New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
rooneys
New
Drives: Golf gtd

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by rooneys »

Screw the planet and people's health, I want a slightly better exhaust sound.
rooneys
New
Drives: Golf gtd

Post by rooneys »

Being serious, no one who ordered many many months ago is getting exactly what they ordered.
Cadwest
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by Cadwest »

Found this on YouTube

https://youtu.be/lMTIa-cIHeE

Compared to mine definitely sounds quieter with less pops and bangs when giving it some stick but that could be just me.
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

rooneys wrote:Being serious, no one who ordered many many months ago is getting exactly what they ordered.
That's right. There's now an illuminated scuffplate that says 'sucker'.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Martin-GTi
New
Drives: 2019 Polo GTI+

Post by Martin-GTi »

JimBob23 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:06 pm Martin-GTi - Did you call your dealer to enquire about the ship? I've not heard back from mine yet so may give him a call later on.
I called VW customer services on Friday; gave them my order number and asked for info on shipping.

They said that my car hasn’t been shipped yet. It apparently leaves the factory for the port, waits 7-10 days (I assume for logistical reasons so they ensure they have enough cars stockpiled to fill the ship), then makes its way to Emden. When it gets to Emden, it’s there for 7-10 days (my understanding is that it receives final build status there to ensure tariff free movemment within the EU - but that could be wrong). Then it’s shipped to a port near to the retailer’s location. It sits there for 7-10 days and is then transported to the dealer.

So I’m assuming at least six weeks from the build date before it arrives at the dealer. But we’ll see.....
Adam_013
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo Beats 1.0 95PS

Post by Adam_013 »

Dark_cze wrote:
johnpolo2 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:10 pm Is it me or is the exhaust sound now crap.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
well still better than 1.0tsi :DDD I like to drive mine with OPF anyway :)
You say that, idle + rev isn't too far off the A1 1.0TSi 'Sport' which we have... And I wouldn't say the polo sounds better... Just my opinion mind.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

JimBob23
New
Drives: Hyundai i30N Performance

Post by JimBob23 »

Martin-GTi wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:38 pm
JimBob23 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:06 pm Martin-GTi - Did you call your dealer to enquire about the ship? I've not heard back from mine yet so may give him a call later on.
I called VW customer services on Friday; gave them my order number and asked for info on shipping.

They said that my car hasn’t been shipped yet. It apparently leaves the factory for the port, waits 7-10 days (I assume for logistical reasons so they ensure they have enough cars stockpiled to fill the ship), then makes its way to Emden. When it gets to Emden, it’s there for 7-10 days (my understanding is that it receives final build status there to ensure tariff free movemment within the EU - but that could be wrong). Then it’s shipped to a port near to the retailer’s location. It sits there for 7-10 days and is then transported to the dealer.

So I’m assuming at least six weeks from the build date before it arrives at the dealer. But we’ll see.....
My god the wait continues!!! It's getting so close now it's killing me! My dealer never got back to me but i guess I'd just get the same as what VW customer services has told you.
fazzy
Bronze Member
Drives: GTi++/TT/TDi/190E

Post by fazzy »

peter007 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:40 am Guys, this week I will have a comparison video with stock and my gpf-back exhaust for Polo GTI.

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk
Peter,
Have you dynoed your Polo before and after the exhaust change?
Troyj369
New
Drives: Polo gti

Post by Troyj369 »

So had my polo gti for 2 weeks now and all I can say is hold tight it’s 100% worth the wait only issue is fuel tank is so small it’s like 35-40 litres so it’s cheap to fill but always filling up but I still love car well worth wait
peter007
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI 2018

Post by peter007 »

fazzy wrote:
peter007 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:40 am Guys, this week I will have a comparison video with stock and my gpf-back exhaust for Polo GTI.

Peter,
Have you dynoed your Polo before and after the exhaust change?
Dynoed after, exactly 200hp and 310-320nm no bonus... this exhaust doesnt change anything as long as gpf and cat are in place...

fazzy
Bronze Member
Drives: GTi++/TT/TDi/190E

Post by fazzy »

peter007 wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:29 am
Dynoed after, exactly 200hp and 310-320nm no bonus... this exhaust doesnt change anything as long as gpf and cat are in place...

Well, since you haven't dynoed before, we can only assume that stock was 200HP. But what if it wasn't...?
On the other hand if this exhaust doesn't change a thing then why bother? For the noise?

Peter, why don't you start a separate topic about exhaust modifications, because this forum will become a mess.. This topic should be about new cars and delivery and we are on the subject of modifying cars.
JimBob23
New
Drives: Hyundai i30N Performance

Post by JimBob23 »

JimBob23 wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:13 pm
Martin-GTi wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:38 pm

My god the wait continues!!! It's getting so close now it's killing me! My dealer never got back to me but i guess I'd just get the same as what VW customer services has told you.
Martin-GTi - My dealer has just got back to me :D My went on a boat called "Glovis Stella" on the 16th of this month and it's apparently due in Emden on the 5th of March. It's there for a few days for VW to check it over and them it's back on the ship and heading for my drive way!
Martin-GTi
New
Drives: 2019 Polo GTI+

Post by Martin-GTi »

JimBob23 wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:12 pm
Martin-GTi - My dealer has just got back to me :D My went on a boat called "Glovis Stella" on the 16th of this month and it's apparently due in Emden on the 5th of March. It's there for a few days for VW to check it over and them it's back on the ship and heading for my drive way!
Hi Jim - that’s great news :D - more positive timings than I had with the VW customer services person.

I’ve just looked for the location of the ship. It’s just off the coast of Namibia heading north, so it’s on the way.....

I haven’t received a call back from my dealer yet, but as our cars were confirmed as built within 24 hours of each other, I suspect they’re enjoying the boat ride together :lol:

My dealer did say they’d have the car ready within 24 hours of it arriving to them. I suspect they want to get the revenue before the end of the financial tax year, which suits me.
gonk1959
Bronze Member
Drives: 2016 Gti polo

Post by gonk1959 »

im green with envy. Well done guys. Mine is not going to build intill w/c 11march. Only been waiting a year :(

On another note. Since its been nearly a yr since I ordered my GTi Plus. Can anyone confirm has the standard spec changed/improved...what comes as standard on the plus??
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

gonk1959 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:26 am im green with envy. Well done guys. Mine is not going to build intill w/c 11march. Only been waiting a year :(

On another note. Since its been nearly a yr since I ordered my GTi Plus. Can anyone confirm has the standard spec changed/improved...what comes as standard on the plus??
You now get two USB ports for rear seat passengers and the the car’s fitted with a GPF.

Probably easier to check the current price list brochure for details of what standard equipment list includes on the GTI+. Link below;

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk//assets/co ... celist.pdf