New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by barrywi »

Maybe it should be taken back into British ownership like it was after the war? A sort of Vexit! :D
Devvoman1
New
Drives: Now Golf V 1.6, new Polo GTI ordered

Post by Devvoman1 »

monkeyhanger wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:48 pm
Devvoman1 wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:59 pm So basically dealers are trying to play time by not providing build dates, which they should have had weeks ago, as they still don't have the WLTP clearences? Thats what I gather anyway from my dealer - they keep saying that the build date will be locked in "soon", and this has been the case for weeks.
I'm also in the phase where I'm very close to pulling out and canceling my order, but I need the dealer to admit they cannot deliver in the delivery time they promised when the order was made..I emailed my dealer that if they can't give me a build date in one week I'm going to cancel the order.. Lets see what happens.
I don't think the dealers knew anything of the impending WLTP bombshell before the end of June, when they were told that they'd have to have everything coming through registered by Aug 15th. VW dealers are pulling their hair out right now - trying to sell cars without a current supply or a firm date of when that supply will be resumed must be pretty frustrating for them while theyve got staff with nothing to do that need paying.

Do look around before you cancel if you are looking for a new car, you may find all the other marque dealerships in the same boat re WLTP compliance and supply. If you have timeframes for supply agreed which are impossible to meet now, you have every right to get your deposit back without penalty.
Thanks for the replies.
This is what I'm hoping, that I'm able to cancel without penalties (we in Finland don't need a deposit, but if the car is manufactured and then cancelled, the consumer has to pay a penalty as they are left with a car on their lot. But in my case they would cancel the order without a built car) as they probably know it's impossible for them to get anywhere near the estimated delivery date. (Sorry I wasn't exact, I was quoted an estimated 5 month delivery date).
Devvoman1
New
Drives: Now Golf V 1.6, new Polo GTI ordered

Post by Devvoman1 »

Hi,
I thought I'd give an update I just got from my dealer.

So now my dealer admitted the delivery will be postponed till next year, where it was originally October when I made the order in May. Now they propose a new loaner car (T-Roc) for the time being at a somewhat reasonable monthly rate.

Obviously not happy at all, but knowing my options at least it makes my decision-making easier - either wait with a new loaner or cancel the order, this I'm sure I'm entitled to do without penalty.
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

Why be satisfied with a loan car when they told you a lie in the first place, for you to keep your order, you should push for a free replacement car till yours arrives, not a loan car that costs you money, think of the money you'll be laying out for the loan car, it really could go on till March.
albob
Bronze Member
Drives: BlueGT

Post by albob »

Monkeyhanger wrote "....Are emissions limits tighter full stop across a wide range of emissions such as soot, CO, CO2 and NOx (maybe some others we've never traditionally considered), with those not meeting a minimum standard unable to be built? If so, will that mean the end of the Americans sticking V6s and V8s into everything with wheels? Or are the gradings purely to be used as a taxation tool depending on their mpg/CO2 (if that's the case, why does it need to be global as individual governments would set their own taxation bands)…."

The EU are tightening Emission standards. The new Subaru WRX will not be sold in the EU because it cannot meet these new standards :(

There are plans to reduce emissions to 95g by 2020/21 (over the fleet, whatever that means !)
More info here ::

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/indu ... w-co2-laws
http://www.dft.gov.uk/vca/fcb/cars-and- ... ioxide.asp
M95DS
New
Drives: N/A

Post by M95DS »

Made an account just to post this, after reading more into the damned delay...

Ordered the Polo GTI+ with Brescia alloys and Winter Pack. This was back in April, Week 15. My estimated delivery date was set to end of September - giving them around 5.5 months - as that’s when my insurance runs out on my current car and they thought it will also be a reasonable estimate.

So far there is nothing. No build week. No news. Nothing. Currently speaking with the dealership to get me a hire car until my Polo actually arrives, because my current car is getting part exchanged, and I am still paying finance on it - that being said, there is positive equity. The longer I keep my car, the more money will be poured into it and they can simply value it for less when the actual part exchange happens which I absolutely refuse to do when the delay is not even our fault.
Currently have no info regarding the hire car. The dealership is in the talks with VW but still awaiting an answer from them. Will need to know fast as insurance needs renewing in 3.5 weeks and I would rather not insure it for a year and then change the car on the insurance to the Polo, as the premiums would go up or they would refuse to insure me on it - the beauty of being a young driver! In the event they refuse to supply me with a hire car - not a loan, as I refuse to pay for a delay caused by VW and their awful planning - the order will be getting cancelled. I don’t think I will be in any rush to get another VW car after that, either.

