New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
phillos
Bronze Member
Drives: '19 Polo (AW)

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by phillos »

NL-GTI wrote:Hi All,

Greetings from The Netherlands.
Just registered to the forum.
I have been reading the forum for some time now.
I learned a lot, thanks to everyone who shared information.
I envy you guys, having this app and showing you all kind of info about your new car.
We don't have that here in The Netherlands and dealer can't tell much about the status of my order.
Few days ago I contacted Volkswagen Netherlands and they know even less. :roll: Nothing that is!

That's why I come here, here is where the info is. :mrgreen:

Ordered on February 14th 2019 and got a confirmed build week 23.
Reef Blue on Brescia's
Anyone here with the same built week 23 that can share some info about their status.

TIA

Welcome to the forums.

I ordered mine around the same time as you. I’m picking mine up this first coming Monday.

So I’m guessing yours should be coming soon as well.

I don’t have any tracker info either but the word is the tracker is delayed and not reliable anyway.
E10
New
Drives: Audi A3 Limousine 1.4 S-line

Post by E10 »

Hi TIA, welcome! Nice to see another member from the Netherlands! Best info ever on this forum! My GTI was orderd last month and will be deliverd first half of january :?
Dark_cze
Silver Member
Drives: AW GTI with MT

Post by Dark_cze »

monkeyhanger wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:10 am Unless you like driving around with your windows down, the soundaktor set to "Eco" and no music on, you'd be hard pushed to notice the burps (and pops for the non-GPF variant).
Which is exactly what I do :D
NL-GTI
New
Drives: Reef Blue GTI

Post by NL-GTI »

phillos wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:16 pm
NL-GTI wrote:Hi All,

Greetings from The Netherlands.
Just registered to the forum.
I have been reading the forum for some time now.
I learned a lot, thanks to everyone who shared information.
I envy you guys, having this app and showing you all kind of info about your new car.
We don't have that here in The Netherlands and dealer can't tell much about the status of my order.
Few days ago I contacted Volkswagen Netherlands and they know even less. :roll: Nothing that is!

That's why I come here, here is where the info is. :mrgreen:

Ordered on February 14th 2019 and got a confirmed build week 23.
Reef Blue on Brescia's
Anyone here with the same built week 23 that can share some info about their status.

TIA

Welcome to the forums.

I ordered mine around the same time as you. I’m picking mine up this first coming Monday.

So I’m guessing yours should be coming soon as well.

I don’t have any tracker info either but the word is the tracker is delayed and not reliable anyway.
I ordered a month earlier reading in your post in the other thread.
I have no other information then build week 23.
Now what was weird and the dealer thought that also.
They thought my car has been built and send me an email 5 weeks prior build week 23. :shock:
On further investigation, my order was only assigned a vinnumber.
Usually that happens when it has been built.
You guys got notifications assigning vinnumbers to your order?

When exactly was the switch for building gti's in South Africa.
I thought that was way earlier then the time we ordered.
Trantor
Getting There!
Drives: GTI+

Post by Trantor »

I'm finally getting there!

Ordered GTI+ mid June 2018
Built mid May 2019
5a - 1st June 2019
5b - 3rd July 2019

All being well, on track to take delivery 3rd week of July :D
TurboTrev
Getting There!
Drives: Golf CS

Post by TurboTrev »

^^^^ Mine also went Stage 5b - 3 July (arrived in Emden). It actually arrived 1 July as I was tracking the boat.

Just waiting in the queue now for a ship to bring it up to the Port of Tyne.

Car was ordered towards the end of April 2018.
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

TurboTrev wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:52 pm ^^^^ Mine also went Stage 5b - 3 July (arrived in Emden). It actually arrived 1 July as I was tracking the boat.

Are you local to Tyne Trev? Local Pulman and Lookers VW dealerships in Tyne and Wear are usually very quick to receive deliveries from Tyne Dock. I can see all the ships coming in from my living room!
TurboTrev
Getting There!
Drives: Golf CS

Post by TurboTrev »

monkeyhanger wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:56 pm
TurboTrev wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:52 pm ^^^^ Mine also went Stage 5b - 3 July (arrived in Emden). It actually arrived 1 July as I was tracking the boat.

Are you local to Tyne Trev? Local Pulman and Lookers VW dealerships in Tyne and Wear are usually very quick to receive deliveries from Tyne Dock. I can see all the ships coming in from my living room!
That's a great view you must have! I'm in Darlington, but car is ordered via Lookers, Northallerton.
firecloud7
New
Drives: MK10 GTI+

Post by firecloud7 »

Hi all, due to moving for work I am regrettably putting my '18 Pearl Black GTI+ up for sale, with just 9,500 miles on the clock and no mechanical or physical faults whatsoever.

It's been an absolute blast to own, and would be the same for any buyer looking to skip the delivery wait!

If you'd be interested, see my ad on the selling section of the forum here: viewtopic.php?f=59&t=73375
ste-pc
New
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by ste-pc »

It was strange to see 2 brand new cars sat at my dealership when I took mine for its 1st service about a week ago. Brand new gti+ in black and a gti in the dark grey. Both for sale and unregistered as yet. Odd to think so many are still waiting for build dates.
Nora
Bronze Member
Drives: A polo

Post by Nora »

Anyone here expecting delivery of a blue Gti (**19 OOY) this weekend? As a beavertail pickup has just passed me on the A417 near Cirencester with this car on the back. Despite the recent increase in Gti numbers this is the 1st other one I’ve seen outside of a showroom
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

Nora wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:14 pm Anyone here expecting delivery of a blue Gti (**19 OOY) this weekend? As a beavertail pickup has just passed me on the A417 near Cirencester with this car on the back. Despite the recent increase in Gti numbers this is the 1st other one I’ve seen outside of a showroom
Apart from my SEL, there are two GTI+ down our cul-de-sac.
Steve_2019
Bronze Member
Drives: VW Polo SEL DSG 2019

Post by Steve_2019 »

ste-pc wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:51 am It was strange to see 2 brand new cars sat at my dealership when I took mine for its 1st service about a week ago. Brand new gti+ in black and a gti in the dark grey. Both for sale and unregistered as yet. Odd to think so many are still waiting for build dates.
They might been where someone cancelled their order because the long wait maybe.
Griff74
Silver Member
Drives: 2019 Polo GTi+ in Reef blue

Post by Griff74 »

It will be exactly that and ones the dealer has ordered to sell, the dealer I bought mine from has had a few new unregistered GTi's for sale the last few weeks and they have all gone pretty quick.
Trantor
Getting There!
Drives: GTI+

Post by Trantor »

Both cars may have been on the same boat. Next stop for mine will be Sheerness. You've been waiting longer than I have! Surely we must be among the last of us waiting 13-18 months? Enjoy our car when it finally arrives. :)