner at Costco if you go for 225/40R18 - a much more common width in 18". Ordering Brescias didn't hold up the first GTI+ we picked up in July.

The Bridgestones seem surprisingly good at low temps vs what they were like in the Summer (they're still noisy).
jylydesign
Getting There!
Drives: GTI+ on order

Post by jylydesign »

I would have preferred the Brescias but took a dealer stock vehicle with Parkers instead of waiting (ordered May, delivered July). IMO they don't look bad at all and I've been very impressed with the Michelin tyres they come with. Image

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

EmmaBx
New

Post by EmmaBx »

They actually don't look bad but I just personally prefer the Brescia wheels. My problem is that they won't lower the monthly payments if I take the stock one with the Parker wheels because the stock one comes with a few more added extras which means it's actually more expensive than the one I've ordered. So my thinking is if I'm going to take a car that isn't quite what I want then I would at least expect to pay a little less for it, especially as I don't need any of the added extras the stock one comes with!
New-gti-guy
New
Drives: 1.6

Post by New-gti-guy »

jylydesign wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:46 pm I would have preferred the Brescias but took a dealer stock vehicle with Parkers instead of waiting (ordered May, delivered July). IMO they don't look bad at all and I've been very impressed with the Michelin tyres they come with. Image

Really nice.
Glad you got yours sorted. I would have done the same. My car is exactly that configuration, but in White.

The wait is killing me.. Lol
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Post by barrywi »

Heres a flashy red one
C067A2E4-06A0-4C92-A795-35F75BD6831B.jpeg
allye
Getting There!
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Post by allye »

Finally just go a build date from the retailer of week 9. So I think I should get delivery early May (week 17ish). Not bad as I ordered it end January so only a 16 month wait. Thanks VW for your incompetence. :(
albob
Bronze Member
Drives: BlueGT

Post by albob »

Saw a transporter load of New Polos heading west on the M180 today (out of Grimsby?) - two Flash Red cars on board.. .. :)
jylydesign
Getting There!
Drives: GTI+ on order

Post by jylydesign »

albob wrote:Saw a transporter load of New Polos heading west on the M180 today (out of Grimsby?) - two Flash Red cars on board.. .. :)
GTI's?