Can’t say it’s been easy with all this wait. I was prepared to wait until the estimated delivery date, but reading posts saying November, Christmas, etc, does make me think whether it is worth the wait anymore. The excitement is not there anymore, and unless they do something about it, like providing with hire car, that’s it. :?
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

@M95DS; Unfortunately, lots of people are in a similar situation to yourself and I can understand your frustration.

I don’t think you need to worry about your impending renewal date on your insurance though. If you renew your current policy or arrange cover with a different insurer at renewal date on your current car, when your new car arrives, you’re free to either;
  • cancel your insurance mid-term and get a pro-data return of premium (your insurer may charge you a cancellation fee) and take out cover with another insurer if you find one who’ll quote a more competitive price for your new car than your current insurer quotes you
or
  • get your current insurer to process a vehicle substitution - delete your existing car from your policy and replace it with your new car.
You should get 5 days complementary driveaway insurance cover from VW so you can decide at that time what would be best for you. Unfortunately there’s no 12 months free VW insurance on the Polo GTI though as it’s excluded from VW’s free insurance campaign on the Polo.
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

There are 2 local dealership groups near me and theg both have a different stance when it comes to part ex value. Pulman give you a value for yours, based on when they expect the new car to turn up. If the car takes far longer than expected, they lise out and make a claim against VW. My salesman there told me all this when my Golf R (expected within 3 months) took 8.5 months. My px price was locked and I was running it until the R came.

Lookers (Formerly Benfield) ask how much you owe on the car (which bamboozles them if you owe nowt), decide what it's worth on the day of the deal and say "your equity will not be worse on the day of colkection as it is right now". That option is not for my liking. If you agreed a fixec px at time of order then they should honour it and seek compensation from VW themselves if they end up in a no margin/low margin situation.

If you can stomach the wait, thd GTI+ is a cracking car - not as quick as my R, but is every bit as enjoyable to drive and rammed with new tech.
M95DS
New
Drives: N/A

Post by M95DS »

SRGTD wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:18 pm
  • get your current insurer to process a vehicle substitution - delete your existing car from your policy and replace it with your new car.
That’s the main problem. My current car can be insured with lots of different insurance companies, the Polo not so much. With only 2yrs driving experience, 2yrs NCD and under 25, it can really be difficult finding a good quote!
Cancelling and getting refund (minus cancellation fee) is an option, but I should not have to because - as I already said - I will be pouring money into my car’s finance and as time goes on, it will fall in value due to mileage and wear and tear. Effectively it would be throwing money away for nothing in return - hence why I am pushing so much for a hire car.

I have already agreed on the part exchange value of the car, which is £1500 positive equity (£4,500 left on finance, back in April) - value of £6,000. As my car has done another 4K miles since then, and its value has fallen down too, and I’ve also been paying the finance, it will effectively be worth £5,000 at part exchange - which I feel is the right price for what it’s worth.
By continuing to pay my finance (and not getting a hire), I would have no benefit from part exchange value and the dealership would just make money off me.
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

Reading through this thread is so disheartening. I ordered my GTI at the end of July with an estimated delivery of 12-16 weeks. I was hopeful of getting the car around November time but that seems unlikely now. Spoke with the sales person from my dealership who said it could arrive from the 5th of November onwards...

By the looks of it other people have been waiting much longer so I can't complain, just a bit gutted as this will be the first new car I've ever had.

My tracker (kind of) updated today. It's been on 'With the factory' for weeks now but it now also says:
Your order is with the factory. Some cars are still being tested under new industry wide standards for fuel consumption & emissions (WLTP). There may be a delay in your vehicle being scheduled for productions. Contact your retailer for more information.
Early next year seems optimistic at this point.
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

Yes, spotted that on my app yesterday. Pull up a chair and take a seat and make yourself comfortable, because you're going to be here a long time.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

MilgeS
Silver Member
Drives: R-Line and Gti+

Post by MilgeS »

barrywi wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:19 pm
Cadwest wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:57 pm
barrywi wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:29 pm Dealer let me take the handbooks. Car one is ok but the multimedia has me a bit baffled so far, especially re Carnet. He is pushing for a full refund of the winter pack cost as a gesture of goodwill!! I am not sure VW know what that is, but the dealer has been great. He did me a video so I will try and put it on here
Is anyone else struggling to get Carnet to work? I have entered my VIN correctly but it says it may be for a vehicle unable to use Carnet?
allye
Getting There!
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Post by allye »

Is that early next year for delivery on just a build date?
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

allye wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:19 pm Is that early next year for delivery on just a build date?
I'd hope delivery. But if I don't get a build date soon it could be much later.
alandbess
Bronze Member
Drives: Scirocco

Post by alandbess »

I made the decision today to cancel my order. Have gone and bought an Octavia VRS. I'm picking it up next Friday....

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk