New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Martin-GTi
New
Drives: 2019 Polo GTI+

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by Martin-GTi »

My status updated this morning to stage 5b, but I’m not sure what that means.

My car was built in build week 5, which was week commencing 4th February (almost five weeks ago), so I’m hoping this means it’s left Emden and it’s on its way to the UK. I really hope this doesn’t mean it’s been sitting at Port Elizabeth for the last five weeks and has only just left SA.

Can anyone clarify what stage 5b means?
Nora
Bronze Member
Drives: A polo

Post by Nora »

My original build week was wc 11/3, but the dealer told me that they had confirmation that it was wc 4/3.
However this morning I received 2 similar messages simultaneously, the 1st from the app, the 2nd was a txt from VW. Both stated the car has been built and has left the factory. So I can only assume it’s somewhere between the factory and the dockside awaiting shipping.
allye
Getting There!
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Post by allye »

No response from dealer or VW what my ship it might be on. Built at same time as s_94 (last week in Feb) so hopefully on Glovis Spring as well.
PoloGIT+
Getting There!
Drives: 2019 Polo GTI+

Post by PoloGIT+ »

S_94 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:47 pm
PoloGIT+ wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:04 pm Hi all, looks like there's an end in sight for us! An update from me too, Polo GTI+ (with most options ticked) was ordered 30th Jan 2018, status updated to with the factory 28th Feb 2018, few weeks ago was given a build date of w/c 4th Mar 2019 by the dealer, text message (and app notification) this morning that the car is now in transit (skipped the build in progress update), fingers crossed for a delivery in 6-8 weeks without any other issues :D
Great news mate!

Could very well be possible that your car gets on the Glovis Spring tomorrow - https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/de ... S%20SPRING

Been told by my dealer it's due in Emden on the 1st of April. :)
Thanks mate! :D I hope it is does, fingers crossed we'll both see our elusive Polos soon!
EmmaBx
New
Drives: GTI

Post by EmmaBx »

I’m supposed to have a build week of this week (11/03) but dealer has just called to say that its already been built and should arrive in the UK on 22/03! (Providing these winds don’t affect the journey!) great bit of news on a Monday morning! However, my app has not updated and is still at stage 3 :?
peeceeuk
Bronze Member
Drives: Snazzy red GTi

Post by peeceeuk »

Mine is scheduled for being built this week.
Might call my dealer a bit later and see if I'm fortunate enough to have an earlier than scheduled build.
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

EmmaBx wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:24 am I’m supposed to have a build week of this week (11/03) but dealer has just called to say that its already been built and should arrive in the UK on 22/03! (Providing these winds don’t affect the journey!) great bit of news on a Monday morning! However, my app has not updated and is still at stage 3 :?
Are you sure it's supposed to arrive in the UK on 22/03 and not 22/04?

Given the usual 4-5 week SA to Emden voyage and up to a week to get to the UK after that (If it waits in Emden 4 or 5 days), I'd say yours was built 4 weeks early if it will be in the UK in 2 weeks time.

If that's the case then the plant seems to be getting well ahead of schedule. My build week us apparently 2 weeks away, but could potentially be built or getting built, based on build weeks getting brought forward.
EmmaBx
New

Post by EmmaBx »

monkeyhanger wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:36 pm
EmmaBx wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:24 am I’m supposed to have a build week of this week (11/03) but dealer has just called to say that its already been built and should arrive in the UK on 22/03! (Providing these winds don’t affect the journey!) great bit of news on a Monday morning! However, my app has not updated and is still at stage 3 :?
Are you sure it's supposed to arrive in the UK on 22/03 and not 22/04?

Given the usual 4-5 week SA to Emden voyage and up to a week to get to the UK after that (If it waits in Emden 4 or 5 days), I'd say yours was built 4 weeks early if it will be in the UK in 2 weeks time.

If that's the case then the plant seems to be getting well ahead of schedule. My build week us apparently 2 weeks away, but could potentially be built or getting built, based on build weeks getting brought forward.
My dealer definitely said March. He said his system is saying it will arrive towards the end and he reckons 22/03. I didn’t have a lot of time to talk so I didn’t find out whether it had already left South Africa etc. But he did say they had brought a lot of orders forward. I will call him tomorrow to find out further details. My tracker has still not updated though.. gonna be really upset if he tells me it’s all mistake :cry:
gonk1959
Bronze Member
Drives: 2016 Gti polo

Post by gonk1959 »

Any one know how accurate the VW Tracker is ? My GTi+ was supposedly going to build stage, week 11, to start yesterday Mon11th. The tracker still says build week confirmed instead of build in progress. like most orders, end of this month I will have been waiting 1 year for this bloody car.
peeceeuk
Bronze Member
Drives: Snazzy red GTi

Post by peeceeuk »

From what I've read here it jumps from stage 3 to 5.
There doesn't seem to be a "we're building yours now" option.
I'm in exactly the same situation as you with regards build date and app status.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

gonk1959 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:03 am Any one know how accurate the VW Tracker is ? My GTi+ was supposedly going to build stage, week 11, to start yesterday Mon11th. The tracker still says build week confirmed instead of build in progress. like most orders, end of this month I will have been waiting 1 year for this bloody car.
It’s woefully inaccurate; incorrect information, skips stages altogether, is slow to update and it usually gives build week information that’s a week later than the actual build week. I really don’t know why VW bother with the tracker if they’re not going to ensure it’s providing customers with useful, accurate information; it just causes frustration and annoyance.

If you rely on the tracker for accurate updates, then don’t bother. Better to speak to your dealer or VW customer services.
gonk1959
Bronze Member
Drives: 2016 Gti polo

Post by gonk1959 »

SRGTD wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:00 am
gonk1959 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:03 am Any one know how accurate the VW Tracker is ? My GTi+ was supposedly going to build stage, week 11, to start yesterday Mon11th. The tracker still says build week confirmed instead of build in progress. like most orders, end of this month I will have been waiting 1 year for this bloody car.
It’s woefully inaccurate; incorrect information, skips stages altogether, is slow to update and it usually gives build week information that’s a week later than the actual build week. I really don’t know why VW bother with the tracker if they’re not going to ensure it’s providing customers with useful, accurate information; it just causes frustration and annoyance.

If you rely on the tracker for accurate updates, then don’t bother. Better to speak to your dealer or VW customer services.
Thanks guys...maybe I will contact dealer but I find them as much use as the tracker lol. As SRGTD said, whats the point of the tracker if its not kept up to date.
EmmaBx
New

Post by EmmaBx »

My tracker updated this morning and skipped the build in progress stage. I’ve emailed my dealer to find out if he knows when it left South Africa and what ship it’s on :D
dirtchamber79
New
Drives: Polo

Post by dirtchamber79 »

Hi All

I have ordered a Polo Comfortline and was given build week 5, have been told by the dealer that it will be leaving Emden on the 19th of March. I'm in Ireland so it will go to Southampton then on to Cork. Hope to have the car by end of the month.
Nora
Bronze Member
Drives: A polo

Post by Nora »

It turns out that I actually knew the car had been built before the dealer knew