New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by monkeyhanger »

Beaten to it!
Scott H
New
Drives: Fiesta ST3 and Polo GTI+ not so soon

Post by Scott H »

think i'm going to stick with it and wait for the GTI+. shame it's going to be after summer now and maybe even as late as winter! My dealer offered to freeze all the financials as they are so i won't lose out at all and even offered to put me in a golf or something else in the meantime. it's going to be something like 10 months wait when i eventually get it.
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Post by barrywi »

Its me age!
BadgerBadger
New
Drives: Polo GTI + 2018

Post by BadgerBadger »

Ordered my Polo GTI+ in BW11 and still having a status of 'With the Factory'. Having not got anywhere with the VW dealer (I think I know more about what is going on than he does) I contacted VW to get some clarification as to when I might take delivery of the vehicle. I must commend the VW rep whom I spoke to as they managed to deflect almost every question I asked them.

The only piece of information I managed to gather from them was, "We have been experiencing delays in the factory, however as the week 22 is approaching many orders have been pulled out in order to add changes and when the week 22 starts they will be put back in line and this should not affect the overall waiting time." Not entirely sure as to whether this means that there have been changes to customer orders or as to whether she is referring to changes to the actual line.

Starting to get a bit miffed that I haven't even reached the confirmed build date phase and to top it off I'm now driving the missus '05 KA (at least its not pink)
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

Rang my dealer again today to double check the spec on my order.
He confirmed what I thought plus said if led headlights were fitted then headlamp washers would be fitted. The winter pack is heated washer jets, heated seats plus washer bottle empty light.
Mine is due to be started next Monday 28 th and that was confirmed, also that the factory shuts after week 24 orders ( in a couple of weeks) for two months but he did not know why.
He has a friend who works/ worked at the South Africa factory and he said that the rumoured strikes there does not surprise him as there was usually one department or other on strike all the time!
Shipping time confirmed at 5 weeks plus possibly another two weeks from Emden to dealer. So that means my car may be here mid to late July......assuming it gets made. Good job it is sunny and warm to distract me from fretting.
Cadwest
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by Cadwest »

My dealer rang me last night at 7:30pm to confirm my car is being built next week the 28/5 and has an estimated delivery date of 30/06/18.
Please don’t hate me but I only ordered mine on Saturday, I walked into my local VW dealer and said I was looking for a new grey or red gti+. The sales manager said they had a red one on order that had not been sold and had the three optional extras that I wanted so I purchased it not knowing about the delivery problems. He told me that if I did not have this one it would be at least October before I would get one, I thought it was just a load of sales talk until I joined the forum today.
It could be that other dealers may have ordered cars that are not sold and it might be worth ringing round some of the dealers outside your local area. Finally hello to everyone and I look forward to being a member of the community, in 35+ years of driving it’s my first VW.
stevereeves
Silver Member
Drives: Atlantic Blue '21 Mk8 Golf 1.5 6sp Style

Post by stevereeves »

That is sometimes how it's done. Me, I originally wanted 1.0 Golf SE or Match, due to low usage - a paltry 10800ish miles in 2 years, in either silver or midnite blue. Not much difference, I know (!) The dealer phone saying they would be acquiring cancelled order, a 1.4 Match Edition (like Match but w Winter Pack & Sat Nav) in Reflex Silver with Park Assist also specced, would I consider this car? Yes, yes I would. And I did. Shoulda cost more than the 1.0 but they sold me it for the same price. Guess the phrase is: right place, right time, it happens, not often but it does happen. Good stuff....
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

Cadwest wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 2:10 pm My dealer rang me last night at 7:30pm to confirm my car is being built next week the 28/5 and has an estimated delivery date of 30/06/18.
Please don’t hate me but I only ordered mine on Saturday, I walked into my local VW dealer and said I was looking for a new grey or red gti+. The sales manager said they had a red one on order that had not been sold and had the three optional extras that I wanted so I purchased it not knowing about the delivery problems. He told me that if I did not have this one it would be at least October before I would get one, I thought it was just a load of sales talk until I joined the forum today.
It could be that other dealers may have ordered cars that are not sold and it might be worth ringing round some of the dealers outside your local area. Finally hello to everyone and I look forward to being a member of the community, in 35+ years of driving it’s my first VW.
If it is being built next week like my car I cannot see you getting it on the 30 th June as it takes 5 weeks to ship to Emden then two weeks to the dealer. Maybe he meant 30th July which would be more realistic, I would double check with the dealer.
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

barrywi wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 11:58 am Rang my dealer again today to double check the spec on my order.
He confirmed what I thought plus said if led headlights were fitted then headlamp washers would be fitted.
Barry, don’t be surprised if it doesn’t have headlamp washers; there’s no legal requirement for them to be fitted if the power output of the LED headlamps is below 2,000 lumens. Also, all the GTI’s I’ve seen in reviews or videos have had LED headlamps, and none have had headlamp washers - if they did, you’d be able to see the pop-up covers over the washer jets in the front bumper just below the headlamps, but none have had these.

