New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by barrywi »

Mine came from Grimsby but other ports serve Southern buyers
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

allye wrote:Finally just go a build date from the retailer of week 9. So I think I should get delivery early May (week 17ish). Not bad as I ordered it end January so only a 16 month wait. Thanks VW for your incompetence. :(
I wonder if any of the VW management feel that they would best serve the company by resigning. Surely they can't be congratulating each other on how they have handled things.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

albob
Bronze Member
Drives: BlueGT

Post by albob »

jylydesign wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:23 pm
albob wrote:Saw a transporter load of New Polos heading west on the M180 today (out of Grimsby?) - two Flash Red cars on board.. .. :)
GTI's?

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk
I couldn't tell.... !
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

johnpolo2 wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:34 pm
allye wrote:Finally just go a build date from the retailer of week 9. So I think I should get delivery early May (week 17ish). Not bad as I ordered it end January so only a 16 month wait. Thanks VW for your incompetence. :(
I wonder if any of the VW management feel that they would best serve the company by resigning. Surely they can't be congratulating each other on how they have handled things.

I've been treated shabbily by VW UK on 3 separate occasions, but I keep buying cars off them because the performance models are great.

VW UK are terrible at satisfying customers or correcting bad situations caused by them, VW AG or the dealerships.
jylydesign
Getting There!
Drives: GTI+ on order

Post by jylydesign »

monkeyhanger wrote:

I've been treated shabbily by VW UK on 3 separate occasions, but I keep buying cars off them because the performance models are great.

VW UK are terrible at satisfying customers or correcting bad situations caused by them, VW AG or the dealerships.
I agree with you. I also have a Touareg which has pulled to the left since almost new. The dealer wouldn't even offer an alignment check for free (which most tyre centres do) as they said it was likely caused by kerbing or potholes. Now I've never knowingly hit anything significant and in any case its a 4x4! So I took it to STS who reported virtually every single adjustment on all 4 wheels was out and could never have been set up correct from the factory. I am still battling VW to at least refund the alignment costs!

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

monkeyhanger wrote:

My annoyance is with the organ grinder (Germany) and not the monkey.

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

^
As VW AG runs VW UK (unlike some countries where the domestic importer is a separate company) you can have a beef with either.

After my 2 week old MK5 Golf GT Sport 170TDI got clipped by a bus while parked, it was VW UK who didn't give a toss about a franchised dealer's "VW approved" body shop making a complete mess of a repair after sitting on my car for 7 weeks after the accident (parts were delivered after 10 days yet car wasn't touched until week 6 when I'd complained at the lack of progress. When collected, it wax dark and chucking it down. The brake caliper replaced was not secured to the car, the headlining was covered in oily handprints, the interior was covered in steel shards from where the new rear quarter panel was cut in, and to top it all, a relatively expensive rain coat and my top up oil that'd been in the boot "went missing". All that was fixed after threatening legal action (except the missing items not replaced). After the rear wheel arch of the replaced rear quarter panel rusted up 3 weeks later, an independent report on repair standards revealed the paint thickness was 30% of what it should've been, the insurance company looked to retrieve enough Money from the body shop to go elsewhere for a proper repair, VW refused to mediate despite awarding the "VW Approved" status to this abysmal body shop. Insisting I had to offer the chance for remedial works. The rear quarter panel paint job was repeated 5 times over the 14 months I continued to own the car while despising it.

VW UK negotiated a free valet for my trouble, from the body shop that'd given my car free handprints and shards. I refused They said I had to accept to close the complaint. I still refused and even wrote to VW AG about the matter, never heard back.

That should've put me off VWs for life.

Since then I've waited 8.5 months for my Golf R when the lease specials were getting built and delivered within 3 months. Now we've all knowingly been sold a 5 seater car which is unsafe as a 5 seater and been forced to take it on an 18 plate rather than waiting for 68 plate (which will undoubtedly make it worth less than waiting for a 68 plate registration) because they weren't ready for WLTP.
M95DS
New
Drives: N/A

Post by M95DS »

I have been at my local VW dealership to pay for my hire car, and was finally given a build week! It does not show yet on the VW app but they have it on their system already. :)

Car was ordered on April 14th 2018, and given Build Week 6 (of 2019). This can go up and down by around 3 weeks, and then 6-8 weeks from build week to delivery. So early/mid-February for the build week and end of March/early April for the delivery.
Nora
Bronze Member
Drives: A polo

Post by Nora »

There’s some progress but not enough to get exited about, I’ve received an email from the dealer telling me my order has moved up the system
At last, your new Polo is showing some progress and is now showing the order is being processed.

