New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
gnome
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI Plus

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by gnome »

Griff74 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:18 am
gnome wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:01 am Delphinus Leader should have docked in Vigo at 3am but looks like he’s had to waste some time going round in circles, seems like he’s finally headed in.

Noticed the Glovis Sunlight is due in Emden on the 25th as well, it’s not stopping at Vigo.
Yeah Vigo looks a bit busy so she probably had to wait!

I hadn't been keeping an eye on the Sunlight as she never stopped at PE after leaving Durban but there is a chance some of us might have their car on her, my dealer hasn't given me an update to say which ship my car is on, have you been told?
Nothing from dealer, every time I go in my sales guy isn’t there and i get told he’ll call me, still waiting.
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

gnome wrote:
Griff74 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:18 am
gnome wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:01 am Delphinus Leader should have docked in Vigo at 3am but looks like he’s had to waste some time going round in circles, seems like he’s finally headed in.

Noticed the Glovis Sunlight is due in Emden on the 25th as well, it’s not stopping at Vigo.
Yeah Vigo looks a bit busy so she probably had to wait!

I hadn't been keeping an eye on the Sunlight as she never stopped at PE after leaving Durban but there is a chance some of us might have their car on her, my dealer hasn't given me an update to say which ship my car is on, have you been told?
Nothing from dealer, every time I go in my sales guy isn’t there and i get told he’ll call me, still waiting.
I'm sure he'll be available when it's time to hand over the money.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

gnome
Getting There!

Post by gnome »

Delphinus Leader now on it’s way to Southampton 🙄 Have we got the wrong ship 😟
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

GTI's really starting to appear now. Seen three in 2 days . Stratford upon Avon, Kenilworth and Leamington Spa.
The red one today had the pano roof and brescias, looked very smart.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Griff74
Silver Member
Drives: 2019 Polo GTi+ in Reef blue

Post by Griff74 »

gnome wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:42 pm Delphinus Leader now on it’s way to Southampton 🙄 Have we got the wrong ship 😟
I saw that, maybe we have (our cars could be on the Sunlight) or maybe she's got to drop off cars for another manufacturer there, it probably won't just be VW's that she's carrying.
gnome
Getting There!

Post by gnome »

Griff74 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:40 am
gnome wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:42 pm Delphinus Leader now on it’s way to Southampton 🙄 Have we got the wrong ship 😟
I saw that, maybe we have (our cars could be on the Sunlight) or maybe she's got to drop off cars for another manufacturer there, it probably won't just be VW's that she's carrying.
Passing the dealers later today so might pop in and try get some info.
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Griff/Gnome: Any confirmation what ship your cars are on? I got the 5a notification the day after you 2, so highly likely all 3 cars are on the same ship.

If Delfinius leader is due in Southampton for Weds, if it's not headed for the Scandinavian countries, a quick stop at Rotterdam or Amsterdam might see it in Emden for Fri/Sat.
gnome
Getting There!

Post by gnome »

monkeyhanger wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:01 am Griff/Gnome: Any confirmation what ship your cars are on? I got the 5a notification the day after you 2, so highly likely all 3 cars are on the same ship.

If Delfinius leader is due in Southampton for Weds, if it's not headed for the Scandinavian countries, a quick stop at Rotterdam or Amsterdam might see it in Emden for Fri/Sat.
No confirmation, guess based on when it visited Port Elizabeth and when we got our 5a message.
gnome
Getting There!

Post by gnome »

Ok, I have a confirmed ship name, it’s the Glovis Sunlight. 🥳 Just called into dealership.
Griff74
Silver Member
Drives: 2019 Polo GTi+ in Reef blue

Post by Griff74 »

gnome wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:50 am Ok, I have a confirmed ship name, it’s the Glovis Sunlight. 🥳 Just called into dealership.
Oh thats awesome, mine has to be on the same one then surely.

I think my sales guy said he is off all of Easter so might call him tomorrow.
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

gnome wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:50 am Ok, I have a confirmed ship name, it’s the Glovis Sunlight. 🥳 Just called into dealership.
So you're tracking that now? If it didn't leave port until the 29th, mine could be on it. Another set of Michelins to buy! :(
gnome
Getting There!

Post by gnome »

monkeyhanger wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:38 pm
So you're tracking that now? If it didn't leave port until the 29th, mine could be on it. Another set of Michelins to buy! :(
Emden, April 25th ETA for Glovis Sunlight, been keeping an eye on a few ships.
Bramcoteboy27
New
Drives: Waiting for gti+

Post by Bramcoteboy27 »

Mine should be on the Glovis Sunlight the dealership have no idea next to useless
allye
Getting There!
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Post by allye »

I could no agree more. My dealer last week "you'll get it when it has passed the emissions test". Really.....
Another young chap at the dealer said it may take a week from the factory to the docks. I suggested he go away and look at Google Maps!!!.
I
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

Anyone placed their order for the next generation Polo GTI yet? Might arrive on time if you do it now... :roll: