New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by silverhairs »

allye wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:25 pm Just got the latest Autoexpress. They test Fiesta, Mini and Polo. No surprise the Polo came last. But then again you can buy the Ford and Mini now and get them this year. The Polo well if ordered now might be here before the end of the decade!!!!! :)
Not read the Auto Express yet, but don't you think the Polo is a much more a premium looking car? The nose on a Fiesta is ugly, and as for the Mini, (it's not a mini any more), look at the size boot on that.
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Post by barrywi »

I think the Auto Express test misses the point of owning the Polo . It is a more laid back sort of car and not a hot hatch in the sense of a car you want to hammer all the time. In my opinion it looks better outside and especially in regards to the sat nav displays. The mini is over designed and the Fiesta pop up screen looks like and add on. If they had tested the Gti+ the comment that the sat nav screen in the Polo could be better placed would be irrelevant as it can be placed exactly where you want it.
I think the testers are all 21 years old and get together in McDonalds car park at night! I could go on....
Robint
Bronze Member
Drives: 2018 polo GTI

Post by Robint »

I agree most people don’t want to drive on a race track but be comfy and quick at the same time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
allye
Getting There!
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Post by allye »

I totally agree The Polo is for the more 'discerning' driver. At 65 I'm not doing doughnuts in car park anymore!
Robint
Bronze Member

Post by Robint »

Ha ha as my son says the letters GTI on my car needs re -arranging

barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

I am seventy one and three quarters, and the car belongs technically to my wife who is obviously much much younger( coughs) Being a man I tend to drive all the time when we are both together, but just this minute she has asked me if I am happy that she takes the car to visit her friend, a couple of miles away. She has had a few drives in it but it is a lot more complex than her / our VW UP now traded in. I said yes to her question but she replied that she thought I was more bothered about her scratching the car or wheels than her getting hurt. I could not possibly comment on that!!
Solution to the son saying to re arrange the letters on the car to Git is to ask him if he has heard of dis inheritance.
Also my salesman friend could not believe that my wife got insurance fully comp, protected bonus for £167.00, actually neither could I but there are benefits to being an Old Gti. :D
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

Good news.
Got a call to pop down and see my VW salesman this afternoon.
Went to collect my Dataplug for VW Connect and the salesman gave me a cheque from VW. It was for a full refund on the slimmed down winterpack instead of a partial refund so was for £285.00
I suggest anyone out there in my situation goes to their dealer to mention what happened to me.
I note now that the winterpack is only advertised on line as heated seats and empty washerbottle indicator.
He said he is still pestering VW for more compo for not being able to take the car over to 68 reg, but no news yet. I have told him he is on commission for getting a refund.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Good outcome Barry to get the slimmed down winter pack for free, and great work by your salesman!

Enjoy those warm seats during the cold winter months 🙂.
silverhairs
Gold Member

Post by silverhairs »

barrywi wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:13 pm I am seventy one and three quarters, and the car belongs technically to my wife who is obviously much much younger( coughs) Being a man I tend to drive all the time when we are both together, but just this minute she has asked me if I am happy that she takes the car to visit her friend, a couple of miles away. She has had a few drives in it but it is a lot more complex than her / our VW UP now traded in. I said yes to her question but she replied that she thought I was more bothered about her scratching the car or wheels than her getting hurt. I could not possibly comment on that!!
Solution to the son saying to re arrange the letters on the car to Git is to ask him if he has heard of dis inheritance.
Also my salesman friend could not believe that my wife got insurance fully comp, protected bonus for £167.00, actually neither could I but there are benefits to being an Old Gti. :D
Should have told the son, that he has purchased the car for you, as it was his inheritance money that purchased the car in the first place :D
Robint
Bronze Member

Post by Robint »

Ha ha like it

barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

He works fot a company that installs bottling equipment for beer .
Have I seen any samples yet...NO. He could be double dis inherited I think.
MilgeS
Silver Member
Drives: R-Line and Gti+

Post by MilgeS »

barrywi wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:50 pm Good news.
Went to collect my Dataplug for VW Connect and the salesman gave me a cheque from VW. It was for a full refund on the slimmed down winterpack instead of a partial refund so was for £285.00
I suggest anyone out there in my situation goes to their dealer to mention what happened to me.
I note now that the winterpack is only advertised on line as heated seats and empty washerbottle indicator.
He said he is still pestering VW for more compo for not being able to take the car over to 68 reg, but no news yet. I have told him he is on commission for getting a refund.
That is great news! Can you let me now which page your original explanation of your situation is on please, save me trawling through 65 pages!!

I have both Polo's with winter pack as described on the original spec with washers etc, doubt I will be so lucky but worth a try, do you mind if I copy your above post to show my salesman please?
silverhairs
Gold Member

Post by silverhairs »

barrywi wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:01 pm He works fot a company that installs bottling equipment for beer .
Have I seen any samples yet...NO. He could be double dis inherited I think.
NO FREE SAMPLES :?:
Get rid of the Polo and get a Rolls, he'll get sweet Fanny Adams :D
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

MilgeS wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:59 pm
barrywi wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:50 pm Good news.
That is great news! Can you let me now which page your original explanation of your situation is on please, save me trawling through 65 pages!!

I have both Polo's with winter pack as described on the original spec with washers etc, doubt I will be so lucky but worth a try, do you mind if I copy your above post to show my salesman please?
Well when I got the paperwork describing the spec on my ordered Polo Gti plus it said the winterpack consisted of four items but as the first cars arrived in the country it became clear that two items, the headlamp washers and the heated washer jets were not on the cars. I just went to my dealer and told them about this so they asked VW for a refund( they still ate waiting for their first Gti to arrive!) . VW offered a percentage off the price I had paid for the winter pack but my dealer said he would push for a total refund. I paid for the car in full, including the £285 winter pack cost and just over a week after picking upmthe car the dealer called me to say I should pick up the VW connect dongle he had ordered and the cheque. Even though the cheque was from the dealer, he said they had been re imbursed by VW . He is still pursuing compensation for me for not being able to register the car as a 68 due to the WLTP mess. I am not sure if that will happen but we will see.
Feel free to copy and paste this post if it helps.
MilgeS
Silver Member
Drives: R-Line and Gti+

Post by MilgeS »

Thank you very much, I will update here if I get any luck too. Good luck with your other claim and enjoy your car when it finally arrives :)