Neither the current price list nor the configurator show the LED headlamps as having washers. Under the ‘standard equipment’ tab for the GTI+ on VW’s website (under ‘Models -> Specifications and comparison’ section), headlights are shown as ‘LED headlamps with automatic range adjustment’; no mention of headlamp washers;

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new/polo-nf ... -equipment
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Cadwest:

I did the same thing a few weeks ago. I wanted a flash red GTI+ with Brescias, had to get nav, rear view camera and appnet on a scheduled build order to beat the rush.

There are a few out there available if you want extras or don't mind paying for a few you may have otherwise not specced. Will be built in 2 weeks time.

I was going to wait for the manual box, but need a 5 door car to replace a 3 door car that's proving to be a pain to get 2 girls into and out of.

I'm less convinced there'll actually be a manual, as VW seem to be pushing the perfornance models towards DSG only, and i've never been satisfied by my Golf R's manual box. Had 8 VAGs from new and they all had a smoother box than the R, feels gravelly.

WLTP will probably put paid to the manual, especially if the 7 speed DSG box eventually gets put in. Will we see more output for the Polo GTI in future as the Golf GTI has just been canned in standard 230ps form, only available in 245ps PP?

Build next week and ready to pick up 4 weeks later? More like end of July. I'm putting collection off until new 68 plate, for the sake of 2-4 weeks wait.
Cadwest
Bronze Member

Post by Cadwest »

Yep Barry I thought the 30th might be pushing it but I can put up with a week or two delay now I know how lucky I am.
Cadwest
Bronze Member

Post by Cadwest »

monkeyhanger:

Need to get the wife into an auto due to health reasons so will take delivery as and when it arrives, told her to get tha auto seat Ibiza last September but she would not listen, now it’s ment I’ve had to part ex my beloved v40 r design.
Velodyne1200
New
Drives: VW Polo GTI+

Post by Velodyne1200 »

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum so please be gentle. I've been looking to change cars for a few months & was tempted with the new Polo GTI. Long story short - I popped into my local dealer 2 weeks ago to be told about the long wait for delivery. It was mentioned that 2 Polo GTI Plus cars were due in soon and to pop back in. I popped in today by chance for a quick look and the sales rep greeted me with a big smile. 1 of the cars had just arrived on the transporter. He told me the car was a canceled order and it was mine if I wanted it. 30 minutes later the car was bought and I am collecting it on Friday. They have another arriving in a few weeks and it can be had as well.
For anyone that's not seen one in the flesh - the car looks great - you won't be disappointed.
MrLems
New

Post by MrLems »

Velodyne1200 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 9:04 pm Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum so please be gentle. I've been looking to change cars for a few months & was tempted with the new Polo GTI. Long story short - I popped into my local dealer 2 weeks ago to be told about the long wait for delivery. It was mentioned that 2 Polo GTI Plus cars were due in soon and to pop back in. I popped in today by chance for a quick look and the sales rep greeted me with a big smile. 1 of the cars had just arrived on the transporter. He told me the car was a canceled order and it was mine if I wanted it. 30 minutes later the car was bought and I am collecting it on Friday. They have another arriving in a few weeks and it can be had as well.
For anyone that's not seen one in the flesh - the car looks great - you won't be disappointed.
Hello everyone!

Like Velodyne1200, I am new to this forum and have been following the thread for a while now. Luckily I have also managed to jump the queue for a Polo GTI +.

I'd been deliberating about buying one for a long time now so I popped into the dealer a couple of weeks back to discuss. We talked dates, gave the spec I wanted and after some faffing about on his tablet... lo and behold there was 1 available, in the exact spec I wanted. Only issue it was going to be a demonstrator for a dealer up North. So with zero hesitation, I bought it.

It is currently in transit to Germany and is due to be available for collection mid June. I've been told by my dealer there are more stock vehicles becoming available due to cancelled orders. So if like me you just can't wait, there may be a vehicle out there for you with a shorter lead time!
Velodyne1200
New
Drives: VW Polo GTI+

Post by Velodyne1200 »

MrLems:

Nice one - what spec did you end up going for? I had to compromise by getting a standard car in White. It still looks good though - can't wait until Friday.