The GTI is showing status 10 week 10 (week commencing 4th March) As the car is showing status 10, I am hoping that the build week will come forwards. It isn't until the order status reaches 20 that the build week is confirmed.

Not the greatest of news, but at least it is progress
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

It's being a long wait for you "M95DS", but look on the bright side, you'll have six months with a 19 plate :D . I'll be getting my Polo for Christmas, so I'll only have a 68 plate for 3 months :(
SHIPWRECKED
New
Drives: GTI +

Post by SHIPWRECKED »

The wait has almost gotten the better of me and I am close to canceling. I ordered May 24th (so approx 28weeks wait so far) and I still don’t have a build date.
I called customer services today for an update and amazingly was given one! Apparently it’s looking likely that my build date will be week 19 although this isn’t confirmed.
So delivery mid July earliest. That will be a 14mth wait.
I’m already on month 5 of my current lease extension (yes I will be leasing the Polo) and my car is due to go back Jan 19th.
Totally in limbo and massively frustrated but I really REALLY want this car!
I’ve ordered a Deep Pearl Black GTI + with Brescias. Got a cracking deal so totally reluctant to give it up after waiting so long already!
I’m massively envious of anyone that already has theirs - I’ve never even sat in one 🤣
Martin-GTi
New
Drives: 2019 Polo GTI+

Post by Martin-GTi »

SHIPWRECKED wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:30 pm The wait has almost gotten the better of me and I am close to canceling. I ordered May 24th (so approx 28weeks wait so far) and I still don’t have a build date.
I called customer services today for an update and amazingly was given one! Apparently it’s looking likely that my build date will be week 19 although this isn’t confirmed.
I’m already on month 5 of my current lease extension (yes I will be leasing the Polo) and my car is due to go back Jan 19th.
I’ve ordered a Deep Pearl Black GTI + with Brescias. Got a cracking deal so totally reluctant to give it up after waiting so long already!
I’m massively envious of anyone that already has theirs - I’ve never even sat in one 🤣
Hi SHIPWRECKED. I ordered pretty much the exact same car as you (Deep pearl Black GTI+ with Brescia wheel, along with some other options). Good choice by the way :D

I ordered mine on 13th May, so just before you.

I received a confirmed build date of week 5, 2019 at the end of last week, so a build date of February 2019. I expect delivery at the beginning of April.

Before you cancel, I’d check the dates quoted are correct. I had all sorts of conflicting information from VW customer services and the on-line chat. The only part of VW that has been consistent is my dealer - as they’ve been totally useless, told me absolutely nothing and don’t return calls or reply to emails.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

SHIPWRECKED wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:30 pm The wait has almost gotten the better of me and I am close to canceling. I ordered May 24th (so approx 28weeks wait so far) and I still don’t have a build date.
Wow,14 month wait - that is ridiculous. I do have to wonder whether a wait like that is due to buying from a dealer that has a lot of orders in for the GTI and has a big spread of build dates due to having spent up their allocation for a long time in the future. When the new MK7 Golf came out, GTIs and GTDs had a very strict allocation. My local dealership only had access to order 1 GTD and 1 GTI per month.

I'm lucky enough to have a GTI+ already, but we do have another on order to replace our Golf R. Considering your wait and the fact that I only had the order accepted at the end of October, maybe I should be expecting it next Christmas.
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

In my experience do not believe anything VW UK or elsewhere tell you and take build dates with a pinch of salt. I was lucky to get mine built just before the South African factory closed and it arrived on July 25 th. Even my dealer has not got one yet despite ordering before me. At one point in my joyous relationship with VW the UK side said the South African factory was closed but an email directly from the VW plant there said they were still open!
After a five minute or more wait on the phone VW UK told me our Gti was definitely absolutely not affected by the rear seat belt problem. I have had no communication from VW anywhere about the seat belt problem, no sticker or warning not to have three people in the back. Despite this my car reg is listed as being recalled on the MOT web site and it goes in on Thursday to be fixed only because I rang the dealer to request it.
You could not make this story up!!
The car and my dealer has been great though.
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

If you fancy the short drive from Somerset to the Lake District you can sit in mine, but no touching anything!!
Seriously you have my sympathy.