New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by barrywi »

That is roughly what I was initially told ( 21st May) but was also told it could move either way. No firm date yet for me.
Lewisoak
New
Drives: Polo GTi plus

Post by Lewisoak »

barrywi wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:49 am That is roughly what I was initially told ( 21st May) but was also told it could move either way. No firm date yet for me.
at least they're giving consistent dates for us
kelgti+
New
Drives: VW Polo GT Bluemotion 2015

Post by kelgti+ »

Hello! I'm new here but I have been watching this thread since I ordered my polo GTI+ and thought I would add my 2p. I ordered mine on February 2nd and like a lot of people the order tracker isn't showing a build date yet and is still showing 'with the factory'. I contacted my dealership for an update who in turn called VW and they confirmed the tracker "doesn't seem to be tracking" and advised I should have a build date next month and they expect me to take delivery of the car before the end of June.
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

Maybe they need that Bush Tracker bloke off the telly to find the cars? Lets hope that some corrupt bloke at VW hasn't sold them all to Nigeria on the black market. :D
Garjen
New
Drives: 2018 beats

Post by Garjen »

barrywi wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:19 pm Lets hope that some corrupt bloke at VW hasn't sold them all to Nigeria on the black market. :D
Hahahah in response to a great deal on gold ? Or long lost relative with money ?
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

Yes indeed!
clidds
New
Drives: GTI+

Post by clidds »

I've spoken with my dealer as well as I ordered on the 7th Feb and my order is still showing 'with the factory', he replied saying that every single Polo he has on order is showing the same status, he has queried this with VW UK who have apparently said that there is some sort of issue with the tracking of Polo orders but are unable to enlighten him any further...all a bit of a mystery!!
phileep
Getting There!
Drives: Polo Beats 2018

Post by phileep »

I had ordered my new Polo back on the 25th February

Just had an update and it has a build week of 22? Does that mean the 22nd week, so 28th May?

The dealer said they are looking at a July delivery! :(

Whats going on!!
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

July which year?? :twisted:
phileep
Getting There!
Drives: Polo Beats 2018

Post by phileep »

At this rate 2020
clidds
New
Drives: GTI+

Post by clidds »

phileep wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:48 pm I had ordered my new Polo back on the 25th February

Just had an update and it has a build week of 22? Does that mean the 22nd week, so 28th May?

The dealer said they are looking at a July delivery! :(

Whats going on!!
phileep is yours a GTI model?
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

Just got an email back from my dealer to say that my Gti+ looks like it is close to confirmation of build for week 22( not sure where he gets the information) He says this means I should expect delivery around the end of July. Later than expected but committed to buying anyway.
Lewisoak
New
Drives: Polo GTi plus

Post by Lewisoak »

barrywi wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:34 pm Just got an email back from my dealer to say that my Gti+ looks like it is close to confirmation of build for week 22( not sure where he gets the information) He says this means I should expect delivery around the end of July. Later than expected but committed to buying anyway.
Hi Barry, I got an email from my dealer I've also got a close to confirmed build week of week 21.
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

Just a thought.
Even if an individual car has been built I would presume that VW would have to wait for a boatload of cars to be ready before they get them sent off to Germany?
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

barrywi wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:52 pm Just a thought.
Even if an individual car has been built I would presume that VW would have to wait for a boatload of cars to be ready before they get them sent off to Germany?
Yes, once s car’s been built. It won’t necessarily be put on the next boat to leave for Germany. It could be sitting in a holding area for a number of days after being built before it’s shipped out.